Vanity Van.

Written in response to: Start your story with somebody taking a photo.... view prompt

0 comments

Contemporary Drama

Maria and I became fed up of our routine life.”Maria,we have all the amenities of life but we are unable to use it,busy round the clock,you are busy in your profession and I’m busy with my business,when will we enjoy together”.”I think after getting married,about three years ago,we haven’t taken a holiday, except Sunday.The vanity van we bought last year,is still parking brand new in the parking lot.”I exhaustively said.”Dear ,coming weekend is long weekend,we’ll off towards North and enjoy there ,I wanna gave a surprise to you,by booking a room in a Murree Hotel.”Maria said,while sitting close to me.”No,no,no,I said"we’ll take our new vanity van…..,all the naccessities are fixes in it,we’ll spend nights in jungles.like a Tarzan and Jane “I said with showing great happiness.”But dear Tarzan was not a pencil like you “Maria said with a big laughter.And Jane was not a watermelon like they ,They both took away by their laughter .We’ll spend the off's in our sustainable van.. Yo know there is such a big land to explore and I love exploration..” I said enthusiastic..

The whole three days,we waited for the long weekend .

On Thursday,we locked our apartment and switch on our New sustainable van and set towards Murree. Murree is one of the best hill station in Pakistan,situated four thousand height above the sea level and now it’s a most facilitated backwater of Pakistan.

It took two hours from Islamabad to touch Murree.Murree seemed jampacked.The famous “Mall Road".....looked crowded,so ,we set towards Nathiagali,also a hill station but very quiet ,you would only hear Bird song vibing from the woods.Now it appearing evening.We hault near a a open place near a showery cascade.The sprinkler water made us needy for coffee and light snack."This place seems quite separated and lonely,good to spend days here." .Maria suggested..we adjusted chairs and a small table out side.Maria went busy preparing coffee and small samosas.I took out my camera cum binocular and taking the pics of the beautiful picturesque.”Ah,there is a romance going on"I shrieked.”Every where you find some thing unique.”Maria said smiley. I again focus the object on towards them.”I think the young one and the damsel both belong to the native periphery."I further added.In the mean while,Maria brought coffee and samosas.We both bussied ourselves.”Let’s see what the couple is doing “.I naugtilly picked up the object.”Oh,ho,quite hot ,water is on the boi ling point.”I remarked.”You always poke your nose in other affairs “.Maria added.I click some photos of both of them .I now turned the object to the opposite side.Seemed some men ,carrying guns are in pursuit of some thing.I thought they must be goons or hunters in the woods.A flash of thought passed on my mind and I turned the object towards the couple and tiched the binoculars mode.The couple now climbing up,hurriedly.The men,I counted them they were seven,and standing beneath the tree , bearing the couple.One of the men,looked quite seasoned and wearing a waist coat and a clothe round his head.”You have become too busy with the object,seemed some special”Maria interuppted.”Yar ,I think the situation is not holding good.The men are after the couple and trying to fetch them,they hiding on the same tree ,beneath the party is standing.”I briefed Maria.”I think the situation is going from bad to worst".Maria predicted.”you take the stills and switch on the movie mode simultaneously.”Maria added a suggestion.I hurriedly switch on the movie and camera mode and started the process.The waist coat man seemed furious and stuffy,and gave as a direction to kill but in the same time a young man came near to the waist coat man and they started fighting among them selves.In the mean while, a girl had fallen down from the tree.They all pointed their guns towards the sudden fall of the girl.The waist coat man began beating the girl but the young man who fought with the waist coat man,gave a push to the waist coat man ,and they again went on fray .All the remaining four became bystanders.Young boy jumped from the tree and fallen on the ground and took the damsel's hand and rushed towards the jungle.This all happened in minutes.The party of seven ran towards the couple,but the couple once again disappeared .”what is happening there ,are you filming it.” ? “yes,but they are running after the couple “.I answered.In the meantime,I again fixed the object on my eyes.”Oh ho”I expressed .”What happened ".Maria curiously asked.”They caught the couple and one man is tieing them with the heavy trunk".”Now we should call the emergency services”.Maria took out the mobile and said.”But they would get killed before the arrival of the emergency.”I said,”You stay here and call the emergency services,till that I would try to hault them.”I said and ran towards that direction,and in haste I picked up my pistol and mobile.”But darling,they are notorious and would rather harm you.” Maria cried.”But now there is no other way,we must stop them,or the innocent get killed.”said this and I ran .”Bastard,I told you don’t go near to these pissant but again you steal away with this ninni,now you both face deadly face of death”.The waist coat man said angrily.I would kill my son and will kill your daughter”The waist coat man said to the man with whom he had a short fray."My Daughter is innocent,I will not allow to kill her,your son instigated her."The other man said in an anger voice.”It means you are disobeying the rules of the tribe,first I will kill you.”The waist coat man said..He pointed his gun towards the other man and about to press the trigger “Halt ,every body,we are rescue squad ,drop your guns”.I appeared loud and gruff voice.They all looking towards every side but I was hidden behind a big bunyan tree.”Who is this,come in front”.The waist coat man shouted on the top of his voice.I took out my pistol and made an aerial fire and they all fled and to or shelter behind the trees.”Listen,set free the couple,you have made your own laws,there is no tribalism in the settled urban areas,you all are underarrest” I said but I was alone,I only glimpse that I’m carrying a big force.In the mean while Maria along with the Rescue squad arrived and they arrested all.Now ,we both came to our van.It was now becoming dusk.Maria immediately took the object from me and smiley said”let’s have a good Dinner". Vanity Van.


May 06, 2022 16:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.