259 comments

Fantasy Sad

"Quiet, Sora. Please." I whispered, trying to calm my young sister. Sora was only four. She didn't know what was happening, why we had to hide, and who was searching for people like us. We were what they called "Claimed." The mortal hosts, in a way, for the Spirits and their magic. I had heard of places where they considered our curses a blessing, powers being allowed to grow, taught how to control the extremities of our magic. Our kingdom wasn't one of them. 


I could hear the footsteps of the officials overhead, and I clamped my hand over Sora's mouth as she let out a small, fearful whimper. The officials were trained by the best, and they had weapons. We didn't.


We've been in hiding for around six months, ever since Sora was Claimed. I had hid my abilities, always making sure to stay just on the average line. Other twelve- year- old Telepaths can't read minds at the age of seven, being able to penetrate through walls put up by even the most gifted. At twelve, I shouldn't be able to manipulate mind and matter effortlessly. Yet I do. 


Sora was Claimed half a year ago. The people who were supposed to be our parents were about to hand us over to Sinistrian officials, but I took my sister one night and ran. We needed to get to Riverdeen. It was closer than Forane, and one of the two kingdoms where the officials didn't take kids like us into custody, being ripped apart from our families just to unwillingly submit ourselves to experimentation. 


We've been hiding with this family for a few weeks, and will need to get moving once night falls. A few years ago, their son, who had been my age, had been stolen away from them. They were willing to shelter us in the extra storage space of their basement. It wasn't guaranteed to be safe, but it was better than being out in the open, especially with someone as young as Sora with me.


The footsteps subside and I relax, pulling Sora close and stroking her hair. "They're gone now. it's okay." I whispered, voice echoing in the small, cramped space behind one of the shelves. She was still frantic and terrified, eyes flitting around the darkness, finally landing on me. We couldn't see each other, but she curled up on my lap and pressed herself into me as I wrapped my arms around her, back against the wall, exhaling the breath that I had been holding. 


It was about an hour of complete silence before we heard footsteps again. These were lighter and softer- not the ones of armed guards and officials. They hurried down the stairs and came to a stop in front of us, and I could tell by the soft clicking sound that they were moving the shelf. 


The light of mid- afternoon spilled into our little space, and I shielded my before blinking. 


The woman knelt down to our level, pulling both Sora and I into a hug. I didn't resist it, melting into her before pulling away after a few moments. 


"You're so brave." she whispered to my little sister, managing to give a smile, tightly holding my sister's hand as Sora leaned into her, the woman stroking her hair just like I had done. "You too, Rynn." I nodded. I needed to be brave- it was for Sora. I couldn't let them find us. I couldn't let them find her.

Her body couldn't physically take what they would do if she was taken to one of the Sinistrian fortresses. She would be forced to push her powers to the limit, beyond what she was capable of. Mentally, it would break her.


The woman's name was Cassandra Pelles, but we just called her Cassa. Her dark hair was just starting to gray, eyes a beautiful shade of chocolate brown. I wished that we could stay with this family. Their only child was dead. And having us here, even in hiding, seemed to relieve them of their pain. I could tell by the way Cassa held Sora and whispered reassurances. She missed having someone- a child- to take care of. If we didn't have to leave for Riverdeen- if officials from three different kingdoms weren't after people like us- then Sora and I would have gladly stayed.

She picked Sora up, my sister burying her face in Cassa's shoulder. The faint smell of cinnamon calmed me as I crawled out of the space behind the shelf and stood. 


"Why're they after us?" I heard Sora ask as tears stained the soft gray fabric of Cassa's sweater. 


"I don't know." I whispered, taking my hair out of it's ponytail so that it fell into my face, blocking my peripheral vision. Having the dark curtain always helped. I don't know why. 


************


The rest of the day was quiet, as usual. We had to stay in the basement, most of the windows covered or blocked in some way that was made to look natural. Sora didn't say much, hanging on to either Cassa or me almost all the time. Cassa's husband was busy with work the entire day. We didn't see him much, but I knew from pictures and the brief times that I did see him that he was kind. He was the type of dad who always offered to help with assignments or host gatherings for family friends. That was just the kind of people the Pelles family were.


I walked over to the rocking chair Cassa was sitting in, knitting some kind of scarf with magic, controlling the needles so that they wove the thread in and out, creating a diamond pattern with the dark green string.


"Cassa?" I said, and she looked up at me with a strained smile, putting down her knitting. "We'll have to leave tonight." 

