0 comments

Fiction Drama American

It was midnight when Lucinda was woken and dragged to meet with whoever was in charge. She sat confined in a chair, arms crossed , hands balled into fists, blood coursing through her veins like lava, her mind confused and fixated. 

With the most venomous tone she spit out..."Climate control my ass, I demand that window be opened. I did nothing to warrant this cruelty since you have stifled my life I think I deserve to breathe in fresh air, smell the grass, hear the birds and those you deemed fit to live free. Where am I, what the hell is going on here!?"

A short month prior Lucinda was woken by Mike leaning over her reaching to shut the alarm on his cell phone. His beard brushed across her breast sending a chill through her, she wrapped her arms around his neck and rolled onto straddling him. Enjoying a half hour of marital pleasure she now how to rush and wake the two children still living at home. Mike went to the kitchen to start the coffee. Lucinda opened all the shades, curtains and windows drawing in the crisp April air. As she poured her and Mike's coffee she thought for a moment to prank him with an April fools. Then she remembered his personality would not find the humor in a prank pulled on him. He was famous for pranking others but never directed towards Lucinda. 

They made plans to meet up in the park after work for a snuggly stroll to kick start shedding the few winter pounds each put on. Deciding on a light dinner relaxing on the couch and binge watch the series everyone had been talking about. Lucinda walked Mike to his work truck, as she was headed towards her car checking the time on her cell she banged her head on a steal beam in the bed of his truck knocking her off her feet. When she came too , she was embarrassed and knew she was running late. There was nothing but traffic in route to her office, a tiny voice in her head compelled her to turn off and take a route she never has. 

Nothing about the block she turned down looked familiar. She wondered how it could be , especially since she lived in the same town her entire life. "Well ya just never know do ya?" she said out loud to herself. The road seemed longer than it ought to be, 10 minutes or so driving with no end in sight she pulled over a moment. "ok, Lucy your fine, its fine, you are not google maps you don't know every street" again saying out loud.

Lucinda make a k turn and headed the direction in which she came. Nothing looked as it did just moments before Feeling more confused and lost she pulled over again. She flopped her head down into he steering wheel, which caused a vertigo response making her feel as though the earth was spinning out of control under her. Trying to shake it off she rubbed her eyes rough and ran her hands through her hair as if to wash it out of her. She felt a large tender swell where she banged her head, she expected to see blood on her hands. She feared she may have serious injury and reached for her phone. " How can there be no service, all I did was turn off the road, come on!" she shouted as she threw the phone into her purse. 

She slid the drivers seat as far back as it would go intending to rest long enough to gather the energy to walk until she gaining service to her cell. 

Lucia was startled by a hard knock on her cracked for air window. She started the car to roll the window completely, as she started the car the officer pulled his gun demanding she exit the car. "Are you seriously pulling a gin on me?" she nervously questioned. " Mam, exit the vehicle and place your hands on your head" the officer demanded. 

" You have lost your ever loving mind officer, I will not exit my car in fact I am driving away towards your precinct to report you" she shouted through the cracked window. 

In a instant he broke her window with the back of his gun and was pulling her out of the car and down onto h e pavement.

She felt the pressure of his knee dig into her back as he was forcing her arms back and clicking cuffs on her. Her cheek stung from the skin scraping upon the pavement, her head ached and the earth spun so fiercely she couldn't hold back the coffee from coming up. She came too hand cuffed to a hospital bed with the officer staring at her by the foot of the bed. She struggled to be free demanding to know what she could possibly be under arrest for. 

The officer looked at her with dead eyes, " Under the new laws I am not required to state a reason nor will I" he answered. 

Still struggling she repeatedly questioned what he was talking about.

"Mam, look I may not agree with the changes but much like everyone else I intend on complying in order for me and my family to survive" He said somewhat compassionate. 

“Survive what? What are you talking about? Lucinda answered in panick. 

“Look I dont know how long you were out or what the details of your injuries are, all you need to understand is life as you and I knew are no longer exists” the officer stated.

Lucinda felt sick to her stomach and just needed to close her eyes for a bit. 

“Wait I know, I know whats going on, oh he went too far but he got me good” she shouted. “Yes, in deed he got me with the ultimate April fools prank” Lucinda continued

“No mam, I assure you this is no prank, although I wish it were, you have been accused of trespassing and under the current law that is punishable by life in the camp” the officer stated.

Lucinda confident that Mike had orchestrated the ultimate prank she gave in to the need to rest. She woke strapped in a chair with strangers in army green lab coates and clip boards surrounding her. One of the men spoke ...”Do you understand, you will not speak unless given permission” Lucinda tried to snap back the burn in her throat and mouth preventing sound. “You understand you will be administered the syrup every time you defy” Another man stated as a young woman approached her and another man pried her mouth open and head back. “It's very simple, follow orders and you will be just fine”

She knew for certain from the burn of the syrup filling her mouth and slowly burning down her throat that Mike did not orchestrate such cruelty. 

She began to struggle trying to stand, looking down she realized her wrists and ankles were cuffed to the chair. Still her instincts caused her to continue to stand. 

The men wrote on their clip boards and directed the women to watch over her and report every 15 minutes.

“Listen, you must comply, they will not kill you but you will wish they had” the young woman whispered in her ear. Lucinda stopped fighting when she saw the young woman fingertips were raw without fingernails, her wrists covered in rings of bruises, and moved as though she was in excruciating pain. Yet her hair was perfectly tied back in a bun and face beautifully made up. Behind the eye shadow and mascara Lucinda saw the empathy and fear. 

She sat in that chair unable to control releasing bodily waste for several days. When the men were satisfies if her compliance from their 15 minute interval reports they permitted the older woman to drag her still cuffed to the chair to be hosed down. 

The young woman assisted, giving Lucinda cool chalking liquid to sip slowly. “this will counteract the burning, in a few days you will meet with the leader and be permitted to speak, I advise you to choose your words wisely and whatever you do you must comply” she quickly informed her. 

Lucinda remained in the chair until she was able to speak, was hosed off again, this time her hair was washed and placed in a bun, makeup was carefully applied. She was observed carefully as she was given a light blue snap in front mid calf length polyester dress with the back cut out near her bottom and beige rubber sole 2 inch healed mary jane style shoes. Under garments were not permitted as not to be soiled. As the older woman was cuffing her wrists and ankles she informed her from this point on she would clean her own waste and she owed detail to her for doing so. 

She was woke and dragged to meet the leader. She was placed in a dark room infront of the only window. She could see a full moon , hear clanking of metal and belowing of screams. She breathed in crisp fresh air along with a chamical odor. 

Through a speaker she orders were dictated.

You will not release any bodily waste.

You will not speak unless permitted.

You will not make eye contact.

You will not show aggression.

You will sit completely still in full compliance until the leader leaves the room.

The leader entered the room unaccompanied. He carried with him a chair which he placed back to back with Lucinda's. He waited a moment before speaking to ensure she complied with the rules. He went on to state that he he a a few elite have been planning this take over for some time. He explained how he expected society to conduct themselves and punishments for those who did not. He continued explaining women, men and children were going to reside in separate camps. When he felt the women were in full compliance he would allow visits with children. Those who were married may or may not be permitted to remain as such. He went on and on with all he expected and plans for the foreseeable future. 

He then told Lucinda he hand picked her to be by her side but not until she underwent extensive training. After explaining what he training would entail he talked about the room being climate controlled for her comfort in an effort to familiarize with her. 

The leader stood up and walked towards the far wall turning on the lights. Lucinda was infuriated when she saw the so called leader was Mike!

June 09, 2021 19:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.