Quest for the Oracle (Part 2 - A Reedsy Cast Story)

Submitted into Contest #92 in response to: Write a story set in a city where the power suddenly goes out, leaving everyone in darkness.... view prompt

20 comments

Adventure Coming of Age

***NOT BASED ON THE PROMPT - I will now be writing this not based on the prompt, because it changes the story too much. Enjoy :>***

*Characters*

Naomi - Starlight 

Alisha - Devaki 

Willow - Amethyst 

Em - Em 

Celeste - Celeste

Arya - Arya

Amura - also Devaki

Thanks to these authors:

Rick Riordan

J.K. Rowling

*Em’s P.O.V*

“Hey, this is the portal!” Celeste ran up to it. “Um, what do we have to do?” Alisha asked, walking around it. “There’s a huge red button on the top!” said Naomi helpfully, as she reached up towards it. “Don’t touch it!” Celeste yelped. She inspected it. “We need one of the Hephaestus kids to look at it, but they’re all gone.” 

“Plus, we need to wait for-” I was interrupted by Willow. “Guys, I’m here!” she panted. “Why are you so out of breath?” Alisha asked. “Ch-chimera!” Willow gasped as she fainted. Me and Alisha ran to catch her, as a half lion with a snake tail jumped in front of our group and snapped at Naomi. Celeste slowly backed away, and I stared at it, horrified. Alisha hid in the bushes, walking with a half-conscious Willow behind her. “We need help!” yelled Naomi. A girl suddenly teleported out of nowhere, and ran at the Chimera with a holly wood wand and shouted, “Confringo!” The Chimera exploded into dust as soon as the spell hit it. I sighed in relief. The girl had blondish brown hair, dark skin, and intense blue eyes. “You all can come out now!” She said in such a voice that I felt like I needed to obey. Charmspeak, I thought. Celeste ran forward. Naomi just stood where she was, astonished. Alisha dragged a now-conscious Willow out from the bushes, glaring at her. “Don’t tell!” Willow hissed. “Tell what?” I asked, confused. Something fishy was definitely going on with Willow. 

*Celeste’s P.O.V*

The blond-haired girl looked around. “Wow, there sure is a lot of you.” She said. Her blue eyes flashed. “Amara, you can come now!” she yelled. “Oh, I’m Arya.” the blond-haired girl said. “And this is Amara.” she pointed to another girl with a wand. Arya was wearing Ravenclaw robes, and Amara was wearing Gryffindor. Amara had black hair with blue streaks and green eyes. Em and Willow were having a hushed conversation, with Alisha cutting in now and then. Arya studied our little search party. “Got any Apollo? Poseidon? Hades? Anyone important, with great powers?” Naomi’s eyebrows shot up. “You study mythology?” Arya nodded. “Yeah, at Hogwarts. But you got anyone powerful? Anything powerful?” We looked at each other. “We got Alisha, daughter of Zeus.” Alisha waved, embarrassed. “And,” Naomi continued, “we have Celeste’s lightning necklace.” Arya rolled her eyes. “That’s not enough. You need wands.”

“You sure Athena’s not your mom?” Naomi was very interested in Arya. “Nah. My mom died when I was still a baby. I don’t know much about her. My dad married Savannah Potter, and now she’s my stepmother.” Naomi’s eyebrows shot up. “You’re related to the Potter family? Explains your bravery. Where’d you get your smarts from?” 

“My dad. Sebastian Malfoy.”

“Wow!” Arya blushed. “Yeah. My whole family is famous. I want to work up to that.” I turned to Amara. “Who’s your family?” Amara looked away. “I’m lucky to have as good and famous a friend as Arya. My mother is Ashlynn Lupin. Not as famous.” I didn’t want to tell Amara I’d never heard of her mother before. “Oh, okay.” Arya stopped walking suddenly. “We’re here. Ollivanders.”

*Arya’s P.O.V*

I watched as Naomi found her wand. “This is so cool!” she said excitedly, and she sat next to me and Amara as we watched Alisha, then Willow, then Em, then Celeste get their wands. I looked at everyone’s wands. “Okay, so Naomi’s got willow and purpleheart, with a phoenix feather core, Alisha’s got hazel with a unicorn hair core, Willow’s got-whoa!” I peered at the wand. “Is that the Elder Wand? Take good care of that one!” I continued the list of wands. “Everybody clear on what their wand is?” They all nodded. We all walked out of Ollivanders. “Why are you all here, anyway?” 