I didn't want to go. She didn't want us to leave, either. But we had to. She nodded, motioning me forward and pulling me into a hug, sighing.


"I know." she said softly. After a minute she let go. Tears were pricking her eyes, close to falling down her fair- skinned face. We were as close to having children again as she could be. And now, just like her son, we were leaving, never to come back. 


************


The sun had set a few hours ago. Under the cover of darkness, we could leave. "It's okay, Sora." I kept whispering to her, trying to stop the flow of tears. "It's okay." 


Cassa leaned forward, pulling us into one lat hug, placing a kiss on my forehead, doing the same for Sora. "Stay strong, okay?" she said, voice breaking. I nodded, pressing myself into her before pulling back, reaching up to touch the knitted scarf she had given me. I tugged down my navy blue sweatshirt and turned away, walking out into the night, carrying Sora's small, shaking body in my arms. I didn't look back. 


************


Soon enough, we crossed one of the forests, passing around neighborhoods and slowly but surely making our way towards the sea that bridged Sinistra and Riverdeen. If we could get on to one of the ships heading there, we would be safe. Sora would be safe. 

I quieted her as she started to ask for food, rummaging through my pockets and producing a small protein bar, kneeling down as I carefully opened the wrapper in an attempt to rest my legs. I broke off a piece and handed it to her, taking an even smaller portion for myself. Sora needed the food more than I did. 

We continued along, though we were slowed down a bit whenever she wanted to walk by herself. My arms did get tired from carrying her, so it relieved me, too. 


We must have walked around twenty miles that night. I was strong. I could handle it, carrying both myself and Sora.


Just as the sun began to rise, we came to the main part of Sinistra, in all it's magnificence with the glass buildings and palace on a cliff that overlooked the bay. It was truly beautiful. 


I tore my eyes away from the glimmering buildings back to Sora. She was shivering, holding on to me tightly. I sat down on the grass and looked at her carefully. "Sora? You okay?" I asked, voice taught. 


"Cold." she whispered, and I immediately took off my scarf, wrapping it loosely around her neck. Her sweater must not be warm enough. The seasons are changing again. Snow will start to fall in a month's time or so. 


"You want my sweatshirt?" I started to take it off, but she grabbed my arm and shook her head. 


"You need to stay warm, too."


I pulled her into a hug and told myself not to cry. She was four years old, and forced to run from the kingdom she had called home for the first years of her life. She was cold, but had said that I needed my jacket. She wasn't willing to let me feel the briskness of the morning to offer her the little comfort I could give. 


We continued down to the main city, trying to blend in with the few people who were out. I lifted my chin and didn't make eye contact, ignoring everyone just as most other Sinistrians did. No one batted an eye as we made our way towards the docks, ducking into shadows and giving compliments about people's weapons or displays of magic whenever was expected. Living in Sinistra, life was rougher than everywhere else in the five kingdoms. Forane was peaceful for the most part, known as the kind and quiet kingdom centered around growth and life, their element being earth. Riverdeen wasn't unlike Forane, but had an edge. The flowing water could quickly turn to ice. Alcator was known for it's beauty in particular, though their kingdom is never to be underestimated. Alderon was the center kingdom, and influenced by each of the other four. Sinistra was the most violent and war- pone. Almost every battle in history was started by Sinistra, or was because of something this kingdom had done. 


We were close to the dock. We had made it through the city, just as the sun was reaching it's zenith. We stopped as the guards for the ships came into view. They were armed, and had the same uniforms as the ones that did checks around houses for Claimed children. Sora's eyes widened, and I squeezed her hand. 


"It's okay." I whispered, trying to find a way around them. There were too many. Eventually, I ended up with an area occupied by only three officials. I walked forward, trying not to show my fear. 


"We're going to Riverdeen." I said, hoping that my voice said confident enough.


"Where are your parents?" one of them asked, raising a brow, glancing at the other two. 


"They have work. Important things, being on the Council and all. We're going to live with our aunt and uncle for a few weeks until they get back." I sighed and rolled my eyes as I said so, as if to secure everything as true. 


They glanced at each other. If our parents were on the Council, or at least if I said they were, the officials wouldn't argue. That's just how things were. 


"Names?"


I swallowed, reciting the names I had come up with in my head a final time. "Nara and Kairi Everglen."


They were about to let us through, but an official stopped us, blocking our path. He was tall and menacing, though young. Maybe in his late teen or early twenties. 


