1 comment

Adventure Bedtime Creative Nonfiction


Alarm ring around 7:00 am.

I woke up and brushed my teeth and took bath. I came out from bathroom and started to dress up. I wore my favourite salwar and went out of the room to take up my breakfast.

When I stepped out I found a new girl named Shyama from Kerala. I gave a smile and introduced myself with that Malayala kutty.

I am Advika, a twenty years old girl from Tamil Nadu. I am pursuing my graduation in Arts in Christ College Bangalore. I am studying in the Central Campus on the Hosur Road. I stayed as a PG(paying guest) in Grand Paradise near the forum mall in Hosur Main Road. 

My native is Salem and came to Bangalore leaving my Parents. I aspired to study Designing Course. But unfortunately my family was not in a state to afford to write NID Exam. I became frustrated then I said to my parents that I will pursue my higher education in Banglore. They made my wish and I joined in Christ College. 

I usually go to college in two wheeler with my friend Aishu. I left the scooty for monthly service in TVS. So that day I have to catch a bus to go College.

That day I was late and decided to attend the afternoon sessions. I got ready and left the place around 10.45 am. I came out of PG and locked the gate and start to walk in the road. As it is about 3-4 minutes of walk to reach the stop. 

When I started to walk I could see a children gang in some distance. As it is half yearly holidays the school going children always roam in the streets with their friends. I was really curious to know about the purpose of their gathering. I was moving towards them with a smile. 

Actually balloon walla was the centred and children surrounded and were pestering to give them colourful balloons of their choice. I noticed A little girl asking her father to buy her a Magic Wand. I was surprised to see that girl and she made me to recollect my childhood memories. In my childhood days I asked my Parents to buy me a Magic Wand in an exhibition. I was around nine years old. They bought me that magic wand. It is a long, thin rod that magicians and fairies wave when they perform tricks and magic. After I got that wand I thought myself as a Good fairy of my own world.

Oops... I have to catch my bus. I rushed towards the stop and waiting for the bus. In that meantime I was thinking about my Mom and Dad. The bus has arrived and I got into the bus. I sat behind the driver’s seat. I took my mobile and ping to my Amma. As usual she didn’t pick up my call. As she is the Principal of a school, she has to take up the responsibility for 400 students. So, I thought to call my Appa but he will also be busy in his business schedule. 

I resume my thinking about my golden childhood days. When I start to think about it the conductor comes to collect money for the ticket. I gave him 15 rupees and got remaining one rupee and put that in my bag. I was literally blank. The stop arrived and I got down. 

Went to my department corridor and waited for the classes to get over. Classes got over and my best friend Ankitha came out and asked about the reason for my absence. I told about the scooty service and she asked how I came to college. Then I told her about the child asking magic wand and the bus travel. She gave her ears to know about the happening of my morning session. Then we both had our lunch and interacted for sometime. But my mind was completely thinking about the magic wand. Then afternoon session started and it was as usual boring but I was thinking about the child and wand.

Classes got over by 3 pm and Ankitha told she will drop me in PG. Then we both spent our leisure time with PG owner akka. Ankitha left by 3.50 pm and I went to my room. I was tired and changed my dress then went to bed. 

As my mobile charge was very low. I put charge for my mobile and kept aside, closed my eyes to take a nap. I was into a deep sleep. My parents had bought me a magic Wand in my childhood. I treated the wand as a living being. That wand grows with me accordingly from the age nine. 

When the wand was new to me, it created a cute and small world for me. As I am only child, I was alone and nobody was there to play with me. That time magic wand made me to feel free and does some magic. As years passes the wand was like my co sister. Whatever I wish to do wand will make them accomplished. 

As of now I am twenty I wished to have my childhood days back to be happy. This time wand make the wish to be true. I asked wand to take me 10 years back but wand took me forward. I went to my future.... 

I landed into a home filled with things of my own choice. But I really don’t know and thought its someone else’s home. I entered the house saw a beautiful false ceiling with blue colour lights. I turned to my left and saw huge picture of Vinayaga. I made a small prayer and turned to my right and sensed it to be a bed room. Exactly it is a master bed room with closed cupboards and the bed had Panda toys. I wondered to see everything in the house of my choice.

 I adopted myself to that home and changed my character. I was looking like a calm and beloved woman with more patience. 

Then when I turned to my right again, I found my own face in a huge photo frame with a handsome guy. I was stunned to see my own face in the frame when I was about to touch heard some voice. I took my wand and came back to my place. Again I heard the same voice, I rubbed and opened my eyes and found it was a dream. 

I unplugged the charger wire of my mobile. I found my amma has pinged me more than two times. When I was about to call her back. She pings me for the third time, I attended the call. She asked me to come home for a pleasant function of my relatives.

 I packed my things and said to Owner Akka. I boarded bus to Salem. In that travelling time, I was thinking about the dream and heard songs of Rahaman. I reached Salem and my Appa came to pick me. 

We both went home my mom said a groom in my relative side is willing to marry me while serving dinner to us. I started to argue that I don’t want myself to be in a boy’s hand in this age. 

My Mom said, he will be a good match for my life.

 I said to her if I don’t like him, I would reject him. My Parents accepted my point and they stood for my choice. 

Next day I got up ready to face the partner of my life. I was asked to wear Saree to look traditionally. I got ready by 9.00 am. The Groom and his family came home. They was asked to take up their seats in sofa comfortably by Appa.

 I can’t see the Groom properly, after sometime they called me out from room. I went out and saw the Groom and was shocked because he was not the one I saw in the dream. I thought the groom will be the one, I saw in my dream.

 I was not happy and thinking about my dream. I got a chance to talk with him privately. He is Siddharth a Software engineer in Infosys Bangalore and earns 70K per month. First we both had a general conversation. 

Then he started to tell about himself and about his Nature. He told me that, he has met with an accident year back and undergone a major surgery in his face. He has undergone a face transplant surgery and lost his original face...I can’t believe the words said by him. But he has shown me the picture of his face before the surgery.

 That face has given me a great shock. It is a face which I saw in the frame in my dream....I was happy and start to talk casually to Siddhu.

 I told him that, everyone aspire to get a calm better half but I am not of that type. I will make myself happy with what I really have. Then I told him about the dream I had. He was shocked to hear the dream. 

I said that, every girl aspire to have a guy of her choice. But it sometimes end up differently. Even that same thing happen to a Man also. 

According to me, a Man who accepts me with my own attitude and character will be my Man. The Woman and Man sacrifices their own wishes for their better half and Society. Each and everyone lives two lives, that is for outside world and other for inner world. 

When a Man or Woman accepts their better half as the way they are the life becomes easy and relationship will be an everlasting one. As I completed, he accepts my dream and words Genuinely and gave a smile in return. 

My Parents asked for my decision and I accepted him. I changed my arrogant behaviour, doing arguments for silly things to maintain a good relationship. Many say dreams come true. I would say YES, because my dream has come true. That one dream has changed my entire life positively. We both started our lives happily with a promise of togetherness.



October 07, 2020 04:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Rashid Hamza
05:57 Oct 15, 2020

Dear Sindu, The story you have written is a good one but does not do justice to the prompt which says write about about a character who’s had their future foretold from birth — but isn’t sure if they believe it. Also you need to check your grammar before submitting the story. Wish you Better Writing in the future! With regards, Rashid Hamza

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.