14 comments

Kids Happy Friendship

As I walked out the door, I noticed that a crowd had formed around Clementine’s Cafe. I walked towards it to see what was going on, and that’s when I realized that Clementine’s Cafe had finally introduced a new drink. I couldn’t read exactly what it was, but the picture looked like the drink was tasty. I couldn’t wait to try it. I tried to find my way through the crowd. Even though I was very tall, it was still very difficult to see the sign. It didn’t help that more people were coming, making the crowd almost double. Clementine’s Cafe was a well-known shop, and everyone loved it.  

Then, the door of the cafe slammed open and people got excited. Clementine rushed out with a megaphone in one hand, a napkin in the other. She was wearing a very big pink dress and looked like she was blushing. I didn’t blame her. I’m pretty sure my face was bright red in this heat as well.

“Welcome, everyone! I’m overjoyed to announce that we have finally perfected the recipe for our very own Salted Caramel Cinnamon Frappuccino!”

The crowd cheered. We couldn’t wait!

When they allowed us in, everyone dashed to the cashier to order the drink. The first person who got their drink was a very tall and skinny woman. 

“Oh…it’s so delicious. Yum...yum!” she said.

“Thank you, I’m glad you liked it!” said Clementine.

“You’re welcome, dearie,” she replied. I wondered if she was old because she said dearie instead of Mrs. Clementine

When it was my turn, I could practically feel my heart beating twice as fast. I was so excited! I went over to the cashier and ordered the Salted Caramel Cinnamon Frappuccino. When they gave it I was surprised. It wasn’t like any Salted Caramel Cinnamon Frappuccino, because it had some chocolate syrup and chocolate shards on the top, adding a nice design. Slowly I tasted it.

 It didn't taste that good. It didn’t even look the same as the picture which was expected. What I’m trying to tell you is that it is definitely not worth it at all. I decided that a nice Cinnamon Coffee would be nice if I was sitting in Aloha’s which is a cafe nearby that's really famous. So, I decided to drive there. 

When I arrived, I practically ran to the store. I ordered a Cinnamon Coffee with some pumpkin spice biscuits that they called Buiscuittie. I know how I figured out the Cinnamon Coffee. My father used to always drink it, and one day he made me try it. Ever since, it became one of my favorite drinks. It's so delicious, especially with the Pumpkin Spice Biscuits.

When they got me seated with the food, I slowly tasted it. 

It tasted fantastic! Really, I don’t know which drink can taste better!

“It’s epic!” I yelled, excitedly.

“Thanks, young man. Glad to hear that,” she said, as she walked away to serve the table in front of me. 

I had a feeling of knowing who she was. She looked so familiar, and yet, I couldn't figure out who she was. I slowly continued drinking. 

As I left the store I felt that I forgot to finish my drink. I went back in to check and yes, I did leave some and my waitress was staring at it with gloomy eyes. I grabbed it with my hands. I drank it.

I said thank you and left. Certainly, that was one of the best drinks I’ve ever had. I wondered why I never came here and chose the Cinnamon Coffee. 

As I went home, I remembered that my street was closed because the road was being fixed so I had to take a detour.

When I went home I changed and decided to take a short nap. I went to bed and put a pillow behind my head and one that’s under. I don’t know if you think I’m crazy or not but, hey, it feels good. I had a very nice dream of me and my parents living in a mansion with the prettiest garden there possibly can be. My mom and I were working together planting this type of flower that I don’t know what.

When I woke up, I wanted a cold, nice drink even though I just had one a few minutes, no wait, hours ago! I chose to drink the fruit punch I had bought a few days before. Tuesday, to be exact. 

I relaxed on the sofa in the living room, watching football on NBC, while drinking the refreshing juice at the same time. 

When the game finished I decided to watch some basketball. Mind me, but I’m just a person who loves sports. I am a big fan of the L.A. Rams in football, L.A. Lakers in basketball, and Boston Red Sox in baseball. 

When it was halftime, I decided to garden a little. My mom had planted a rose bush in my yard to "add a little color to the ugly place." As soon as I got out the gloves, shovels, and scissors, the game started which was very disappointing. 

After I got settled on the sofa comfortably it was already the fourth quarter. At least my favorite team was winning.