"They're lying." he said with narrowed eyes. "Show me your hand." I held out my right. "No, your left." I hesitated, and he grabbed Sora's arm, turning her hand over. A small, swirling rune appearing on the back of her hand, like when a drop of ink is spilled into water. "Claimed." 


He drew his weapon and I took a step back, Sora burying her face in my shoulder. No...they would force me to watch as they drew her blood, injecting all types of serums into her small body. They would force me to watch as they made her use magic until it drained her energy to the limit. They would force me to watch as she slowly died after spending years in one of the Sinistrian fortresses. Or she would watch me die, and be let free after they collected enough of her magic and blood. Either way, someone got hurt.


As the other two drew their weapons, Sora started to cry. I turned to run, but was blocked by two other officials. 


'These kids tried to sneak on to a ship to Riverdeen." The officials said to the other guards who had come over to investigate what the commotion was about. "The younger one's Claimed, and I bet the other girl is, too."


One of them fired a warning shot at the ground, and I jumped back, Sora letting out a scream. I tried to put a shield around us, or to try and manipulate the officials into letting us go. They stilled for a moment, eyes glazing over, staring to put their guns away. I broke into a run, screaming as I heard gunfire. I ducked behind a stack of crates to be shipped off to Riverdeen, putting my sister down. "Stay here." I said, wiping away one of her tears. "I love you, Sora." 


I stood, extending my hands and firing a beam of bright white energy towards one of the officials, feeling a rush of adrenaline as they dropped to the ground. It was short- lived, however, as one of the guards mirrored what I was doing. I managed to swerve to the left, crying out as I felt a hot, searing pain in my shoulder.


"We need them alive!" One of the officials shouted, though the firing didn't cease. 


"Rynn?" I heard a soft voice say, and I turned to look at Sora. She was breathing heavily, struggling to stay upright. I knelt down, lifting one hand to create a shield, and looked at her. She looked down at her sweater, a large patch now blossoming with red flowers. I choked on another scream. I tore away at the fabric. It was a bullet wound in her side. Sora coughed, blood spattering on to the ground. I gathered her in my arms, cradling her small, frail body. I tried to heal her, I did. But the wound was too deep. "I love you too, sissy." She gasped for breath as I tried and failed to stop the breathing. I tried until I started to see black spots dancing in my vision. "It's okay." she managed to whisper. "I'll get to see flowers."


"And play in the fields," I said softly, tears falling down into her flaxen, light brown hair. "and talk to the birds while they make you a crown of daises." 


She nodded weakly, eyes starting to close. I held on to her tighter, squeezing her hand until it fell out of mine.


I was still for a moment. Two. three. 


Then I let out a scream. A long, pain- filled scream, the sound reverberating through the dock, so loud that even the king and queen in the palace could hear it. Sora was dead. My little sister was dead. Sora, who had always wanted to play with animals in the meadow and talk to the nightlarks when we came across a flock of them.

All of the officials stopped. I slowly stood, tears falling down my face as I faced all three of them, extending my arm and grasping the fallen guard's gun as it flew into my hand. One of the official's stepped forward as I held it, pressing it against my curtain of dark hair. 


"You'll get a chance to live. You'll be able to help your kingdom." The woman said. 


"You never gave Sora a choice." I said, staring at her through blurred eyes. I looked down at my sister's body, then back at her. Her eyes were a deep, ocean blue. I wonder if she knew anyone like me. i wonder if she lost someone. 


I pressed down on the trigger. 


Now I would be able to see flowers, too. And play with my sister in the rolling fields of the First Realm, not worrying about anyone hunting for us.


Finally, I was loose from the chains that had bound us our entire lives. Just like Sora. 


I was free. 

December 05, 2020 01:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

259 comments

Maya -
20:35 Dec 05, 2020

I really enjoyed reading this! The characters and fictional world were well established. This kind of reminded me of times in history where people would have to flee their home to go somewhere where they wouldn't be captured. The way they stayed in people's houses along the way was a little like the Underground Railroad. Anyways, great job! :)

Reply

Mira Caplan
20:50 Dec 05, 2020

I used the Underground Railroad as inspiration for this story. I'm glad you noticed! Thanks for reading! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sapphire 🌼
20:45 Dec 14, 2020

It was a spectacular adventure to read this! Sora is such a pretty name! You are very creative for brewing up such an amazing fictional story in your head, and the writing was amazing and hooked me on till the end. It was sad (OH MY GOSH HOW COULD YOU KILL LITTLE SORA) but that's what made it great (Not Sora's death, your writing)! The end by the way - perfect :)

Reply

Mira Caplan
20:50 Dec 14, 2020

Thank you!!! Most of my stories take place in the same futuristic universe, except all of the non- fantasy ones. If you look in my bio, this takes place around 50 years before Alden. (I know, I'm cruel, lol) I'm so, so glad you liked it!!! :)

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
20:51 Dec 14, 2020

ooooooOOOOOOh "fUtUrIsTiC UnIvErSe" I'm curious....

