Window Of Opportunity: Hitler's Secret Return

Submitted into Contest #97 in response to: Write a story that involves a magic window — or a window like no other.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Crime Fantasy

Kelsey Discovers a hidden nightmare

Kelsey Jill Paterson 35 years old, gym assistant living in a quiet urban neighbourhood inNew York City. Part of the low end working class she struggles to make ends meet and to keep the roof over her head.

She never misses a day of work, volunteers for overtime hours, and is very loyal to her boss. She has a petite build, long reddish hair, nerdy looking, but wirey, and sinewy and can kick any guys butt if it comes to that.

After one stressful day at the gym she comes home to her one cat that is lounging on the sofa, and barely acknowledges her arrival.

She releases a huge sigh and sets up her yoga and meditation mat.

Today, was different, for some reason she prepared her yoga mat in front of the living room window. She begins her yoga routine.

Sitting cross-legged, elbows to knees, palms up, she begins to breathe slowly and the stress of the day be released from her body.

However, today is different, she hears a voice calling to her.

It says her name very quietly "Kelsey" then it gets louder "Kelsey"

She tries to ignore it, even louder this time, it seemed like a shout "Kelsey!!!"

"Who are you? she asks.

"I am here trapped in your living room window. I have been looking for the right person who is honest, and God fearing like yourself for a long time."

"Do you have a name?"

"My name is Chiqora. I am a female wizard trapped in this universe for centuries, and only now I have figured out a way to communicate with the right person. You see I am a failed undergraduate from the Unforseen University."

"Oh" responded Kelsey. Half believing the so-called wizard.

"What is the message?" Kelsey half chuckling to herself

"A great evil has resurfaced on your planet and posses a threat to the human race. I have chosen you to stop it."

"Who or what is this evil?"

"You humans know him as Adolf Hitler the leader of the Third Reich."

Kelsey was stunned.

" Did he not committ suicide in his bunker while the Russians were storming the Reichstag?" She could not believe this

"That's what he wanted you to believe, but he discovered a secret portal and went through it. He also took the fountain of youth."

This is bad Kelsey thought. Today we have nuclear weapons, internet, the countries cyber security could be infiltrated. He could cause all sorts of havoc.

"This is what you should do. Stop him."

The vision ended abruptly.

She came to, startled at the information that was given her.

She got from her practice mat, touched her living room window and to her surprise. The window did not speak. It was a normal window. How can this happen? she asked herself.

I must be going crazy. How can a living room window speak? Wizards aren't real or are they?

She looked at her cat muffles, still peacefully at sleep as if nothing had happened at all.

Maybe I should have something to eat she thought. She entered her kitchen and brought out some left over food from the night before.

It was a take out supper from her favourite Italian restaurant located just down the street.

They wouldn't have tainted this, would they? She shook the thought from her head. They are the nicest middle aged restaurant owners she knows. They would give the shirts off their backs to help her out and other low income earners in the neighborhood.

She put the left over lasagna into the microwave and nuked it for 2 minutes. The microwave chimed letting her know that supper is ready.

All of a sudden there was muffles, brushing against her leg, and meowing. Mistriss, I love human food. I am hungry. Feed me.

It looked up to her with Puss N Boots eyes.

She sighed.

She put the lasagna on table and gathered her knive and fork from the utensil drawer.

Kelsey gave in to her cats demand and gave it some pasta.

"There you go my favourite guy"

She finished eating and cleaned up the table.

The voice from the window was still with her "You must stop him"

How in the world is she going to pull this off? So many questions not enough time to answer them all.

Keley's spirit was restless. I have seen that footage of the two bodies burning outside the Chancellory millions of time. The Soviet army was proudly displaying the image to the rest of the world.

How is it possible that Hitler could escape the jaws of death.?

Muffles curled up beside her on the couch. She gave her some good head scratches, and she purred loudly.

You realize how lucky you are? Your only worries is food, water, and having your litter box cleaned out.

I have been giving the task to stop a raving lunatic like Hitler from getting complete control of this modern earth.

Kelsey's mind felt like it was spinning out of control, almost vertigo. I hate Vertigo. She said to herself

She relaxed herself. Drifted off to sleep.

Again, the window appeared.

"I have chosen you for this particular mission. I am the only surviving member of my world The Harsh Terrain. We fought against ech other all for wealth. We did not want to share. We wanted to rule over the poor and give them no rights. Pay your high bills or else."

Deep with regret. I Chiqora instead of fighting I tried to escape it by entering a vessel that I designed and built. My world destroyed itself with it's own greed."

Kelsey thought to herself. This sounds exactly like Superman The Movie

"We designed your world in hopes that differant human beings can get along with each other. By the looks of things this experiment has failed miserably." Chiqora said with sadness in her voice.

"How can I make a make a differance?" Asked Kelsey

Wade Ritter

June 09, 2021 18:13

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.