Then, after the game ended with my favorite team the winner, I got up and started on the gardening which I planned would take one hour. 

I began to feel very thirsty and had a sudden urge to get a Cinnamon Coffee again. When I got there, the waitress gave me a kind smile. 

“Let me guess. Cinnamon Coffee?” she asked kindly.

I nodded. “Of course. It’s great!”

She smiled. “I’m so happy you like it. I’ll get it shortly.”

After she gave it, I couldn’t bear waiting any longer. I quickly gulped it down.

Ah. This felt like heaven. Seriously, I want this every day, all the time. It was so good. I look at the waitress, who was looking at me with a weird look, yet a happy smile on her face.

“What?” I asked, worried that I broke a rule of the building, or something.

“Nothing. You just remind me of someone I used to know. He loved the Cinnamon Coffee.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. Coming to think of it, you look a lot like him. He was my best friend when I was younger.”

My breath caught. Could it be…? “Are you, by any chance, Rosetta Florence?”

She blinked. And blinked again. “Wait, how did you know my last name?”

I broke into a huge grin. “Rosie!!! I knew you looked familiar! Remember me? I’m Taylor Bronze.”

A look of understanding crosses her features. “OH! Gosh, I knew something was different about you! I--”

She stopped mid-sentence and grabbed me into a hug. “Oh, I’ve missed you!”

I smiled and hugged her back. “Me too, Rosie. It’s been so long since I moved, I almost forgot about you!”

“Yeah, me too. Still, this is amazing! Who would’ve known this would happen?”

“I know right! I’m supposed to be on vacation! Still, I’m glad we’re reunited.”

She smiled. “Me too! Isn’t it funny that we got reunited because of Cinnamon Coffee?”

I shook my head. “No way! Cinnamon Coffee is a miracle!”

“Haha. Funny. Really funny.”

“I’m still happy to meet you again.”

“Same.”

And that’s how Cinnamon Coffee changed my life. Some things really are magical and one of them is Cinnamon Coffee!


October 16, 2020 05:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

14 comments

Rease Hunter
23:17 Oct 16, 2020

So what do you think, guys? Did you like it? I hope you did!

Reply

Rielle Lopez
00:26 Oct 17, 2020

Nice! I like the ending! :)

Reply

Rease Hunter
01:08 Oct 17, 2020

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Charles Stucker
18:38 Oct 19, 2020

broken pieces from a chocolate net- curious, what IS a chocolate net? Orchid plant that I had bought a few days ago. It smelled sweet as honey. - technical note- orchids smell terrible. This has all the qualities of a happy kids tale- quick, to the point, just enough description, nothing harsh, and a protagonist who enjoys their time on the page. For the record, those first three are great qualities for ALL fiction. Except literary, which has its own rules. so, if you branch out, you'll either be a natural, or you'll be halfway the...

Reply

Rease Hunter
03:06 Oct 20, 2020

Sorry, that statement was an error. I fixed it and I hope it makes more sense for you now! :) -Rease H.

Reply

Rease Hunter
03:15 Oct 20, 2020

Thanks for the advice Charles! I have found many more errors and have fixed those as well! I hope the story makes much more sense! -Rease H.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:13 Oct 19, 2020

Awesome job, Rease! The ending is so beautiful! Also, welcome to Reedsy!! :)

Reply

Rease Hunter
18:18 Oct 19, 2020

Thanks, you are so kind! :) -Rease H.

Reply

18:19 Oct 19, 2020

You're welcome!

Reply

Rease Hunter
01:19 Nov 04, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ariadne .
01:10 Oct 17, 2020

This was a fabulous Reedsy debut! Just one thing to note - the plot doesn't really "exist" for the most part, until the ending. Try spreading it out next time. Other than that, good job!

Reply

Rease Hunter
01:11 Oct 17, 2020

You are so sweet! Yes, thank you, I will make them better from now on! I love your stories! Anyway, thanks for the advice Ria! -Rease Hunter :)

Reply

Ariadne .
02:49 Nov 04, 2020

I'm glad I could help. Aww, thanks for checking those out! :)

Reply

Rease Hunter
03:02 Nov 04, 2020

you're welcome:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.