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
20:52 Dec 14, 2020

oof the way I typed it was hard to read oh my how did I DO THAT

Reply

Mira Caplan
20:53 Dec 14, 2020

XD

Reply

Mira Caplan
20:55 Dec 14, 2020

It's futuristic in the sense that humans have explored other planets, etc. (Actually, not sure about that. It still needs editing...) This takes place on the other side of the universe, in the Altorian System, on a planet called Mykris in the kingdom of Sinistra, ruled by Trisandra Delren and Akaris Loire. :) Sorry, that was a lot of info..........

Reply

Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
13:28 Dec 11, 2020

I'm 40th on the leaderboard!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
21:05 Dec 14, 2020

Niiiiiiiiiice. I'm...uh....60-something th

Reply

. .
21:06 Dec 14, 2020

I know this was a while ago and I'm at 32 now yay!! I got you to 66-ish

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Patrick H
17:47 Dec 10, 2020

Interesting and moving. Nice job

Reply

Mira Caplan
17:59 Dec 10, 2020

Thanks for reading! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lilliane Wei
17:19 Dec 08, 2020

Really great story, Mira. I really enjoyed reading it. Although there were a few grammatical and punctuation errors that you might want to consider. Otherwise, I thought that you wrote a great piece of writing. I can't wait to see what else you write!

Reply

Mira Caplan
17:28 Dec 08, 2020

Thanks for pointing that out! I'll re-read it and fix all the errors I find. :)

Reply

Lilliane Wei
17:35 Dec 08, 2020

Of course, and thank you for reading all my stories! :D

Reply

Mira Caplan
17:45 Dec 08, 2020

np! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lilliane Wei
18:12 Dec 14, 2020

I thought I commented and liked this already? Ugh there must've been some glitch. So anyway, sorry about that. But I'm here now. I really liked this story, it was really descriptive and I was right there with the character throughout the entire story, great job!

Reply

Mira Caplan
18:18 Dec 14, 2020

It's fine! Reedsy glitches out all the time. Thank you so much for reading! :)

Reply

Lilliane Wei
18:58 Dec 14, 2020

Of course!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
16:05 Dec 08, 2020

MIRA NEW STORY!!!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
16:08 Dec 08, 2020

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY

Reply

. .
16:09 Dec 08, 2020

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYY

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
14:49 Dec 07, 2020

OMG YOU PUT MAMAMOO IN YOUR BIO!!!!!! THAT'S SO SWEET YOU A MOOMOO NOW!!!!! YOU SPELLED MAMAMOO WRONG THO!!!!!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
14:51 Dec 07, 2020

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG I HATE MY KEYBOARD. One sec...

Reply

Mira Caplan
14:51 Dec 07, 2020

Ok. Tis fixed

Reply

. .
14:52 Dec 07, 2020

Yay!!!!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
14:53 Dec 07, 2020

Yay!!!!!!! Ok. Solar's probably my fave, just saying

Reply

. .
14:54 Dec 07, 2020

That's ok, I like Moonbyul most but Solar's like infinitesmally less.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
14:51 Dec 07, 2020

YAY WE FELLOW MOOMOOSSS!!!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
14:52 Dec 07, 2020

YAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
22:39 Dec 06, 2020

Hey, I wanted to run an idea by you: Should I start to create a new language for some of my stories?

Reply

Mira Caplan
22:59 Dec 06, 2020

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
23:00 Dec 06, 2020

Like how in the Dragon Prince, the Dark Magic spells is the sentence/words backwards! (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU NEED TO CREATE YOUR OWN LANGUAGE ASAP. YES.))

