0 comments

Fiction Fantasy Drama

I am female aged 22, citizen of Rubi Isle on planet tellus – earth’s twin only younger by 8 centuries. I have come to you the great TELLUS ORACLE for guidance. I was born to wealthy parents whom I lost in infancy and was left to be brought up by kindly granny in the lap of luxury. I was born a beautiful baby and turned into a child with a charming smile and neatly combed tresses to be fondled by all. People would bring me sweets besides fruit to show their affection. I was greatly attached to granny who looked after me with great care. She would educate me telling me stories. When I was about 7 years old I asked “Granny you’ve been telling me about births of various people in your stories. But you’ve never told me about how they were made.”

Granny was silent a while. She must have been thinking “The girl is too young to be told the facts of life. But if I don’t answer her she will pester me.” Perhaps wanting more time she said “I’ll tell you tomorrow.” Perhaps she thought I would forget, but the next day I reminded her about answering my question.

She said “Babies are made by males and females who have great affection for each other. They will embrace or kiss. Babies will be born that way.”

This stuck in my mind with even after I grew up to be 17. I had grown up to be a great beauty and granny would tell me that with her influence she would get me married to the son of the king of our land.

It was at this time that a certain Godman was popularizing his cult. He went round claiming he was chosen by God Himself to heal suffering humanity. He would give discourses on ḥow to cope with various problems in life, how to accept what could not be helped but had to be faced. He arranged for feeding the hungry and the needy, and with money donated by those who had it, built huts for the homeless. He was hailed as a mortal born to upgrade our country.

I wanted to talk to Godman and asked granny’s permission.

She said “I don’t believe these fellows who claim to help the poor and reform society. He could be genuine but I don’t know. I’ve no objection to your meeting him. Only be forewarned that he could be a fraud wanting to skim money off and disappear.”

I met Godman in his hut. He was quite young and handsome with a smiling face and dressed like everyone else. I could see he was surprised to see me come to meet him. I told him I wanted to understand his mission and philosophy.

He said “It would be difficult to understand. I’ll give you an example. There was a merry-go-round and a man went 3 rounds on it. But he continued to go further despite the hardship. When asked he said the owner of the MGR owes me money and this īs tḥe only way I can collect. It is hard no doubt. The same is understanding my purpose in life. You must attend my lectures and listen to what I’ve to say. I tell all who listen to my lectures that if they have difficulty understanding any of the points I had made they could come to me and I would explain in detail.”

I was just 17 and attended a few of his lectures. I was drawn to Godman though granny was telling me that the crown prince would marry me. I would visit Godman often and talk would gradually turn informal. One day I said to him “Master, as a woman I long to produce a baby.” I told him about what granny had told me about reproduction. I added “I feel that is the best way though as I grew up I was corrected.”

He said “I hope you know there is a simpler alternative which is more pleasurable and surely produces babies.”

“I’ve been told about it.”

He said “I can do the needful if you so desire.”

I was grateful that he wasn’t forcing himself on me. I said I would consider it. I thought long and hard on Godman’s offer. I decided to turn down granny’s proposal for the crown prince to wed me. She was disappointed when I told her of my decision. However before doing it I asked Godman himself.

He said “It is entirely for you to decide if you should choose a humble God man rejecting the crown prince. I cannot formally marry you. I’m considering  foreswearing all worldly delights for a year as penance starting next week. You’ve a week in which to decide, as once I start the penance, I’ll renounce you too.”

I allowed Godman to do whatever he should for me to get a baby. It was pleasurable no doubt and the process was repeated several times, often to our complete satisfaction. I had the money to live comfortably and Godman by his power of persuasion got the rich to contribute. Five years have passed but with no result to our doings. I’ve kept on with him as there was no alternative. I keep reminiscing that I should have listened to granny and shouldn’t have rejected the proposal of the prince to be my consort with the more luxurious life that I would have had besides multiple children. Oracle, please answer me. Should I continue with Godman though I’ve no children?”

Oracle answered “Change partners.”

I said, though I could be accused of blasphemy, “That I know. But I don’t feel like leaving Godman as he is good in bed and we’ve so much in common.”

Oracle said “Find Godman another partner and persevere with both. Competition could yield the desired result. Now withdraw as others are waiting to seek answers from me.”

I went back and told Godman the result of questioning the oracle.

He said “The oracle got it right. I’ve a disciple – a widow - who has produced two kids. She could correct our situation.”

“But it could be due to the ingenuity of the late husband and she was merely lying back enjoying it.

I’ll look for a couple that has produced two or more children.”

Godman said “The joint venture could mean changing partners. Don’t discount what the oracle has said in its wisdom.”

I said “Sure. I hope we succeed. That move will add to my reminiscences!”

END

November 15, 2022 11:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.