5 comments

Fiction Drama

The whole day and night,navigation considered our life.sometimes looking to sea, always quite,seemed smiling on our face.The towerd ship also speeding in the havoc sea,looked shy to face the atmosphere around,but had to swim like a naughty whale .

During messing, one of our mate came close to fill the gap,only with a smile,Some times it seemed watching a silent movie.I liked one havoc of the storm,when it dragged our tons of ship to hundreds of knots,like a naughty street boy threw a stone to scared the street dogs.

I guessed all of us turning introverts.In our school ,”Don’t talk" counted as a first alarm.Once ,taken an application for a short leave to my Dutch head master,he only looked the application conoted me the way out,I couldn’t understand his gesture.

The sign of slightly jerk the head,is now billing to appreciate and doing well,considered as ethics. Been sitting silently in the park considered as civilized and serious guy.

I liked only guy,his movies his complete silently,looks like nontalkie,”Mr Beans".He always entered in the scene quietly but dearly,and break the silence with great quietly.This is an art.

,My Aunt always dotted down an elderly lady,Miss Saharan, took all the village girls ,carring a gun in her hand,loaded,and a lantern to a“Henna ceremony”of one of our mates house.She accustomed deliver a piece of an advice,before departure,”We are going to participate in a Marriage function,today is the first part,you all have to participate with great joining and laughing,we are not going to burying a man,we are going to participate with the joiness of a bride.”She clearing eighties at that time,functions were already happened at night,on the way ,she asked us to stand little far,than she had to knock the door,its been already late,”come out you bastard,your second wife has come",this stood her way of creating folks active and sharp.These type of person you rarely find in these hustle bustle life.

As I came on vacation.Asked my Aunt for any functions or weddings organised.I use to took full participating in dancing or singing,just to shrug off my dumbness in two years, wanted to fly like a bird or to bark like a dog freely at night.

My child hood came up lousy,turning twelve,my parents died.came to my uncle,He kept me in his splendid house for a night only.His wife stood hard on him,he had to obey her directives.He gave some amount to spend but in few days ,I becomb penniless.

Searching for a job,no body ready to hire me,I had no references.I haven’t had food for two days,only drank water.”When the going gets tough,the tough gets going”,an old man bought me a tool box of polishing cars.My earnings progressed. Despite earning good money , when ever I glimpse a Naval officer,wearing ,dark blue uniform with cute golden stripes ,cut me a lot.How would I become an Navy Officer,? im a car polisher,ill literate with no back ground nevertheless a Naval officer housed in my subconscious mind.

polished a car of a rich widow. She pitied on me.It was severe heat wave in Karachi, perspiring badly,she asked me to sit in the car,it was air conditioning inside.It gave me a relief.Madam Lubna ,took me to  “Edhi welfare centre”.It impacted a model for the entire world.Mr Edhi,himself took great care of the centre.I got induction and Mr Edhi given me new clothes and food to eat.I saw myself,he always gave bath to the babies himself.He resembled Angel on Earth.He woke up early and go on with his every day work.He seldom talk .He ,I'm sure the first Angel like person ,though,i came out to be young,I guess ,an introvert first time in my life.

On my fifth year,I did my 12 grade,,Mr Edhi instructed me to join Pakistan Merchant Navy.I cleared all tests,and succeeded. as severe dedicated server,I always gave preference to my work.On Weekends,the boys went to parties and to other functions but I habituated

to go to Madam Lubna's mansion.Her weekends were always accompanied with parties.I took joy wearing a white dress and turban of Berra .In this guise, nobody recognised me.Vibrant evening going around, serving guests,a young lady entered into the hall,she gave me a look.I served her a drink.”Tamy” Mrs Lubna ,in an electric mood called her.Mrs Lubna introduced Tamy to the guests.I don’t know why Tamy looked with a continuation.”Listen Berra,are you free coming Saturday,I will pay you handsome for the services”.Mam,actually I came here occasionally,I cannot nay to Mrs Lubna”…..Ok will ask her.Tamy shortly said.How can I tell you I’m a Naval officer,if my office knew they would throw me like a dead dog"I thought myself.

I couldn’t turned down to Madam Lubna.

,Next week end reached Tamy's residence.It rocked splendid and gorgeous linings structure,I haven’t seen in my life before.Living room was equalled to continental class hotel “Oh my Lord,we live in third world country,from where does they brought the wealth?” I thought for a while.Two more berras there to assist.,had a great kitchen,facilitated with the latest requirements.”

"Come here,you know,who this tall berra ,he is your cousin,ask him to leave.He is a stigma,”Tamy's Mother said to Tamy.”But mother,he didn’t know,we would take work from him and then he would leave”Tamy answered sharply.I heard all the talking.”So,this is my Uncle’s house”.I pondered for a while. I quietly done my services.Party over late night.”Afzal,This is your tip,Rupees three thousand.”Tamy kept the amount on the window pane,with an askance look.Now, first time in my life felt it severely hurt , cannot explain the feelings,tears flooded my eyes.Despite that I didn’t uttered a single word from my lips,I vowed to Lord,give me a splendid day,it is not necessary poor would always be lived poor.

Now,I fully dedicated to my studies and training,only one goal in my subconscious to achieve high slot in the life.

After four years I became a commissioned officer.

One day I saw Tamy,looking perturbed,her car had broken down.I helped her,she came up obliged.Now ,she summed me to her house,her mother my Aunt and uncle introduced to me.She fall in love with me.”I wanna marry you,come this weekend father would announced our engagement “ Tamy declared to me,without knocking my consent.

The following weekend,I entered once again in the splendid gorgeous Hall,but not as a Berra,as a Commissioned officer.

Her father,my uncle,my blood,about to announced the engagement.

“Sir,I would marry this girl,sitting and combing a child,without knowing what is going around“.I said with an advancing step.”She is a poor rated girl,came with somebody to feed the child,she is an introvert",shrieked Tamy

.I took the hand of that unknown girl.She became shy.I liked this illeterate girl,she knows the meaning of humanity,I need love,since my child hood” slyly stated in front of all the visitors,"Uncle I'm your nephew,Afzal"As I declared it,all started looking each other faces.

"Tamy,i said in the last,I'm never go out with you again"."

But you would regret later in life".

Tamy said with great annoyance.

This time I gave her an askance look.

The End.

Turning of a life.


July 26, 2021 17:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Tariq Saeed
17:56 Aug 05, 2021

Happy to found you after a long time.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
17:55 Aug 05, 2021

Shejee,please give YOUR suggestions .

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
17:54 Aug 05, 2021

Thank you Sheejee.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
20:15 Aug 01, 2021

Good story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
20:14 Aug 01, 2021

Amazing story

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.