Reply

. .
23:15 Dec 06, 2020

MIRA DID YOU KNOW ZILLA BABBITT INCLUDED YOUR NAME ONCE IN A REEDSY FANFIC STORY READ IT!!!! YOU'RE SO LUCKY!!!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
23:18 Dec 06, 2020

WHAT??????????????????? I AM OFF TO READ IT NOW

Reply

. .
23:19 Dec 06, 2020

IT SAYS THAT GIRL MIRA YOU SO LUCKY!!!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
23:05 Dec 06, 2020

Lol Yes I'll work on it!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

You introduce the lore of the story seamlessly.

Reply

Mira Caplan
15:02 Dec 06, 2020

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
17:41 Dec 05, 2020

Even im a Slytherin. I saw you liked almost all of my stories. I would love your feedback on some. I'm reviewing your story too.

Reply

Mira Caplan
17:53 Dec 05, 2020

I'll make sure to give some feedback when I can! :) Thanks for reading mine!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
20:19 Mar 14, 2021

hi Mira! I'm bored, so can we talk? '-'

Reply

Mira Caplan
20:32 Mar 14, 2021

sureeeeeeee!!! Hi!!!

Reply

20:33 Mar 14, 2021

How are you? I'm scribbling down my story in ma notebook, my handwriting when I write fast is nearly illegible XD

Reply

Mira Caplan
20:38 Mar 14, 2021

I'm great! you? LE GASP!!! Niceeeeeeee XDD Lol sameeeee!!! (I usually have really neat handwriting, but sometimes it's scary how messy it is...) I've been making the largest Pinterest board of TDR character, clothing, and Five-Kingdoms-related references. It's INSANE XD

Reply

20:39 Mar 14, 2021

I'm good :) There's not a blizzard outside (for once) XD Yeah me too, when I see my brothers messy handwriting: o-o WOWWWWWW XD how is the board going?

Reply

Mira Caplan
20:48 Mar 14, 2021

I LOVE BLIZZARDS!!!!!!!!! It's super sunny where I am right now... XDDDDDDD AMAHZINGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have Five different sections for clothing form each kingdom, and at LEAST five references for the main character, and two or three for the minor ones. I found this series of images (totally unrelated) that TOTALLY show Alaric and Everlys's relationship. (If you understand what the last one represents, it kinda gives away part of the plot... and imagine that orange flower pink with little white speckles!!!) In order: ...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
20:48 Mar 14, 2021

I LOVE BLIZZARDS!!!!!!!!! It's super sunny where I am right now... XDDDDDDD AMAHZINGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have Five different sections for clothing form each kingdom, and at LEAST five references for the main character, and two or three for the minor ones. I found this series of images (totally unrelated) that TOTALLY show Alaric and Everlys's relationship. (If you understand what the last one represents, it kinda gives away part of the plot... and imagine that orange flower pink with little white speckles!!!) In order: ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
20:38 Mar 14, 2021

I'm great! you? LE GASP!!! Niceeeeeeee XDD Lol sameeeee!!! (I usually have really neat handwriting, but sometimes it's scary how messy it is...) I've been making the largest Pinterest board of TDR character, clothing, and Five-Kingdoms-related references. It's INSANE XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Mira Caplan
20:32 Mar 14, 2021

sureeeeeeee!!! Hi!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
AntMan 🐜
23:56 Feb 22, 2021

I just reread your bio, and I realized that I was in most of the fandoms you're in! 🤩 Star Wars Star Trek Marvel Harry Potter Divergent Percy Jackson Hunger Games Warriors (partly) Wings of Fire Aru Shah Also, I love reading your stories! (I featured TDR on my bio! 💖🤩)

Reply

Mira Caplan
12:50 Feb 23, 2021

Yesssss, they are all amazing! OMG REALLY??? THANK YOU!!!!

Reply

AntMan 🐜
14:06 Feb 23, 2021

Yes! I love your stories! Keep writing! The suspense is almost killing me! 😂 If only I had something to distract me! Oh, wait..... I have homework to distract me....😅 I guess I should do that 😂

Reply

Mira Caplan
14:20 Feb 23, 2021

Aaaaaawwwww!!! Thanks! XDDD Same, lol. I probably won't post another TDR this week, but a different short story. None of the prompts really fit it well.

Reply

AntMan 🐜
14:41 Feb 23, 2021

That's OK! Tech and dragons probably don't go together that well 😁😂

Reply

Mira Caplan
14:49 Feb 23, 2021

Not really... I could have done something with Riva and Lien, but don't really feel like it...

