2 comments

Fantasy Sad

The doll by Jazmine Abuzaid ( I hope you guys enjoy the story!)

I was once brand new, loved by a little girl in a flower dress. I had many neat brown curls and hazel eyes and a blue dress with a single bow. My shoes had no marks or starches and very night I would the feel the brush of those tiny hands against my porcelain face. One night she held onto me so long, her mother had to pull me out of her grip so she could go to sleep. I felt cared for many many many years.

I watched the girl grow up much taller, happier and more mature. Nights did not feel the same as it used to. No more brushing of her hands on my face, no more hugs, no more smiles towards me. I eventually was taken into her new home where her own little girl became my new owner. An owner that didn't love me the same.

One morning she spilled red paint on my face , another morning she brushed my hair until it became frizzy. There was one particular night I became happy because I finally got a hug from her. This was not like the hugs I was used to. This hug was tighter, it just felt different. It was as if she loved me too much or hated me and wanted me gone. I just wanted out. She was not taking care of me very well . Anyway, it was a few years later until she finally interacted with me again. This interaction felt more gentler and more loving, speaking that she was older and wiser to know exactly how to treat dolls more properly.

She tried scrubbing my face with a wet cloth and found a matching pink bonnet to cover up my frizzy hair. I was even placed on the top of her shelve instead of on the edge of her desk where I was scared of getting knocked over. I felt a sense of pride being on the top shelve. I felt like the queen or like a million -dollar toy that was being handled with care.

Anyway, just like I had before, I was placed into a box and taken to my owners own home where her own daughter eventually became my new owner but not my last like I was hopping. All this moving around and being passed down through this one family was a lot. This room was smaller than previous ones. From where I was sitting, I saw nature posters hung on the wall, a window with torn curtains and a clock with a ticking sound that drove even me crazy.

Time passed and once again as I mentioned before the girl grew up and finally I was placed into my last box and ready to meet my last and finally owner that was my least favorite of them all. I would have been fine living with my second owner for my entire life. Anyway, how is this my last owner you may have wondered. Well, I am just getting that that.

See, this owner knew basically nothing about dolls. She did know everything about dressing up and tea parties but nothing about dolls. One scary night, I sat on a chair at a small table in her room. The wind blew heavily against the window. A few lightning bolts lit up the sky and this is just like how most horror movies being. I feared the worst and the worst did come. She pretended to hand me a cup of tea when my previous third owner came to check on her, began speaking nd I listened to their entire conversation.

''Take good care of her '' she said never taking her eyes off of me.

'' Do not worry mother, everything is just fine'' she said pretending to give me more tea.

'' I just hate for this doll to go through any pain.''

''No pain here mother'' she smiled and gestured for her to sit next to me.

'' This doll must really love tea according to the amount you keep giving her'' she laughed.

''Well I am just tying to have some fun with her after all.''

'' Do you want to know the story of this doll?'' she asked siting up more straighter in the chair.

''Haven't you told me already mother?''

''I have not.'' So anyway, this doll belonged to my grandmother who absolutely adored her. Then she passed to my mother who tried caring for her to her best abilities. Thirdly my mother passed to me on my third birthday. Finally I passed it on to you who i hopped would pass it on to your daughters.''

''Great story mother but if you don't mind I would like to get some sleep I am getting tired.'' Her mother left the room and my last owner placed me in the trash before going to sleep. I guess she had no care for the story or for me. To her I was just a doll and nothing more.

The next day was trash day and all the trash was taken from the house including me. My third owner, her mother, came and collected the trash when didn't even notice me in it. If she could here my voice or even just see me then she would know the pain I had now suffered being in the trash after all this adventure I had been through. Th trash smelled awful and like rotten tomatoes mostly because that was what was not on my face. Anyway, I saw the bags in her hand and just as she was walking out the front door the little girl rushed to her.

''Mother did you see anything in particular in the trash''

''I have not sweetheart''

''Excellent, I hated that thing, I mean nothing'' she said with a grin. Eventually, I was thrown in the garbage truck with other trash and that was the end of me. No more owners just me sitting in a pile of trash at the dump for the rest of my life. THE REST OF MY lIFE!

July 14, 2022 21:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Ren B
19:27 Jul 19, 2022

Good job! so sad how she ended up there, hopefully we’ll read a sequel about someone adopting her!

Reply

Jazmine Abuzaid
00:14 Jul 25, 2022

Thank you for reading. Im glad you enjoyed the story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.