2 comments

Romance Holiday Fiction

It was a grey afternoon with a dull sky, threatening rain, he needed a drink and a moment of peace with himself. Once again he hadn’t got the promotion, He had worked his ass off for the past four months but nothing worked out. 

   He walked into a bar, He stepped back and surveyed the bar. No one was sitting alone except her. Her wavy dark hair was left open, holding a glass of red wine. She was wearing a black dress with a checked shirt hiding her sleeves. It was possible she could be married but she wasn’t wearing a ring. There was something young and vibrant about her that he couldn’t stop staring at, the more he stared at her, the more he was drawn towards her. His feet led him to sit beside her and ordered a drink for her and himself. “A red wine for the lady and a scotch here”

  “Good choice,” She said with a grin on her face.

He smiled.

  “So, what got you here?” she asked 

  “Well, I just standing there for the past half an hour and wasn’t able to take my eyes off you brought me up here…”

She chuckled “Well this is not the first time I have heard that but I meant like what are you doing here, it's just noon and getting drunk?”

  “Ohh OKay,” he says, somewhat embarrassed “It was a promotion day today at the office and I was the only one who didn’t get one”

She twitched her dark brown eyebrows to say sorry “That’s bad”

  “Yeah I know” he gulped down his glass of scotch and ordered another one.

  “Seems like you really needed that one”

  “Yeah, I guess so, been broke for a long time now” He growled in a husky voice. “So what  brought you here?”

   “I just had a fight  with my husband an hour ago!”

   “You’re married?”

   “She took a sip from her glass “Well I guess if I have a husband, I would be married”

They both laughed

   “I am sorry, You just look really young”

    “Do I? She said “In Fact, you look too old to be not married” They both took a shot of tequila.

He chuckled, then began to laugh hard “Who said I am single, married for ten years, two sons and a daughter, cheers!”

  “Oops!” She said with a smirk.

She zipped open her purse and removed out her credit card. “Hey, are you going?”

  “Yes, I have had a lot to  drink today and gotta get back house”

   “Okay, Alright. Let me walk you out then”

They split the bill in half and walked out of the bar. He opened the door for her. She stood there just an inch apart looking straight into his eyes. Then he put an arm around her and called her in for a hug. “Nice meeting you,”  he said, drawing her back from his chest, and he bent to meet hers as she looked up, startled.  

    Those lips met each other and his grip tightened across her shoulders, pulling her into him and pressing himself into her. His hands brushing her curly hair which starts to slip down at the smooth curve of her sides to rest on her hips as he begins to draw her in. They didn’t care. Their hungry mouths melted into each other.

  “Stop!” She says pushing him away from her, “I am sorry, I can’t do this! I hope you can understand” She closed the door to her car and drove away.

    The next morning, he was again at the bar hoping to find her. He wanted to see her, kiss her, caress her but she never showed up until one day he walked into a Charleys, the best place in a town known to have Jamaican wings. Her striking deep blue eyes set staring at him behind the counter desk. It was her, the girl whom he had been thinking about for the past three days. She was wearing a bright yellow mid-length dress with a white apron wrapped around her slender vibrant body.

   “What can I get for you, sir?” She says, drawing out a pen and a notepad from her side pocket.

    “I’d like the classic Jamaican wings,” He said trying to not look into her subtle oceanic eyes.

     She curled up her lips and a smile broadened over her face “What about the kids and for ma’am?” 

      “I’ll have a sushi platter and a beer with it, and three bowls of Korean noodles for the kids, thank you”

      “Alright then, the food must be ready in 10”

       She went back to the counter and minded her own business, typing and billing the order and then looking out for others.

       “Wasn’t she flirting with you just now?” Says Louisa.

        “What the hell Louisa? She is a waitress and I have met her for the first time, ``he says.

       She rolled her eyes in disagreement “Alright Mister, calm down”

        “I will come back in a second, I have to go to the loo” his eyes signaled her to the side.

      “Oh! I missed you” He gasped, kissing her all over her face, her ears, her eyes, her soft and warm lips, “Where were you all week?” Sliding down her waist, kissing her thighs, and coming back to her lips.

       “I missed you too, I just can’t stop thinking about you” Moaning loudly “I am married and I can’t do this” She backs out and opens the door, and leaves right away.  

        “bill please!” He looks straight into her eyes. She then prints out the bill and hands it over to him. He signs it and writes his number as well.

      “Call me if you want to,” He whispers.

Do you think she would have called him back? Yes, she did, she did call him back afterward and they did what they had to do all summer. At times they sneaked out of each other's houses late at night to meet each other, sometimes after work, at the bar, the whole of California. But one-day things just changed, he flew away to Newyork due to work and their fairytale love story was over.

      They never called each other, never sent letters to each other, and just walked away from each other’s life. 

     Not a day goes by when Jack doesn't think about her, The summer of 2011 when Jack met Lucy.

June 24, 2021 08:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Mohamed Sarfan
06:34 Jun 25, 2021

Dear Writer, Every part of life is determined by time. Man's life saves memories; Loves dreams. The mind that can get lost in the blink of an eye does not stop loving until death in a few love stories. Congratulations to the writer who gifted a story covering pleasant moments outside the summer. Write more Congratulations

Reply

Simran Hirani
03:07 Jun 26, 2021

Thank you Sarfan for your kind words🖤

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.