The group exchanged looks. “We’re here to look for our Oracle.” Explained Celeste. “Her name is Addison. Have you seen her?” asked Alisha. Me and Amara looked at each other. “No…” said Amara. We stopped at a huge castle. “Umm… How did we get here?” asked Em. Naomi took a step back. “I don’t really like it here. It’s… creepy.” “Oh, wait till you meet Zara, Vanessa, Lucy, Carmen, and Ari.” 

“Zara and Lucy are Gryffindors.”  Amara explained to Naomi. “And Vanessa, Ari, and Carmen are Ravenclaws. Really nice ones.” Naomi nodded. “Okay. I guess it’ll be nice making new friends.” I looked around. For the god’s children, they didn’t look very powerful. “Who are your parents? Mythologically.”  The girls all looked at each other. “Me, Celeste, and Em are Athena. Alisha is Zeus. Willow is Aphrodite.” I nodded in understanding. “Okay. Should we go in?” Naomi shivred, but went in anyway. Celeste and I followed her through the giant doors, and into the castle. 

*Amara’s POV*

Arya stepped carefully onto the moving stairs, making sure no one fell. “You need to be careful with these.” She had said on multiple occasions, including my first time in Hogwarts. “They can be unpredictable.” I made sure everything was in control, and helped the newcomers step carefully up the steps. Once we got to the Ravenclaw common room, and said the password, which was ‘cat’s eye’, we saw a group of girls studying together. I recognized Carmen and Vanessa. “What is the spell for disarming your opponent?” Carmen asked Vanessa. “Expelliarmus!” Vanessa said, but she forgot she was holding her wand in her hand, and the textbook went flying out of Carmen’s hand. “Oops!” Vanessa giggled. “Oh, hey!” Carmen said to Arya. “Hi, Carmen!” Arya replied. “This is Carmen, and the other girl is Vanessa!” Arya introduced the two girls to the group. “Why are you back so early?” Vanessa asked, but Arya matched it with a question of her own. “Where’s Ari?” Carmen shrugged. “Dunno. But who are they?” Arya introduced all of the girls. “They come from the mythological world.” I said. I was usually quiet, but I was starting to get a bit friendly with Naomi, which caused me to be friendlier to the other girls and boys in the castle. All of a sudden, Ari burst into the common room. “Oh, hi Arya and Amara! Who are they?” Arya sighed, and reintroduced the group. “Oh.” Ari said, sounding a little bit disappointed. "Don't be dissapointed, Arielle. They're my friends!" Randomly, a dove sign popped up near Arya’s head, and a silver bow and arrow appeared in her hand. Naomi’s eyes widened, and her and the rest of the group knelt down. 

“All hail Arya Malfoy, daughter of Aphrodite, and Hunter of Artemis.” 

May 06, 2021 11:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

20 comments

00:43 May 07, 2021

A Malfoy Aphrodite, vErY iNtErEsTiNg! I like it :) the plot and dialogue is fluid and smooth; you might want to break up the dialogue onto different lines when different people speak, if you want to make the paragraphs shorter :) Lmk when the nest part comes out, and GRATE 🧀🧀🧀 job!! ~ Amethyst

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
19:40 May 07, 2021

Yes thanks for the tip! Thank you and thank you :)) I will

Reply

20:12 May 07, 2021

Np! :)) :DD it was a pleasure to read :> :))

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
14:07 May 08, 2021

:) :) :) :) :)

Reply

20:09 May 08, 2021

:D

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
20:26 May 08, 2021

I used your tip for Energetic Elle, if u want to check it out :)))

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

I wanted ravnclaw.... OOhhh I could be ravenclaw and daughter of Athena lol-

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
19:40 May 07, 2021

ooh I'll find a way to work you in lol

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
14:08 May 08, 2021

Do you mind if in the next part, after they leave hogwarts, I could find a way to get you in, and maybe you could show up again in some random part of the story?

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
19:23 May 08, 2021

Okay! Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
13:08 May 06, 2021

ahh i love this bahahhaha "Arya Malfoy". lol

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
19:38 May 06, 2021

lol yes hope u don't mind

Reply

14:44 May 07, 2021

Oh I dont mind at all I love that lol

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
19:41 May 07, 2021

Yayy everyone does :)))))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
11:50 May 06, 2021

A Malfoy Aphrodite? I'm impressed. And I'm so funny in this!

Reply

Vera Vuscoe
12:05 May 06, 2021

Lol thank you! Yes, I wanted at least one funny character, hope you don't mind.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.