Halloween at the Weasleys

Submitted into Contest #65 in response to: Write about a group of witches meeting up on Halloween night.... view prompt

5 comments

Fiction Friendship Holiday

Tis is crazy, why is it zat we cannot use the magic.


We lost the game Fleur, remember ?


Fleur and Angelina exchanged an exhausted looks. Meanwhile someone just apparated near the burrow.


Oh! It's Hermione. How was your day?, asked Ginny relived that she doesn't need to be part of the whole tension between Fleur and Angelina.


Never better! Hermione was very enthusiastic. It has been a crazy year with the dementors outbreaks but spending Halloween with Weasleys has been very palliative. Kingsley had banned the use of dementors for guarding the Azkaban and for years have been trying to find ways to terminate them, at present they have been kept on an isolated island with strong patronus charms incarcerating them.


Hermione has been named the first muggle born Minister of the wizarding world. She was known for her works towards house-elf liberation, though she had troubles while getting the consent from the pure blood. But after the war and her role in defeating the dark role. She and harry are now incharge of the committee in bringing them back to the island. It seems one of the migrant junior employee of the ministry named Vartz had come up with a plan to weaken them to mortal state.


What do we have here?, She asked noticing the abraded rods Fleur and Angelina was holding against each other.


Nothing much. We have been just hitting ourselves with these, wanna join Hermione?, Angelina has got the skeptic criticism of George. She has been trying to make him feel better using it.


Eh... , Hermione was confused and was finding words to express herself.


Oh Hermione come in we have just been confused what do we do with these. Angelina responded to her confused reaction while Fleur laughed it out.


Oh you reached home. Welcome home dear. How did it go?, Molly has just entered the living room after changing the curtains. She was wearing a beautiful emerald green robe with a mismatching necklace Harry had gifted her after the war. It was a long chain with a pendant of Fred's face from the broken piece of her infamous clock.


It has been great Mom. Let's scare the boys shall we ? Though Ron would only need some spiders for it.


It has been years since the war but every now and then they would see Molly crying in silence, they would try to console her but she would avoid the topic every time.


That's great dear now before the children and the boys get back home we must finish this. Hermione could you make the that white fluffy ghosts muggles make and hang them to the ceiling the ropes are on the table. Fleur and Angelina, dears if u are done with those rods place them near the doors please Ginny help me with the webs will you. After the instructions from Molly they got back to their preparation. They spend the whole week taking classes and lectures from Harry and Hermione about Muggle Halloween decorations that now they have a doctorate on Muggle festival and declarations.


It was around 11 when they completed the decorations and Fleur and Molly Weasley prepared their special feasts for the dinner. They had brought the kids from the Hogwarts that year due to all the craziness that has been going around in 2020.


There were many banging noises of people apparating to the burrow, Harry apparated with Luna and Ron with Hugo and James with Rose, George with Roxanne, Arthur with Fred, followed by Lucy and Molly. After a long gap Ted and Victoire apparated.


Ah! Love birds, reminds me of good old days doesn't it mate. Ron asked Harry who gave him an embarrassing reaction and reminded him that they are engaged now. While Victoire and Ted kissed each other, Victoire and Ted had just returned from three broomstick. They have been searching for a perfect wedding caterers refusing the family members for preparation since they want them to just enjoy the wedding.


Where are uncle Bill and George ? Demanded little Luna while giggling at Ron's comment.


Oh! George will be here in any minutes he got an urgent customer, a last moment call. Bill is assisting him, it's a goblin from the gringotts.


With another bang Percy and Audrey Weasley apparated near them from the ministry.


Hello guys happy Halloween. Percy wished the others.


Happy Halloween Percy, replied everyone in unison.


Uff! Very difficult transporting through apparation now a days uh, Ron jokingly at Percy. Percy has been appointed as the minister of teleportation department.


They laughed and decided to enter the now spooky burrow for Halloween. Arthur was very excited to see the house decorated with the muggle artifacts and without magic. They were welcomed by the costumed girls. Hermione was dressed up as Michelle Obama, former Muggle first lady which the Weasleys never understood. Molly was impersonating Professor McGonagall, Fleur as a princess whose name was unknown, Ron was dressed as a muggle clown. Arthur as a Muggle King and Percy and Audrey were wearing matching costume of Mr and Mr. Stock market agents. Luna was a butterfly and Hugo was wearing batman costume Hermione has picked up for him. Rose had wore a pretty pink glown, she was Hermione from the Yule ball. Victoire and Ted too was wearing robes as they were shopping. While Harry was dressed up as Harry potter the boy who lived.


Ron got scared the moment he entered house, seeing the spider webs and kept asking Harry if he could see any spiders and bribed James to use magic and hide any spiders if he sees any. James has just turned 17. Ginny's room was decorated into Muggle Dracula chambers, Ron's room was the Aragon lair, fed and George's room was decorated in a mixture of astronomy and quidditch theme gone crazy. Bill's were decorated into what seem like a wild tropical theme with flowers. Every stairs were decorated matching the room theme next to it.


The spooky tour completed and to Ron's much relief James and harry had hid all the spiders they had found. Charlie send his patronus wishing Halloween and apologising for his absence. George and Bill joined them when James hid the first spider and teased Ron for the rest of the tour.


Can we eat something now? I am hungry. Ron said in the middle of listening to Charlie's message. They were having soups while he asked Harry about why he let Albus spend the holiday with the Malfoys, but he was shut down by the Hermione's looks.


I am not saying anything, Ron defendant himself. Just tell him not to get their silky annoying blond hair, he advised Harry.


Ron! Hermione called his name again clearly annoyed by his hatred toward Draco.


Okay! okay! The soup is very tasty did you make it. Ron tried to flirt his way out while Molly called out from the other side of the table that it was her special soups. And they heard three wooshing sound Draco had just arrived at the burrow gate with his son and Albus on the latest Nimbus 2019 model. He had gifted Albus a broomstick since he was the first to accept and befriend Scorpius.


Speak of the devil. We need a no death eaters board. Ron was annoyed at their entry. Ron! For Merlin's sake Shut up, Hermione shut him.


Oh! Albus, how sweet of you. Welcome home dear just in time for dinner join us. Molly called for them merrily and harry conjured an extra chairs and table at the corner. Ron hated this, Draco hesitate and insisted on going back saying he only came to drop the kids. Molly asked him join them again and he agreed.


They had a merry Halloween and lovely chat before going bed. Luna, James and Fred Jr. helped their mother clear the table while other were having their desserts. Draco waited until the last moment when he requested to have s private talk with Molly, he seeked her forgiveness for everything his family had done and for Fred. When the kids were asked to play in Ron room, Draco brought the topic again, he had expected to seek forgiveness from everyone. But he was shut down by Ron after which he called for Scorpius and left the burrow disheartened and angry. Harry send him a message right after he had left. Hermione had long forgiven him when she rejoined Hogwarts to complete her studies, he visited her in secret during his trial for his crimes as a death eater, he apologized to her and before leaving she found him weeping near the path to the room of requirement.

October 28, 2020 17:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Loved your story!

Reply

Mrudula Mohan
06:35 Nov 05, 2020

Thank you 😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ari Berri
21:03 Dec 09, 2020

Awesome story! Nice use of the prompt.

Reply

Mrudula Mohan
17:18 Dec 10, 2020

Thank you 😊

Reply

Ari Berri
17:19 Dec 10, 2020

No problem.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.