5 comments

Horror Thriller Adventure

He almost died, but after 60 days alone in the Pacific Ocean, he saw land. “I’m saved" Daniel Floyd said as his raft slowly floated towards the island, and Daniel could be right, that’s the first time in two months he is seeing anything other than water.

The raft finally arrived to the beach, and Daniel felt the sand, he cried and then fainted.

He could hear someone walking towards him but couldn’t move.

“I'LL BE OK BEVERLY, I PROMISE"

“DON'T TRUST THE TREE PEOPLE, DON'T TRUST THEM.”

He woke up dizzy, he’s been blindfolded, and someone is carrying him. He feels his stomach hurting, the last time he had food was probably two weeks ago when by a miracle he caught a fish. “Food” Daniel mumbled as his consciousness slowly fades away again.

FOOD"

FOOD"

FOOD!!!”

This time it wasn’t Daniel who was talking about the food. As someone took off his blindfold Daniel came to a horrible realization, a realization that made him miss the dizziness from floating on his raft, the S.S Daniel, as he called it while on board. He began missing the raft and the never ending Pacific Ocean once he understood that this time, HE IS THE FOOD.

More than ten human like figures surrounded him, yelling “food, food, food!" he was scared before, but now he is terrified. “it looks like they are made of, made of trees” he thought to himself. One of the creatures started charging at him, he saw his life run past him, he saw his son, and his wife Beverly. “SAY BYE TO DADDY BLAKE". The Tree man creature almost reached Daniel as another one of them tackled him a second before his “branches” Hands grabbed Daniel. “WE WILL WAIT, WAIT FOR SARA” Said the big Tree man with the raspy voice. “BYE BLAKEY, YOUR DADDY LOST HIS MIND" he thought to himself as the big Tree man got up and blindfolded him again. "Please, I have a so-" someone hit him, hard.


"DAADDYYY, I'M STWONG!"

"YES YOU ARE! YES YOU ARE BIG BLAKEY! THE STRONGEST AMONG THE FLOYDES!"


He began to wake up, his hands are tied, they took off his blindfold but he still couldn't see good, blood is covering his eyes, two Tree mans are near him, guarding him, he can smell the smell of rotten meat, he doesn't know if it's coming from them or from him. "Water" Daniel mumbled. Drinkable water was also something very rare on the S.S Daniel, sometimes he drank his own urine, and prayed for rain, which eventually came and saved his life, only for him to end up here, on the island of the Tree man.

"AWAY!!!" Screamed a voice near the room, the two Tree man ran out of the room, and Daniel was left alone, he heard steps, BIG steps climbing up the stairs. A huge figure entered the room, Daniel feels like he is dying, actually he knows he's dying.

"wat-er" Daniel barely said, the big figure in front of him looks like a big shadow, as he still can't see through his blood covered eyes. Suddenly, water was dropping on his face, washing his eyes, he drinks what he can, and the water had a taste of metal. The tall figure wiped Daniels eyes, he tried to slowly open his eyes, it took him a couple of tries but after a few seconds he could see again, and when he saw the tall figure in front of him, he screamed and

fainted.


"DANIEL!! GRAB THE ROPE! THE ROPE DANIEL!!!"  


He tried grabbing the rope as the small fishing boat drifted away from him into the unknown, the storm destroyed their chances of survival, Daniel gave his body to the pacific, and when the storm ended there was no boat, no land and just a little hope, a small floating raft and the memories of his son, BLAKE.


"Why are you here?" said the tall Tree lady as Daniel slowly coming back to consciousness.

"I'm lost, and hurt".

She began laughing and said "tell me something I don’t know Daniel"

"I was searching…" he said and looked her in the eyes, her eyes were human like, but her body, had something wrong with it.

"And did you find what you were looking for Daniel?" she smiled and Daniel could see her wooden teeth and black tongue.

"I think I did".

The lady stood up, Daniel assumed that she is 8 feet tall, she started walking towards him as his vision got blurry again until it became dark.


"DANIEL, HAVE YOU PRAYED TODAY?"

"YES DAD"

"I DID SO!"

"I PRAYED DAD! I SWEAR I PRAYED!!"


He woke up, its night, he's on wet ground, a blizzard surrounding the island, he looks at the sky, and opens his mouth, a few rain drops reached in to his dry throat. "That’s them, I only heard stories, but it's really them, they are made of wood, wood and hate"

"He warned me".


"DANIEL? ARE YOU LISTENING?"

"YES GRANDPA"

"GOOD, SO THE PIRATES ENDED UP ON THAT ISLAND, THEY WERE TWELVE MEN AND SARA, SHE WAS THEIR LEADER SHE WAS LIKE A QUEEN FOR THEM, BUT WHEN THE STORM CAME, THEY WERE INJURED, AND SARA SAVED THEM, SHE SAVED THEM WITH NATURE"

"AND WHAT HAPPENED THEN GRANDPA?"

"THEY BECAME THE ISLAND PROTECTORS DANIEL! ANYONE WHO CAME NEAR THEIR ISLAND NEVER CAME BACK."


The thunders woke him up. "I'm unguarded?" his hands and legs are tied, he hears screams, the screams of terror, not far away.

"They must have other captives."

He managed to cut the ropes with the help of a rock. The rain pouring on him, as he is walking through the shadows, trying to get back to the sea.


"I HAD THAT ROPE IN MY HAND!!!!"    

"THEY ARE DEAD ANYWAY.."

"I DID PRAY MOM, PLEASE STOP"


He can hear the pacific, so close to freedom yet so far. The

screams of others are still heard as Daniel getting closer to the shore. 

"HE GOT AWAY!!!!!!!"

He hears and starts running even faster. He knows that if he will stay on the island he will die a horrible death, or even worse, will become one of them. And he rather float on the S.S Daniel for 60 more days or even 120 days, just not to die on this island.



"BLAKE LOVE DADDY"


"AND DADDY LOVES BLAKE!"


 He could see the shore, he could even see his raft, the ocean looks like a mess, but that’s his best option.

"HE'S GETTING AWAY!!!" Daniel hears the Tree mans behind him, he has no power to continue running, "almost there.." "GET BACK HERE HUMAN! YOU ARE MINE!!"


"I NEED TO GO BEVERLY, IT'S ONLY FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS, I'LL BE WITH MARK AND THE GUYS, EVERYTHING WILL BE OK, I PROMISE. YOU KNOW IT'S MY DREAM SINCE MY GRANDFATHER DIED."

"I KNOW HONEY, AND I KNOW YOU WILL BE SAFE."

"I LOVE YOU DADDY"


He looked back and saw all the Tree mans and Sara running after him.


"BLAKE."


With his last powers he got on his raft and pushed himself in to the stormy sea, he looked back and saw them, the Tree man with their leader Sara, all standing near the water, and stare at him, the island behind them seem to be on fire, as he fades away with his raft into the Pacific Ocean.

And as he lay back on the raft, his eyes met the shiny star of Venus, and he knew that he is safe, for now.








February 27, 2021 00:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Eddie Thawne
01:08 Mar 08, 2021

I enjoyed reading every bit of this story. Great Job. Well done!

Reply

Oasis Romem
01:33 Mar 08, 2021

Thank you man! I appreciate it a lot!🙏✌🏽

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Basil Golightly
22:13 Mar 07, 2021

Man oh man, all I can see is I am groot

Reply

Show 0 replies
Paz Harel
19:45 Feb 27, 2021

Poor Daniel ! The blurriness of this story made me feel so much for Daniel. This is horror. Love it!

Reply

Oasis Romem
23:11 Feb 27, 2021

Thank you so much bro.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.