0 comments

General

There was a small town surrounded by snow clad mountains. There use to live one small farmer with his wife and two children. His house was on the banks of the river Garni. Although he was a poor farmer but than even life was happy. As of many in his country. He and his wife use to work whole of the day in the fields and at night they join their kids. But unfortunately his agriculture was monsoon department. If monsoon were rich in a season he would have plenty of grains and if somehow monsoon fails, the situation for him and his family will become very complicated. Even they may not get a two square meals a day. As the kids were growing he had an additional strain on his resources.

It was month of Oct he had to make his fields ready for sowing of wheat. At the same time school kids was demanding fees of last quarter of the academic session, otherwise they won't be allowed to sit in the exams. So he was worried man but to do. First he thought I must sell part of my land and have sufficient money to provide fees to kids school and also to cultivate rest of the part of the land. But first I must discuss with my wife Decky. The farmer Hex thought and thought again and again, ultimately came home and told his wife to prepare tea and we will have tea together. Hex ensured first by looking around in the house that kids must not be listening. After few minutes Decky came with two cups of tea and Hex shown affection towards her and invited her to sit along with him. Decky was little suspicious on seeing unwanted love from her husband Hex. But decided to have cup of tea with him. Decky saw Hex is taking one sip after another of tea and looked tense. But not uttering a word. After waiting few seconds Decky decided to break the silence and took her husband's name little bit loudly. She siad, Hex you seem to be upset. Hex little hesitant and said, no no. But Decky was noticing, Hex's unusual behaviour and insisted, he was hiding something from her. Than Hex told her that next sowing season has arrived, kids fees of the last quarter of the academic session is due, festive season is fast approaching but he don't have single penny in the pocket. How life will run. If I decide to sell a piece of land to make money, how we will wear expenses rest of our lives. I had one thought that I take loan from money lender for shorter duration. But his interest is so high I won't be able to pay rest of my life. Ultimately he will eat up my whole of land and I will be left with nothing. Again than one of my farmer friend Lov suggested take loan from the bank because terms and conditions their are much better. But my mind days if crops failed how I will give the installments of the bank loan. Actually Decky it's very tragic to be farmer in today's times. If you do than you land up in trouble if you don't than surly you are in. On seeing Hex condition Decky started applying her mind for where to get resources to get out of this trouble. After a long pause Decky suggested Hex why don't I sell my jewellery and provide you money to till the land and for fees of the kids. But Hex was not willing. He thought that you never know when emergency will fall in the family,if you sell jewellery so early in life how will you survive then. So Hex declined the proposal of Decky. Ultimately he zeroed in on taking loan from the bank. Being semi litterate he was hesitant to go to the bank and talk to the concerned official.

But Decky suggested take the help of your friend Lov who seems quite an influential person. Than Hex went to Lov's house and discussed the matter with him. Fortunately Lov was already planning to take loan for himself as well. So Lov told Hex that no problem we both will go to the bank and apply for a loan. Next day Both friends Hex and Lov left for a bank. On reaching their first they went to reception, a very charming lady sitting their asked, how can I help you sir. The Lov being smarter and well to do, immediately replied that I want to have loan from bank, so please guide me. The receptionist directed him to meet the loan officer of the bank and send them to his cabin. The loan officer seeing Lov and Hex told them to please come in, and made them comfortable by providing them chair. To make cool he provided them glass of water as well. After few minutes asked both Lov and Hex what can I do for you. Than Lov told him that we both are farmers we want to get loan from a bank but without any delay. Because sowing season has almost begin, if bank will delay the loan, we won't be able to cultivate the land. The loan officer than suggested them that our bank provides special loan to farmers on easy terms. The Lov immediately asked, what do you mean by easy terms can you elaborate. Than loan officer told both of them that bank provides loan to farmers to do farming on 0% interest. You can return it in installments in 5-6yrs. Both felt relieved on hearing this. The Hex was more relaxed as he was in a fix because of not having single penny in the pocket. But he said that bank will supervise it,whether loan is spend properly or not. Both the farmers were issued cheques of the loan money. Than both got these cheques encashed and transferred the money in their accounts. Both left for home happily. As Hex reached home, seeing smile on his face Decky got relieved that something favourable has happened.

Than Hex narrated whole incident to Decky, she immediately thanked almighty for this and also thanked Hex's friend Lov. The Hex immediately rushed to the market purchased seeds, fertilizers etc. and decided to cultivate land immediately. So that situation may not aggravate further. Both Decky and Hex and two kids together cultivated land and sown the seeds and prayed almighty again to send healthy monsoon.

Unfortunately this season monsoon failed. Now Hex was again in trouble. From where to get money to pay installments. Actually he felt that by borrowing money he has entered vicious circle. Than he again went to his influential farmer friend Lov and narrated the story of his and other fellow farmers, to what to do. Than it was decided to talk to local politician to get us relief from draught like conditions. The local politician assured them that he will take up the their issue with the Govt. But it will take time. On the other hand condition of Hex was getting worst and worst day by day. The situation become so worst that both Decky and Hex had remove their children from school. Even he was finding hard to get food for whole of the family. He again started remaining worried. He became so tense that started quarreling with his wife and kids on petty issues. The bank also started sending him notices after notices to pay their installments. His life became hellish. His wife seeing situation not improving and no chances of that as well, left him.She took her kids and went to somewhere else. He was left alone. And than his all friends also left him. The people start teasing him. Ultimately he become mentally reck. Now he felt that he can not take anymore. One day at night he drank whole bottle of pesticide lying at home. The people found him dead in the morning. This news spread like wildfire in the whole of the town. Everyone mourn his death. Even local politicians can on his funeral but unfortunately his loan still stands.



October 19, 2019 02:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.