The "Princess" of the Death Market

Written in response to: Write about a hero or a villain deathly afraid of doing their job.... view prompt

0 comments

Crime Teens & Young Adult

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

Nyx is a young villain who is working with the largest shop in the death market, the deadliest illegal market, her job is to kill other shop owners and dissect them for selling. She is terrified of doing this cause she is only 15 and her parents were killers making her fear them. When the shop owner killed them he didn’t know of her existence he took her and raised her for ten years. He had a soft spot for her because she was nothing like her parents he didn’t punish her when she messed up. She was the punisher. Her villain name is Punisher, everyone fears her because she has a “crazy side” as it’s said. When she is actually controlled by her “father” he had an implant made and placed to make him control her but there is a range of where it works. He takes over her mind and makes her do her job when she leaves the range she gains control but she is scared to make him mad and do her job. So she has to go through with it, not wanting the punishment, she would do it quickly to get it done and over with. She is known for her long painful deaths, she will inflict harm to the body to make it seem a long and painful death.

“Ah! Princess your back early, did they not last long?” Ted said. He was surprised to see her still covered in blood. 

“I had to rush out, a few big customers walked in. Didn’t want to risk anything” in her mind she was freaking out cause she timed the walk back wrong.

“Okay, I want to leave and have dinner. We have a client tonight, wear your mask” Ted said. Later that night Nyx had her rabbit mask on and was standing behind and to the left of Ted. when the client walked in Ted told Nyx to sit down on his right. Nyx was confused cause she was always on the left for a quick attack, but didn’t say anything because she didn’t want to cause conflict.

“Is this the Bunny you promised me? She looks young, I want to see her face already” the client said with a crazy look.

“Yes this is the bunny, she will listen to you. If she doesn’t, don’t let her leave her bed. Starving isn’t any punishment to her.”

“Okay can you tell me what’s happening here, you said we had a dinner with a client not selling me off?!” Nyx stated.

“You will sit and be quiet you will take your lower mask off to eat!” Ted said with venom lacing his voice. While Nyx was removing the lower part of the mask she felt the snap on the back undo.

“May I use the restroom to fix my mask?”

“Yes, go be quick,” Ted said. The client followed Nyx to the bathroom hoping to see her face. She got a glimpse of her face, seeing the scar that drags along her face. She now understood why he had a hard time selling her before. She found it nice to not see someone perfect for once. 

“Oh, our food arrived while I was out,” Nyx said. She had sat down and waited for Ted to take the first bite for her to start eating. When he did Nyx slowly took a bite not wanting to seem despite.

“Darling, why are you eating so slow?” Ellie, the client asked. Nyx tensed, Ted stated that she isn’t to eat fast because it would make her a slob. “Don’t say that and I believe I have already bought her she doesn’t need to follow your rules anymore.” Nyx didn’t believe anyone was willing to stand up to Ted.

After the dinner Ted had them go and pick all of Nyx’s things from the base to take to her new home.

“Hello Miss Ellie, Where am I staying?” Nyx greeted.

“Oh darling, you will be staying in the other sweet. You can call me Ellie by the way.” Ellie said. She lead Nyx to her room and Nyx was so surprised, Ellie could just see the glow off of her eyes. “You can put your stuff down, I’ll show you around the place,” Ellie said as she left the room. Nyx put all of her stuff down and followed Ellie out of the room.

“Darling, you can take your mask off. Don’t worry about getting taken back, I never back down from a deal.” Ellie said. Nyx slowly took off her mask and held it in her hand. Ellie was surprised to see how long and bad the “scar” was. It was a fresh wound that was covered in ointment to keep it from bleeding. Ellie’s mother instinct turned on and grabbed her by the wrist and took her to the medical room.

“I am taking care of your wound. I can’t believe it’s not infected.” Ellie said with anger.

“H-he kept cutting it back open. I have had it since he killed my parents.” Nyx stated. Nyx has never told another soul about her past. Nyx also has special eyes. The left eye is blue when the right eye is pink. She was always called a freak because of this. When Ellie had grabbed her wrist the makeup covering the colour strips, that she was born with, were showing. 

“Your wrist too?” Ellie grabbed the rag and wiped it off seeing that it wasn’t a cut but looked like a tattoo. “He got you a tattoo? He is so irresponsible.”

“NO! I was born with it, wipe my other wrist” Nyx said. When Ellie did that she saw that there was a blue one too. Nyx took out the black contacts she wore to hide her eyes. “I am a freak, that’s why I am treated the way I am.” Ellie took care of the cut along her face. And got her something to drink and held her close. That’s when Ellie said she had been looking for a teen girl to love and treat as her kid.

“I could never get pregnant because of the damage from the abuse I had as a kid. My father blamed everything on me. My mother killed herself because my dad had abused her to her breaking point. Her last words were “I love you El, live for me”. She then shot herself, getting my father’s attention.” Ellie explained. “The only way I was able to leave him was running away.”

“Ted killed my parents because they were the biggest competition and they abused me cause of what I look like,” Nyx told Ellie. Suddenly Nyx snapped and Ted was talking through her.

“Well, Ellie dear I knew I would find you again. Nyx is my little puppet, she was what I got from winning the war.” Ellie was horrified, but she saw something one of Nyx’s eyes were flashing like she was reaching the end of a range. Ellie then walked further and heard that the voice was breaking up. Ellie decided to push her into the opposite direction of where they were. 

“Ow~ wait why am I in the hall,” Nyx asked. Ellie had noticed that one of her eyes had been hit by something when she was pushed. Ellie held her close and hit something hard and cold like metal on the back of Nyx’s head.

“What the? turn around darling.” When Nyx turned around Ellie lifted her hair and saw the plate. She looked around and saw the skin piece laying on the floor. “Darling we have to get this removed now!” Ellie yelled as she pulled her phone out to call her medic. Nyx got her surgery so she could be free and they left and stayed in a small apartment to hide for now. 

“Thank you, you have helped us a lot by letting us stay here,” Ellie said.

“No problem, no one has tried to rent the place out for years.” the manager said. Nyx was enrolled on a school and got caught up with her whole year quickly. She was very shy but had a couple of friends, she also works at one of her teacher’s radio shack.

“You know, you should speak on the radio sometime.” Her teacher said.

“N-no thanks, My voice is w-weird and don’t wanna get made fun of” Nyx lied, if her voice was heard many people would come after her and Ellie.

“I can get a voice changer so you will sound different” Her teacher suggested. Nyx from then on started to talk on the show once a week. Nyx truly had her life changed just by Ellie buying her, sounds cruel, but it was worth it.

March 05, 2022 03:05

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.