Legendary Warrior:Bamboo Mechanic

Submitted into Contest #16 in response to: Write a story about a character on a quest, trying to "prove themselves."... view prompt

3 comments

General

In the land, trees and plants is considered as an important factor for survival. The very extinct and unique is the bamboo. In the tribe of Mamba, they considered the bamboo as the very important plant more than gems, food, gold or even the metals. The leader of the tribe is the old Mamba; he is the keeper and the ruler of the tribe. In the community, every family has a bamboo plant inside of the house. It is planted in the middle of the house where it is available for the sun. Bamboo has its different color; the black bamboo contains a strong powder which can consider as a bomb in every layer. The green bamboo contains powder use as seasoning for cooking. Every layer of bamboo has its different use according to its color and content. The tribe of Mamba has its most precious Bamboo that consider as the life of the tribe, the Golden Bamboo. It contains shining water that gives healing to all kinds of illness. This is the way that the tribe live in a strong and glorious foundation. There was a young man named Gallo, a son of a mechanic. Gallo and his father invented cannons, guns and combat cars powered by the black bamboo. His uncle, the brother of his father is the warrior captain of the tribe. Gallo on his ordinary day go to his training facility in the cave where he kept his inventions like the wings, multiple cannons and the bamboo mechanic suit. While Gallo is repairing the wings on the right side, he heard steps from the dark side of the entrance of the cave. While wondering who the person is, he quickly covers his invention with a cloth. “Who is it? I know you are there?” Gallo said. With a growling voice “I am the watcher of the barbarian tribe and now I am here to destroy you Gallo,” the voice said. What? How did you know my name? Gallo shouted and tremble with fear. Suddenly he hears a familiar voice and Gallo recognize it, Mao was there. “Why are you teasing me? Gallo said. “I’m sorry, I just saw you very serious with that thing, what is that thing? Mao asked Gallo. “It’s just a craft out of bamboo trashes” Gallo explained. “Yeah? Are you sure? As Mao said this he grab the cloth covering the inventions of Gallo and he was surprise of what he saw. It is the model of bamboo warrior suit that Gallo made. “Is this what according to the Legend bamboo warrior suit? I knew it, the Old Mamba said it. Our ancestors are great warriors that they even fight the barbarian tribe and thrown losses on their part. It was now a history that serves as a motivation to our tribe to be a warrior and a protector of our land. “Yes that’s true, that’s why it is my dream to be the bamboo mechanic warrior” Gallo said in a very confident voice. Gallo and Mao have been close friends since childhood. They share a common habit and dreams and it is to be a warrior. Mao is good at guns at arrows, daggers and any kind of weapon use in a long range battle. On the other hand, Gallo is good at martial arts and sword fighting. They dreamed to be a warrior that can protect the life of the village from the barbarians. Being a warrior has big responsibility. it takes a lot of courage and strength to conquer all enemy and promote peaceful living. it is their dream to live in a life that filled with joy and fellowship. They knew that as long as many people are greedy towards power, that can't be happen. they search the books and ask every elder in the village to know more about the bamboo mechanic warrior. One day the barbarian tribe surprisingly come had a fight among the warrior of the Mamba Tribe. The Barbarians has a big force and in number. Gallo and Mao tried to fight but they are force to be hidden in the cave by the old Mamba. The old Mamba face the tribe of Barbarians in all his might. "Hey, old Man! Step out of the way and i will spare your life, just surrender us your Golden bamboo so that no one will be killed" said by the barbarian warrior general. "I will protect the village as long as the life and treasure of the villagers" the old mamba said. "Then this will be your last life old man" the barbarian said. As the fight going on, the old Mamba was killed and trembled all the warriors of the Mamba tribe to retreat and live the village in wastefulness. A cry for justice held in the camp in the forest for the Mamba Tribe. They mourn for the great loss ever happen. They build new camps and houses in the forest for the new start. Mao and Gallo was very eager to find the legendary bamboo mechanic warrior. They decide to travel even the villagers tried to stop them and said that the warrior is not true and it is a mere hearsay. They travel a long to find the warrior, they walk into the volcanic places even it is dangerous, traveled the sea in a simple boat from ports. They face some thieves in the desert and climb the highest mountain cliff. They even starve for week and they surpass them all until they reach the mountain of Pearl. According to the myth that the powerful warrior is living in here. As they approached the old house, they saw an old man lying down in bed. They ask and surprisingly discover that that he is the legendary warrior now a simple old sick man. The man said that the legendary warrior is not true and it disappoint them. They go as far as this moment just for a legendary myth that never exist. The legendary warrior was intentional made as an myth for the protection of the village to be feared by the other tribes. "You can be anybody, you can be warrior and no one limiting you only yourself" the old man said. They stayed a night an traveled back to their village. On the other hand, the warrior of the village tried to attack the barbarians but they fail and captured. As Gallo and Mao heard it, they went to the barbarian tribe secretly and search for the tribe member but they surprise in room that a sick child is in the bed and they saw the Golden bamboo. They discovered why the barbarian seek to get the Golden Bamboo. Leave the room with sadness. They heard a noise about the coming of the Mamba together with his father and the warriors of the tribe. All are ready for the battle but Mao and Gallo appeared in a very unique warrior suit. They stopped the war and explained everything. "We want to be a warrior and to prove something, but there is one thing that more than a warrior needs to have, a cares for others, giving chances and acceptance to every situation, Having a sympathy and forgiveness for the needs is being more than warrior. We don't need to prove something because they also need a help'." as they ended the war, they are covered with tears and forgiveness.
November 20, 2019 03:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Sarcastic Kate
23:10 Nov 29, 2019

Great job of aligning your content to the prompt itself-- definitely can see the progression of the characters and it ends with a clearly defined moral at the end that ties everything together up nicely. I thought the bamboo was a really interesting element, and I liked the delivery style/voice because it reminded me of a mix of both old Japanese urban legends and traditional African folklore in a way. My only suggestion would to be for your next piece, maybe break up the piece into paragraphs so that the reader is forced to slow down and le...

Reply

Leophel Ampatin
06:23 Dec 05, 2019

thank you, it will help me a lot. I'm just a new writer

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Leophel Ampatin
03:16 Nov 20, 2019

this is my second story.. hope you like it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.