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Shae Greyfeather
16:54 Jan 09, 2021

No. Sora, a four year old, was killed. Then I think her sister killed herself. Is there a part two? Where the older sister is alive?

Reply

Mira Caplan
19:24 Jan 09, 2021

Nope, they're both dead...sorry

Reply

Shae Greyfeather
14:33 Jan 10, 2021

😞

Reply

Mira Caplan
14:41 Jan 10, 2021

Yeah.......I shed a few tears while writing this.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mira Caplan
14:41 Jan 10, 2021

Yeah.......I shed a few tears while writing this.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
02:50 Dec 11, 2020

OMG THIS WAS SO SAD!!! I loved how Rynn did everything she could to protect her sister, and how determined she was! Great job!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
03:04 Dec 11, 2020

Thank you!!!! :)

Reply

Kate Reynolds
03:13 Dec 11, 2020

Welcome!! :D

Reply

Mira Caplan
03:39 Dec 11, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
12:59 Dec 10, 2020

MIRA I GOT 100 FOLLOWERS!!! SOMEHOW I HAVE MORE KARMA THAN YOU BUT YOU HAVE 2.25 AS MANY...

Reply

Mira Caplan
13:08 Dec 10, 2020

CUZ I UPVOTE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR COMMENTS!!!! Lol. That's amaxing, though!!!!!!

Reply

. .
13:09 Dec 10, 2020

Ha lol that's true. Thanks so much fo all of yo help! We were saying in school today what we look for in friends: What would you say?

Reply

Mira Caplan
13:27 Dec 10, 2020

Hm...I gotta say some kind of sense of humor, creativity of some sort, and a personality that matches well with mine. And also some interest in art, music, or writing so that we can help each other. I also like if they can pay attention for long lengths of time when I have to rant about something or someone, and genuinely care about my feelings and emotions. :) How about you?

Reply

. .
13:28 Dec 10, 2020

I would say someone that's unique and stands out, and maybe I'd say competence.

Reply

Mira Caplan
13:33 Dec 10, 2020

Yeah, same. XD I'd also say that it doesn't necessarily have to be someone who stands out, because they might be too shy to put themselves out there. I'd want to help them with that. I would definitely say competence, too.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
✰ Jennie ✰
14:40 Dec 07, 2020

I'm a little late to this... but AMAAZING!!! mira, so stupendously fantastic! Heartwrenching and i read this in school... btw, I'm jennifer, not some weird stalker who you don't know :p

Reply

Mira Caplan
14:42 Dec 07, 2020

I figured it was you!!! :) Thanks for reading!!!! (I always read and write during school, lol)

Reply

Mira Caplan
14:42 Dec 07, 2020

I tried to make it as sad as possible, and I think I did it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
16:52 Dec 07, 2020

POST YOUR STORY PLEASE!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
. .
17:33 Dec 06, 2020

I so sorry you look like you got downvoted I'm going to upvote you!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
17:37 Dec 06, 2020

GASP. WHAT??? Thank you!!!!!

Reply

. .
17:41 Dec 06, 2020

I KNOW IT'S A TRAVESTY!!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
17:51 Dec 06, 2020

Ikkkkk! (Btw, I literally upvote every single comment of yours whenever we have 100-comment long chats, so....yeah. De rien.))

Reply

. .
17:52 Dec 06, 2020

Lol Also Mamamoo performed and it was awesome at MAMA awards WATCH IT. Also two members of Everglow are recovering from Covid. Wah.

Reply

Mira Caplan
18:25 Dec 06, 2020

I WILL!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH which members????

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Great story! I love how much you packed into that 1-3k word range! :)

Reply

Mira Caplan
15:21 Dec 05, 2020

Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
01:30 Dec 05, 2020

Great Job!! I love the storyline, but make sure you keep a consistent tense and also eliminate some of the exposition, because there was a little too much. Great job, though, and an amazing idea!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
01:48 Dec 05, 2020

Got it! (Yeah, I decided to change up the tenses so there are probably still a few errors)

Reply

. .
13:38 Dec 05, 2020

Yeah!! Great storyline and intriguing characters!!

Reply

Mira Caplan
15:22 Dec 05, 2020

Thank you, thank you. Was it sad enough?

Reply

. .
15:56 Dec 05, 2020

Yeah!! Make it more descriptive and less telling if that makes sense?

Reply

Mira Caplan
15:59 Dec 05, 2020

Yep.. (I just don't know how, if that also makes sense.)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.