0 comments

General

Growing up in a big family was something very normal for me in turns of having family dinner. Family dinner was usually held on Sundays. I'm talking relatives from all over.

As I grew older and made a family of my own family dinner had become somewhat of a tradition in the Carson household. Until one day my husband suggest that we switch it up one year and have Thanksgiving at his parents house.

Thanksgiving dinner at the in-laws I thought to myself, boy was I scared. Change was just something I wasn't very use to.

As the Thanksgiving day arrived I began getting the kids ready for a day at grandma and grandpa's house, and boy were they excited. Candy, candy at grandmas I heard one say. Driving to their house was always like a small road trip, so we always make sure we leave early.

Walking into the house was always so much fun, I'll admit even the kids enjoy it. Fish tanks every where with the most beautiful fish, along with cats and dogs too. It was like a little pet store walking in being greeted by so much love and seeing the beautiful scenery. All the kids played in the backyard while the adults were either cooking or watching the game, or even playing games themselves.

As dinner time approaches all the kids come in wash their hands as they get called one by one to the table. There was so many families there we had to join tables. This isn't so scary I thought to myself as I stepped away to the bathroom. Before I could even realize I had a smile written all over my face. A sudden peaceful feeling entered my heart.

Coming back to the table I kissed my mother and father in-law as I sat down next to their wonderful son and I began eating. Cheers everyone I say as I'm picking up my glass of wine. "Cheers to another year together with a beautiful family" cheers yelled everyone with laughter and joy in the room.

Thanksgiving family dinner was a success, the aroma was great as usual family, friends and food, maybe change isn't so bad, I whispered to myself as I continue watching all the love, definitely a family dinner to remember.

November 22, 2019 19:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.