0 comments

Fiction Fantasy Mystery

The glowing blue light was disturbing my eyes. I tried hard to see further. but something was moving around me. I closed my eyes and open my eyes again. When I opened my eyes, there is a snake-like tail around me. It was huge enough to see the whole thing. Then, I heard a strong breath from my back. I turned around and meet the big blue eyes. I gasped and said, "It can't be true". And then, I woke up in the middle of the class. My teacher was standing in front of me and everyone look at me. I looked around and smile at the teacher. However, the teacher yelled at me and drag me out of the classroom. I was holding the doorknob and refused to get out of the classroom. At that time, I hear my mother's voice and fall from the bed. Mother shouts out loud “Leslie wake up now”. Leslie said, “I am up now mother”. And then, she kicked the blanket away and try to get up from the floor. When she stood up, she hear crack sound from her kneel and back. She said, “Ouch, it seem like break”. At that time, her mother appeared and said, “Hurry up, go wash your face”. She looked at the calendar on her table and said, “Today is Saturday mom”. Her mother said, “Did you forget what I tell you a week ago?”. She said, “What is it?”. Her mother face turned red like boiling pot and yell at her, “You have to go date today”. She said, “Me, why”. Her mother said, “Just go and meet nice guy”. She almost forgot that. However, this was her mother’s plan. She decided to solve everything her way. So, she went to the bathroom for washing her face and brush her teeth. And then, she put the makeup on and styled her hair, and choose the dress. But her mother put the dress on her bed already. She knew her mother always force her to do everything since she is at primary school. She wore the lacy feminine dress in baby pink color and get out. When she walked into the dining room, her mother look at her carefully and said, “What is that?”. She looked at her mother once again and said, “What?”. Her mother was pointing to her bag. She said, “It’s my bag”. Her mother said, “No, it is not matching with today's style so change your bag”. She said, “Mom”. Her mother said, “You are not 30 so listen to me”. She said, “Cut it out”. After fighting with her mother again, she took the white moon shape bag and head towards the cafe. The cafe was getting three blocks far from her house. Finally, she reached and look inside the cafe via the glass window. She took a few seconds to check the area and see the familiar face at the corner of the cafe beside the bamboo plants.

     “We need to grab her back to our world,” said Carson Grey. The people who stood in front of him said, “How do we know it was her?”. Carson Grey looked at them with his green sharp eyes by saying, “She has the dragon wing symbol on her right shoulder”. Among them, there had a guy with blue eyes. He was not saying anything back to master Carson. Therefore, Carson stood up from the chair and walk forward to him and use his hand to lift up the blue eyes guy’s chin. The group leader Baron said, “Go on, say yes to master”. The blue eyes guy opened his mouth slowly and said, “I will take this duty alone”. Carson said, “I can not trust you”. Then, the girl with yellow eyes said, “I will go there with him”. Carson said, “Mile, beware of her”. Mile said, “I will”. And then, they went to the human world by passing the magic portal. The world of dragons and humans was divided by the magic portal. Only the dragon and half-god could pass the portal. When they reached the human world, Mile give him the file. He opened the file and look at the photo and asked her, “What should I do with it?”. Mile said, “You should change yourself to this man”. He said, “Okay”. And then, he produced the blue smoke to hide himself during the transformation. Mile was changing herself into the old lady and he change into the handsome gent in a full suit. After that, they were heading to the place. Finding the place which has been written in the file is not hard. However, it was hard to get transportation to reach there.

Leslie was going into the cafe and walking towards there. When she got nearer to him, her heart is throbbing fast. Leslie tried to calm down and talk to him, “Are you, Mr. Jack Bradley?”. He put the coffee cup down and said, “Yes, I am”. And then, Leslie greets him back and introduced herself to him. A few hours later, he told her to go on a date tomorrow. Leslie said, “I have to go to my friend’s wedding tomorrow so I am sorry”. He said, “Is that No to me?”. Leslie said, “Of course not, we can date another day”. He said, “If you had time, call me”. Leslie was surprised to get an address card from him. He said, “Just call me Jack on your phone call”. Leslie was looking at him and smile. He smiled back at her. Then, they asked about each other again until they finish their meal. They separated their way back home after dating at the cafe. When she opened the door, her mother is standing there and asked, “What is happening?”. Leslie said, “I did it, mom”. Her mother said, “Did he handsome?”. Leslie said, “Yes, thank you mother”. That way was being the remarkable day of her life. Three days later, they went on date. Jack was taking the car along with him and taking her to the countryside. When they entered his house, she feel dizzy and lack of concentration.

