0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Romance Suspense

This story is about my father and step-mothers first date. I ask them how they meet? when I was brought back into my father's home I was very curious about my new family. My birth mother had run off with my brother and I when I was three years old. My mother was a drug addict and neglected my brother and I. When I finally found my father I found out he was married and had three other kids. I was so excited to meet them and know their stories. I think it is fun to ask couples about their first dates and how they meet. You should try asking the next couple you meet. You might find an interesting story like I did.

This is what lead me to find out my father had no class as a man. I take that back he has no class as a person. Who takes the girl they are crushing on to a cemetery for a first date? I mean really dad that is one way to disappoint your child when they want to hear your love story. My step-mother Amanda had started working in the same store as my dad. Amanda fell for his eyes. Jeremy has blue eye like the ocean. My father obviously didn't have any charm. Jeremy fell for Amanda because she is defiantly his type. My mother also has brown curly hair and green eyes. Amanda has brown curly hair and blueish-greenish eyes. My dad gathered up enough confidence to ask her out for dinner. They had only known each other for a month now. They had been eyeing each other from the corners. The funny thing is they had worked at the same places. My father worked at the same jobs she did. Every time he quit would be the day she started at that job. When my father asked her out she felt like it was fate. Amanda said yes of course. He asked for her number and address. My father was excited. He freaked out the whole week about what to do for the date. He asked her out without a plan. He bugged his friends about it to get their help. They told him he should of thought about it. They gave what advice they could to help him. They all told him they same thing. Make a good impression. When my father picked her up that Friday night in his freshly cleaned used black car. He wanted to make a good impetration so he cleaned his car. He really put in the effort. My father never cleans his car. It is practically a moving trash can. He didn't bring flowers because he was worried he would bring the wrong kind of flowers. He had combed his hair back. My father is not the type to care about his looks. I was very shocked to hear he combed his hair.

She ask my father where they were going he said it was a surprise. He stopped in a graveyard. Amanda was scared at first. She thought he was some graveyard killer. She asked" are you going to kill me?"

My father finally realizing how creepy he was being responded" No, We have to walk through the grave yard to get to the picket spot in the park." My mother relaxed a little finding the picnic a cute idea. They walk past the gravy yard to the back near the woods. where my mother realized the grave yard extended to the woods. There was a small creek near by. She said it reflected the moonlight of the full moon. It light up the area so it wasn't dark at all. She felt bad for those forgotten people who have been covered up by nature. She felt at least they won't be forgotten by her. She said she enjoy the company of those people on her date it felt like a party. My dad took her to a bench, and set up the food. There was flowers every where in the area around the bench. My mother said it was a very beautiful spot. They enjoyed the whole night talking about football, and eating in a forgotten graveyard. They talk about the kids they had. Before they new it time flew by. It was three in the morning when my father took her home. He jumped out after parking the car and ran to her door to open it. he walked her to the door. He didn't kiss here he just said it was fun and turn to go to the car thinking he had screwed up and freaked her out by taking her to a graveyard. When he reached for the door handled my mother grabbed his hand and he turn to she her. She kissed him and said, "What are we doing next week?" I guess my father had some class after all. Than I turned to my mother and asked her "WHY? "

Her response was" I don't know I thought it was cute."

Writers comments:

I hope you enjoyed my parents love story like I did. I would like if you guys can add a contest on how two people meet their soulmate. I would love to read everyone's stories. I think it would be fun. Please leave comments if you see room for improvement. I love all types of advice. I know my grammar is awful. I would like to improve as a writer. Thank you for reading my stories. I am going to be moving some of my stories from wattpad over. Everything that isn't a fan-fiction. If anyone has a love story they would like to share let me know. I will read them I promise. I am a sucker for romance. I won't lie about it. I find writing fun. It explores the depths of a human soul through writing. I hope you will look at some of my other stories and leaves comments. Like I said all advice welcomed.

October 25, 2020 15:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.