0 comments

Crime Horror Suspense

I held my breath, I heard the sound of hair being chopped off and smelled the stinky perfume in the building.

“Hello, may I help you?” a worker said to me surprisingly enthusiastic.

“Yes, I made an appointment here for a haircut,” I said sounding dead and emotionless as I talked.

“Oh ok, Name?” The worker said sounding a bit disappointed by my emotionless approach.

“Alexandra,” I said in the same emotionless way.

“Ahhh yes, come right here,” The worker said back in her enthusiastic way again. Her enthusiasm was suffocating and annoying. “What style are you gonna choose for today?”

“I want the popular teen guy look,” I said. She looked at me like I was crazy.

“A guy look? How about cut it down to the bottom of your breast with curls and some highlights?!” The worker said which annoyed me even more.

“I told you I want the popular teen guy look! Do you not understand me when I say stuff? I guess I need to speak to your manager…!”

As I predicted she did look extremely worried as soon as I threatened to complain to her manager.

“No, you don’t need to do that… I guess we’re going with the popular teen guy look then…” She smiled a bit but it looked more of a worried smile than a genuine smile. Now that amused me!

As I asked, she cut my hair in the popular teen guy look. I guess that’s the end of Alexandra, the cute popular girl who is a sucker for guys and listens to all the rules given.

I left the shop without paying, with a clean smirk on my face. I changed my outfit into baggy oversized pants and an oversized shirt. I put a bandage around my body till my breast looks nothing but a normal guy's chest.

I look in the mirror admiring the new me, “I am no longer Alexandra, She seizes to exist. I am now Alex!” 

I found an apartment, slid my sunglasses over my eyes, loaded my gun, and shot every last person in that apartment, till everyone was dead lying in their own blood.

I grabbed the father's wallet, and the mom's wallet as well.

Well, my apartment now! These people should’ve been smarter than to live here... Oh well, their loss. 

I’m ready for the hunt! I loaded my gun, walked onto the street, and shot every person that I could see, even from the corner of my eyes. The once busy street was now dead silent. I walk through the middle of the blood from the random people who had died. Oh well! Their loss for being there!

“Excuse me, young man? I am very poor and can’t afford any food to live on! Can you please give me some money?” The poor old woman croaked which sounded too needy for my taste. 

“Has your whole life been tough?” I asked. It’s a trick question for the annoying beggers like this one. My gun was already loaded and ready.

“Oh yes, my life is miserable. could you please donate money to make my life a bit better?” The woman asked again like she expected I’d give her my precious money. 

I brought out my gun and killed the woman before she could react to seeing the gun. I did her a favor. I ended her long miserable life. Now, that's the best donation anyone could give a miserable begger.

I met some buddies at the other side of town, they were teen boys. If I were Alexandra I would’ve fallen for them.

“AYY ANOTHER DUDE’S JOINING THE PARTY!” one of the guys said, pointing at me.

“Thanks, I have to show y’all something if you wanna be my new buddies,” I say in my deep-dead voice.

A bunch of the guys jumped up at my offer. I used their noise of jumping up and the background noise of the bar to load my gun. I took them to a private place on the roof.

“Okay, what is it that you wanna show us to gain our trust buddy?” The shortest guy asked.

“For one, don’t call me that. Second, call me Alex, Third….” I paused in my sentence. I pulled my gun from my pants and shot almost everyone in the chest twice. I killed everyone but the cute freckled boy with brown shaggy hair, a tight shirt, and sweat pants.

“You’re gonna be my buddy...If you try to escape me you will die.” The guy flinched at the word die, then looked around at all the other teen guys that were laying in their bloodbath.

“What’s your name?” I asked smirking.

“....Liam….” Liam said still shaky from the other guys I killed.

I put my gun in my pants, easy to get when killing, and a nice way to hide it. Liam seemed to be less tense when the gun was out of sight, but he was very well aware I had it and could grab it at any moment.

I showed Liam my apartment. I hid the bodies, but the blood was stained right on the wood, hard to miss. 