       “Mile, will she be okay,” said Vlain. Mile said, “She looks fine”. And then, Leslie slowly opened her eyes. Leslie saw the dark tunnel covered with seaweeds and ferns. After that, she lifted her eyes up and look. This time, her eyes met the yellow eyes like wild animals. So, Leslie shouts out loud. At the same time, she heard a soft and strong voice. Thus, Leslie said, “Jack, where are you taking me to”. And then, they put her on the flat thing and they untie her hands and legs. Leslie could see the surroundings well. Leslie saw the guys wearing the long dark green robe and holding the stick. They looked like warlocks. So, Leslie asked, “Where am I?”. After she said that, the huge man with the green eye shape walking stick come up closer to her and remove the hood. Leslie saw his face clearly and try not to frighten him. And then, he said, “You are the one who can change me back to my true form”. Leslie said, “I am an ordinary human girl so how can I help you”. When she said that, he call someone else to take the book. Leslie could not move her eyes away from him until someone put the book in front of her. Leslie said, “Jack why are you doing this to me”. Jack was saying, “I am sorry Ms., my name is Vlain”. Then, that person with full of green acne on his face said, “Go back to your place”. Leslie said, “May I know your name?”. The person with green pop acne said, “My name is Carson and you need to make a magical potion for me”. Leslie said, “Why me?”. Carson said, “You are the pacific blue dragon girl so only you can make it happen”. Leslie said, “What?”. Carson said, “Haven’t you noticed your symbol on your right shoulder?”. Leslie was touching her shoulder and said, “Is that a pacific dragon?”. Carson said, “The blue moon will rise up today so hurry up”. After having a conversation, Carson’s guards take her to the other cave with a cauldron. At the left of the room, there had a table full of magical herbs. Leslie saw a place like this more than a hundred times in her dream. So, Leslie told them, “Go out and leave me alone”. After they left, she recalled her memory and start collecting the ingredients by reading the book. Inside the book, there had no full description. However, she thought she can do it.

A few seconds later, the blue moonlight shined up above the cauldron and the potion is done. At that time, Leslie hoped the potion might work on him. The guards were carrying the potion bottle to their master. The other guards were taking her out of the cave. Inside the forest under the blue moonlight, master Carson was taking the potion bottle and drinking it up. Everyone looked at him without breathing. Unconditionally, the dark clouds were covering up the blue moon, and the leftover in the bottle turn black. Then, Carson’s face was turning red, purple, and violet. Leslie tried to run away from them. While they watched him, Carson’s body turn bigger and bigger. Finally, it exploded and everyone’s face covers up with green smelly things. Leslie was covering her face with her hands and then she remove her hands to look surroundings. At that time, someone was grabbing her hand and started running. It was so sudden. When she arrived back home, she see his face clearly under the moonlight. He was saving her but why. Leslie said, “you take me to them and now you send me back”. Leslie looked at his blue eyes and said, “Tell me why”. He smiled and said, “I am free now”. Leslie said, “I don’t understand”. He told her, “You are using dragon magic potion to destroy the evil dragon”. He said, “My name is Vlain and I am a pacific blue dragon but he lock me up with dark magic over those years”. Leslie said, “I can not understand still”. He said, “we meet each other in a dream before right”. Leslie said, “Why can’t I see you clearly in a dream?”. He said, “Our fate is already written and now it’s time to meet each other”. Leslie said, “What am I to you?”. He said, “You are my bride”. Leslie’s cheeks were turning red and she feel hot. He said, “I will come to see you again after I solve everything”. And then, he disappeared and she stand alone in front of her house. Leslie said, “Am I dreaming again?”. But she knew it is not a dream. 

December 10, 2022 08:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.