3 comments

Fantasy

It had all started one gloomy day when Eve wolk up. She knew she was exhausted and drained from her past school week. It was dreary outside but she decided to go for a walk. She had gotten ready for her day and climbed down the stairs. Her parents had, however, gone to work. She found enough food to scramble together a quick breakfast. Once her meal was ready, she ate quickly then rushed outside for a walk. She started down the road, but soon realized she wanted to take the trail in the woods. She went around to the backyard of her house and started down the trail. 

She didn't want to walk for long, she had to get back to do chores. Suddenly a gust of light and wind blew past her. She found herself in a hallway and at the end was a door. This is weird. Eve thought, Why am I not in the forest? "Where am I?" Eve said to herself. Her question was soon answered. She opened the door to see a beautiful colorful world of bright, sparkling flowers and trees and animals she has never seen before. She walked carefully on the best grass she has ever seen to see something small and fluffy. She picked it up and held it in her hands. "We call those little fluffs Snuggle bugs." said a mysterious voice from behind Eve. "Who's there?" she cried, hoping for an answer. She turned around to see a friendly looking goblin, whose name was Gobi.  

He told Eve all about the land he called Magicalandia. He had told her that Magicalandia was in danger because even though everything was colorful, there was a spreading patch of black and white covering their land. They had very little time until the whole land was colorless. “No one cares about it. They expect our leader, Queen Pixie, to work it out.” said Gobi sadly. “I assume you won't do anything about it, most visitors do not and we do not get many visitors.” he followed. “Well it seems like you and every other living thing need help. So, I will help.” Eve responded after thinking for a short while.

“Really? For real?” Gobi asked. “Well, yeah. If everyone is in danger, then of course I will.” said Eve proudly. They said their goodbyes and parted.Eve walked around to see what Magicallandia looked like. She found a small stream and sat down next to it. She saw something black slither up a tree. “The black and white patch that is going to destroy the island!” She screamed. Eve ran around finding all the creatures that were a few feet from the black and white patch and guided them to safety. The patch was moving faster and she needed to do something. All the sudden thousands of snuggle bugs and Gobi came running from behind her. “We are here to help.” yelled Gobi. 

He yelled the snuggle bugs some directions and then they all scattered. “Meet by the sealed underground cave. The black and white can not get underground.” cried Gobi gasping for breath. After rounding up as many creatures as they could, they led them to the cave. Most creatures came in groups with a few snuggle bugs. They all squeezed into the cave while Gobi, Eve, and the snuggle bugs went to find out who was responsible for this mess they caused. 

Eve had remembered when Gobi had told her that there was a book that talked about everything that happened to Magicalandia. “The Queen! We forgot to get the Queen!” yelled Gobi. “The book of Magiclandia, isn’t that in the Castle?” Eve asked. Gobi and the snuggle bugs nodded. They ran to the castle as fast as they could go. While Gobi and the snuggle bugs went to find the queen, Eve went to find the book. She found the room that held the book. The sign above the door said The book of Magiclandia. She entered the room and walked up to the book laided on a stool made of wood that looked like it was ancient. She opened the book and turned a few pages. She found a page that said that if the black and white virus that would take all the color out of Magiclandia, what to do about it.

It said, “If this happened it is because the Evil doctor that lived in the bottom of Magiclandia. The Evil doctor is actually a friendly Ogre. It was never known why he wanted to do this. There is only one way to solve this problem and you have to go to the Evil doctor and talk to him. If this does happen gather everyone in Magiclandia and get to the cave next to the castle.” Eve said out loud. “Good thing we got everyone to safety in the very cave next to the castle as it said in this book.” Eve whispered to herself. She thought about what has happened over the past few hours.

She thought about it more. Her parents were probably up already and wondering where she was. She really wanted to go home but she needed to save Magiclandia. Hoping it was all a dream, she read more. After she closed the book, she saw a backpack laying by the wall just across the room. She walked over and picked it up. She opened it to see nothing. How can it be empty? She thought. She walked over to the book, opened the bag and slipped the book into it. After finding Gobi and the snuggle bugs, Eve told them all about what she found and what the book said. Gobi told her that they had brought the Queen to the cave and that everyone was fine. They found the place where the Evil doctor lived, the bottom of Magiclandia, just as it said in the book. They crawled inside carefully and saw a blocked door. Eve had remembered something she read in the book of Magiclandia.

It had said they had needed to go through that door. But they could not get through the door. The only way to get through it was to be tiny and neither Eve of Gobi could get through the door. “The snuggle bugs! They can get through!” said Gobi. They told the snuggle bugs what to do but they did not know how to communicate. “Pop!” Eve’s bag had popped, so she opened it to see walkie talkies. She gave one to the snuggle bugs and kept one to herself. Then the snuggle bugs were off. 

Eve and Gobi had waited several minutes. They got a sound from the walkie talkies, the snuggle bugs had pressed the side button. They heard someone on the other end speak. It must be the Evil doctor Eve thought. They were ready to go. “Hello, Mr. Evil doctor? Um… We came to talk to you.” Eve said carefully. “Who’s there? Why do you need to talk to me?” Evil doctor replied. “My name is Eve and we want to know why you wanted to take all of the color out of Magiclandia.” Eve said, talking into the Walkie talkie.

“I only wanted to because my life was always black and white, In the dark, hidden from any color.” replied the Evil doctor. “If you stop you can live in colors.” said Eve. “I don’t want to.” said the Evil doctor madly. “Please, everyone is in danger.” Eve cried. “Oh fine!” said the Evil doctor. “I will stop it.” Everyone cheered of greatness. The Snuggle bugs saved the day! Everyone was safe and Magiclandia was back to its usual: colorful. Eve was about to leave back home, when Gobi ran up to her. “You should have this.” Gobi said, handing her a snuggle bug. “Thanks, I promise to come visit. Bye!” Eve called to them. “Bye!!” everyone yelled.

When Eve got home and showed her parents the snuggle bug, they thought she discovered a new species. “Something like that.” she said to her parents. They were all so happy in the end and Eve visited Magiclandia all the time.


May 15, 2020 11:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Lily Simmons
17:28 May 22, 2020

Hoped you liked it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Lily Simmons
17:28 May 22, 2020

I loved writing this story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Lily Simmons
17:27 May 22, 2020

Thanks to everyone who liked my story.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.