6 comments

Crime Mystery Funny

After a long night of work, I like to go to my favorite coffee shop. Honestly, I don’t know why they are still open. I think that I’ve done enough work today so I’m going to head over there. There is an alley beside the shop but I think nothing of it. I’m sitting in the seat closest to the alley but I always sit here. I hear something coming from there and I just think it’s an animal. I look over to see two figures, one looking like it’s strangling the other one.  I told the workers and ran outside but I was too late. I called the police but by the time they made it, It looked like nothing happened. There was no evidence! I was consistent but they didn’t believe me. No bodies, No weapons, I didn’t know what to do but then I remembered, I saw that man's face. I told them what he looked like and they figured out that his name is Josh Nicolas. He is actually a really good guy. Sometimes, People can change though. We had to go on trial. 

-------------------------------------------------

 Finally, The day of the trial came. I don’t know why I am excited, No one believes that I saw a murder. Okay, I’m here, My palms are sweaty and I’m so nervous. I’m going to meet the man that I saw murder someone. As I walk into the courtroom, I see everyone in the jury and I’m the most nervous that I’ve ever been. I try to be calm but it’s not working, I guess I look calm because no one is looking at me weird.  They tell me to say what I saw and heard. So I said, “I was in Cafe Break and I heard something in the alley, So I went to look and I saw someone strangling another person.  I ran outside but it was too late. I called the police and when they showed up they looked around for evidence but there was none. I saw the murderer's face and it looked like a real person named Josh Nicolas.” The prosecutor asked “How would you have heard the scene if you were inside the cafe?” I replied with the truth “I was sitting in the closest seat to the alley. I go to Cafe Break every night after work and I always sit in that seat.” The prosecutor said “Well, Why don’t we ask Josh Nicolas himself?” He brought out Josh and asked him a few questions but this question really got me. The prosecutor asked “Where were you that night?” “I was at a bar and I got too drunk to drive myself home and called a cab and went home,” He said. The defense replied with “To help with his statement, I called his cab driver to come.” The cab driver came out and said “Yeah, I remember him, He left a giant tip. Also, I could tell he was drunk, He reeked of beer and his words were slurred so I knew right away he was drunk.” But then I thought, What if he lives nearby and came to the alley and killed someone while he was drunk so he doesn’t remember?” I asked the judge “Your Honor, May I ask a question to Josh?” “Go right ahead,” He replied. “Josh, Where do you live?” I asked. He replied “1795 Sunshine Road.” I said astonished “That is a block down from Cafe Break. I think that you may have stumbled out of your house and went in the alley and killed that man. You don’t remember it because you were drunk.”  “I Uh- I- Don’t uh,” He replied. “I think that she has made a good point, We will check your house for the body,” A policeman said. The judge commented “I think that It’s enough for today, we will come back tomorrow.” Finally, I can relax. I wake up not wanting to go to court today. I walk into the courtroom dreading doing this again. I think to myself “Hopefully, This is the last day that I am doing this.” The policeman says that “We didn’t find any evidence in his house.” Just when I was about to lose hope, Josh said “I may have killed that man. When I woke up the next morning, there was blood on my hands.” Then, The judge yelled “Guilty” and I knew I had won! No more courtroom, No more waking up at 7:00, I’m glad that’s over and I’m happy people believe me again. Now, I can just go back to my life. Coffee shop, Work, and no murders or trials. I walk home happy that I won the trial and on the way there I say to myself, “How about a celebratory trip to Cafe Break?” I go over there and I sit by the seat that I always sit in, The seat beside the alley.  Jeff yells to me “Congrats on the win!” Jeff is a barista. “How did you find out so quickly?’’ I ask. He replies “I watched it on T.V.” “It was on T.V.!” I said, astonished. Jeff responded “Yeah, I watched on this T.V. right here.” “I didn’t think it was going to be on T.V.!  Lousy people, Never tell me what’s going on,” I remarked.  “Well, You did great in there. It was so funny when that guy was like ‘Uh- Huh-What’!” He chuckled. “Anyways, I have a question.” I said. “What is it?” Jeff asked. “Why are you guys open so late?” I wondered “Well, It’s for people like you, Who need some time away or just someone to talk to,”

 He said. “Oh, Well That’s nice I never would have thought of that. I always thought it was because you guys needed the extra money,” I replied. “And That too,” Jeff laughed. “Well, It’s getting late, I better head home.” I said. “Okay, You know where to find me!” Jeff exclaimed. I went home happy that I had won. I got in my bed to go to sleep. “Time to go back to my life” I thought to myself.    

(Note: Please tell me if I made any mistakes. Thank You For Reading!)

November 13, 2020 18:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

6 comments

21:37 Nov 18, 2020

HELLO!!!!! The story was a great!!! Just one suggestion, you can maybe section it up a little bit. You wrote it as a long big paragraph, but to make it easier to read, next time maybe you can section it up. And I saw you did my quiz!!!!! AHHHH TYSM!!!! You just got one question wrong, but it AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! You did really good *gives pat on the back* PEACE OUT!!!!!

Reply

Thank you! I will take that in account and do that next time. I just started writing on here and appreciate the feedback!

Reply

21:31 Nov 19, 2020

Any time! I also just started back in quarantine, because I was really bored, so i am still a newbie... hehehe

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Hey! If you guys find any mistakes. Please tell me. Also, Feedback helps me write better so please give me feedback. Thank you for reading!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Bella Keller
21:20 Nov 23, 2020

WOW!!! I love it, no problems just in is a little of a run on paragraph!! Keep up the good work!! I really love it!

Reply

That's not called a "Run on paragraph" and trying to work on that. Thank You!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.