It's going to get worse, before it gets better

Written in response to: Set your story during the night shift.... view prompt

0 comments

Christian Horror Coming of Age

At least I am not working the graveyard shift at the morgue. These people are at least alive, some of these women have had nervous breakdowns, and some are addicts off the streets of Dallas detoxing. Precisely what made me believe that working the night shift in a psychological hospital means weird stuff is going to happen? Nah, not likely... I mean come on most of these women have had some hefty doses of drugs that pretty much knock them out, plus lots of residents here take sleeping pills too. I just need to chill out. So I put in my earbuds and listen to a TED talk to relax me.

I am busy filing my nails, and I don't have to make my rounds for another 20 minutes. My head is down looking at the new shade of popp'n pink that my nails were painted, and I am filing away. I hear a loud pop through my headphones and lookup. Directly, I turn off the music and stand up. Where are the other nurses? Wait a minute, there are no patients sleeping in their beds. I must have nodded off, and this is a dream. If this is an alien invasion, the aliens didn't get the best human representatives. I handed out med.s, I know most of these people should be sleeping really hard by now, it's 12:45am. Why is no one answering when I call the west wing?

So I get up to look down at B-station and there is a pile of people in the hallway. I mean that, a literal pile. Arms, legs, and heads sticking out of bodies stacked up on top of each other. I feel like I am about to vomit, but I manage to hold it in. Look, there's Linda she's just walking around with her chart, she even waves at me. I'm completely speechless, I don't know what's going on but I'm getting out of here. I've just gotta get to the parking lot, get in my car- drive about 10 miles West, and I'll be home free.

So I leave the building, and here comes Linda screaming and running towards my car. No way am I dealing with her, she's got her own car. So I gun it, and my tires are screeching coming out of the parking lot. I drive straight by the police station on the way home, and I bust a u-turn on instinct and turn back to the police station.

There are several people there at the station, they are making reports of mass hysteria. I knew the government has a plan for a zombie apocalypse, but I wonder if it's an umbrella plan. You know that plan for the zombie apocalypse must have been made by some folks who might not believe in Jesus, because it clearly states in 1 Thess. 4:16, and 17 that the dead in Christ shall rise. I do not think they'll stay on the earth long enough for a governmental action plan to be enacted upon them either. I guess the government officials were planning to be left behind.

OK, I get home and boy am I ever glad to be home. At once I turn on the news to channel 11, that's my go-to channel for breaking news. Doug Dunbar says, "The recent mass hysteria resulting in air-born delirium episodes are linked to the bread factory explosion in East New York. The factory will be closed until further notice, and the city of New York is issuing a quarantine. All business is to be done between the hours of 8am, and 6pm. Then a state-wide curfew will is issued for 8pm, lastly, all travel is band to and from until further notice. Signing off on the news Doug Dunbar, God have mercy, and God bless."

So that is my take on the New York tragedy episode. I have been locked indoors for the past six days. I found out that only some people aren't affected by this airborne disease. I don't know why I didn't get it, but I'm sure grateful. "Whoa..... whoa..... I feel weightless, what happened to gravity? Oh wow, what in the world is going on... I am floating up through, yeah straight through the attic. I feel so, so, so sleepy... all these thick clouds might get my clothes wet. Look at the size of this crowd. Where are we all going?

There must be billions of people here. Wow, the ventilation is so good up here. It's so heavenly, oh no wait a minute- I am in paradise. Oh wow, what beautiful trees, gorgeous birds, oh I think that must be a pterodactyl on that mountain peak. It's the biggest bird that I have ever seen. Whoa... over there to my right is a street made out of silver. I wonder how long that I will get to stay here? I wonder if the streets will be made of gold in heaven? The Bible says in Revelations 21 that they'll be sapphire, & jasper foundations, and a city of gold. Hey, there's Linda, now I feel better about taking off and leaving her back on earth. I was so scared. "Anna, Anna boy am I ever glad to see a familiar face," she said. "I'm glad you want to still talk to me after that crazy stuff that happened back on earth," I say.

Then we both immediately start developing new bodies, and we forgot who each other was. I forgot who I used to be, where I came from too. But I finally get to be with Jesus Christ in person. I hope that's next, here I stand with my new body, and in a line behind that girl, I was talking to. I forgot who she was, who am I? Wow, it feels great in here. Where is Jesus, he must be in that warm shining gold aurora up ahead? I feel the warmth, I smell the frankesence and mur. I can now see his eyes, deep as the blue sea. I feel so welcomed, so invited, so at home. I am so glad that I submitted my will to God before I came here. God is so good.

The End

August 31, 2021 18:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.