“Here’s the plan, when the police go for me you’re gonna be my dummy,” I say grinning at the word dummy.

“THE POLICE IS GOING FOR YOU?!!!!” Liam almost screamed. It was obvious he didn’t want to go to jail for crimes he hasn’t done.

“No... but in case they do. I chose you because you look very similar to me.” I said, this time sounding emotionless without a single muscle in my body tensing.

“No, I won’t do it!” Liam said sounding sure of himself.

“If you don’t I guess I have to kill you right here right now,” I say almost laughing like an evil maniac.

“Fine… I’ll do it for my life, but you’re truly evil Alex.”

I don’t care if I’m known as evil or not. I see myself as free from what the world was going to make me. I don’t have any rules to follow and even if I did, I have the freedom to ignore them.

As I predicted the police were looking for me a few weeks after my mass killings with Liam. I see that he’s starting to enjoy the thought of having freedom from his life. I gave him a knife to stab people to their death. 

WEEEOOOOOO WEEEEEOOOO

The police were on our tails so I had to say bye-bye to Liam as I shove him out of my hiding place. He grabbed his knife out and hurled himself into it. If he was just gonna kill himself anyways I guess I got lucky.

“This is the murderer?!” A police officer said sounding shocked that my dummy killed himself in front of them.

“Yes, I’m pretty sure,” The second police officer said sounding just as shocked as the first.

“Well, I guess our hunt is over. Thank god! We were looking for this bastard for weeks!”

The first officer said. 

HA, they’re so dumb. They shouldn’t have the title ‘police’ if they can’t tell the real killer from the killer’s dummy.

I got back to my apartment, I look in the mirror, I don’t see a fake teen boy pretending to be evil. I see a grown man, I see a killer in the mirror, and the killer is me

BANG BANG BANG

My apartment was found by the police… I guess they aren’t as dumb as I thought. They slam the door down with their strong feet.

“Get down!” They said they were the same two officers with three others as backup. I was clearly hopeless but I still tried to escape. I ran through the door, I felt strong hands holding me back, then it went black.

I woke up groggy and in a cell. Cold gray bars. I wasn’t dressed in what I was before. I was dressed in a tight shirt, the bandage was no longer around my body. My hair was put into a little ponytail. 

“We would’ve never known that you were a girl,” one of the officers said as soon as they noticed that I was conscious.

“I’m just a girl, I was dressed as a guy to be free… my family died in that apartment…” I said, innocently. I don’t know who I am now, but being Alex has changed me, I can’t tell them I’m any name with Alex in it, that would be too suspicious.

“Hmm...okay. What’s your name and your fake guy name?” The officer asked. I saw this coming and that’s why I prepared before I got caught.

“I’m Koliara Garson,” I said. I made up a hard name so it would be even less suspicious if I had a plain name that people use last minute, they would be sure that I’m that murderer they’re looking for. “My fake guy's name is Liam Forgamingo.”

“Very well Koliara. I guess we found the wrong house again…” The officer said sighing. “We’re never gonna find this murderer.”

That officer is clearly lying to himself because he did find Alex, but as soon as he did, I became Koliara Garson. I am no longer Alexandra or Alex. I never thought I would be three different people.

“Koliara, I think you might have a problem with emotions. I know I’m just bringing this up, but it seems like the murderer, Alex also has the same problem. I don’t want you to end up the same way as this Alex boy. I called an ambulance to take you to the hospital to be treated.” the officer said empathetically. He didn’t want to see me again for the same reason Alex got caught.

I was put into the ambulance and I was brought to the hospital. They got me in a room and tested me.

“Koliara, you have an emotional problem and it causes you to have no empathy for others. This problem could be deadly to others who are around you, we don’t want it to go that far though,” the doctor said professional.

They started the treatment for me to make sure that I don’t become Alex once again. In fact, this entry is my treatment. I’m getting better each day and maybe someday Alexandra will come back from the dead, and it’ll only seem like she got a nice haircut. Until then I’m still Koliara.

August 08, 2021 17:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.