Banshee: Sister Location

Written in response to: Write a story about a group of sisters, or a group of brothers.... view prompt

120 comments

Fantasy Adventure

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

โ€œHaste, are you alright?โ€

The young, white haired boy with maroon eyes shook himself out of his trance.

โ€œIโ€™m sure Iโ€™m fine.โ€

Then, glancing around him and straightening up on the bed, he asked, way too nonchalantly:

โ€œWhereโ€™s Pearlhorizon?โ€

The eldest sister gave him an understanding nod.

โ€œSheโ€™s in the next room. That explosion hurt her and Mistychain the most.โ€ย 

โ€œI bet you hope that Misty doesnโ€™t recover~!โ€ crowed the youngest sister.

โ€œNonsense, Requiemroar. Now go see if Gloomyrain has returned.โ€

โ€œMy favorite person to bug~!!โ€ Requiemroar sang as she pranced out of the room.

The eldest one gave an annoyed sigh and then returned to her position by Haste.

โ€œShe was right about Chain, though.โ€ย 

โ€œAs I said to her, nonsense.โ€

He rolled his eyes.

โ€œCarmainerose, Iโ€™m not your โ€˜youngest brotherโ€™ or anything like that. Stop treating me like Iโ€™m part of yourโ€ฆfamily or something.โ€

โ€œItโ€™s fine if you donโ€™t like it, but since you treat Pearlhorizion like your sister and she treats you like her brother, then you are our brother too.โ€

Thatโ€™s retarded, Haste thought, taking a piece of bubblegum out of his sack and chewing it, but I do hope Horizionโ€™s okay.

โ€œBubblegum isnโ€™t good for you.โ€

โ€œWhat, youโ€™re my doctor now?โ€

โ€œIโ€™m just trying to be a good sister.โ€

Haste rolled his eyes for the second time.

There was a knock on the door.

โ€œWeโ€™re ba-a-ack~!โ€ย 

Carmainerose opened the door.

Requiemroar pranced in, followed by Gloomyrain, Requiemโ€™s self-proclaimed โ€˜favorite personโ€™. The truth was, the sisters werenโ€™t human, although Haste didnโ€™t care. He wasnโ€™t human either.

~~~

There once was an old legend about five sisters.ย 

And how they all died in their own way.

The eldest was burned in a fire, left to die by her once-friend. She survived and has been trying to get revenge ever since.

The second-oldest was betrayed by someone she idolized, and left with a broken heart. Her face is stained with tears.

The middle child was twisted, turned, corrupted to a psychopathโ€™s desire, eventually turned into a monster that strangled people with a smile on her face.

The second-youngest, who was once the victim of cruel rumors, now being reformed into one that tells gossip to lure in the people that made fun of her, and then striking.

And the youngest, who slowly formed into a crazed and wailing girl after the โ€˜deathsโ€™ of her sisters. After getting turned into a banshee with the rest of her siblings, she often sings a funeral tune heard at her sisterโ€™s โ€˜funeralsโ€™ as she tears people apart.

But this is just an old legend, right?

Right?

~~~

Haste never knew either of his parents.

But he didnโ€™t really care, either, to be honest.

His father was a coward. Heโ€™s sure of that. Someone who ran away. Left him to die.

But his mom was a different story.

Haste remembers the song she hummed to him when he was young.

She used to be happy.

But ever since his father left, she left too.

When Haste was younger, he thought it was his fault. Because he was a vampire.

It was not. It was his parentโ€™s fault.

Assassins took Haste in. Assassins trained him to be like them.

He didnโ€™t mind the lessons. It was fun to do their job.

There was this person, who originally saved him. They acted like a dog.

Their name was Cidd, a raven haired boy with two twin daggers. He had annoying friends.

Haste could only remember a pink haired, bratty girl called Coli. She got in his way all the time. Haste hated her.

Thankfully, he wasnโ€™t with herโ€ฆtoday.

He was with the Banshee sisters.

~~~

Carmainerose, eldest, with half-burnt clothes and fire abilities. She was always depressed, but tried not to act like she was. Her hair was red, which was natural. She had forced her younger sisters to wear dresses akin to hers, which was a signature red, although the bottom was scorched and charcoal black.

Mistychain, who butted heads with her older sister all the time, and was usually crying when Haste saw her. Not that Haste cared. He hated her because she whipped him with her water tendrils when he annoyed her. Mistyโ€™s hair had blue edges and was mostly black, to the opposment of Carmainerose. She had a โ€˜maid likeโ€™ wardrobe, though Haste didnโ€™t know what that meant.

Pearlhorizion, the middle one. Haste liked her the most. She wasnโ€™t wailing all the time, she just smiled and Haste thought her poems werenโ€™t bad. She was pretty good at fighting too. Horizon had aโ€ฆsome word starting with an sโ€ฆstereotypical, Haste thought, stereotypical look of a nerd, with the glasses, books, student-like dress (that she modified herself), short hair, and with everything covered in green, usually people would bully her. They wouldnโ€™t be around for much longer after that, though.

Gloomyrain. The quietest one, whoโ€™s yellow eyes glowed in the night, when she was usually active. She never talks to Mistychain unless itโ€™s for the simplest thing, reads books with Pearl, and is constantly bothered by Requiem. She also dressed up like a yellow โ€˜maidโ€™ but only because Misty gave it to her for her birthday. Gloomy didnโ€™t know, though.

Finally, Reqiumroar, with an extremely wild style. A funeral director's hat teeters haphazardly on her head, while her robes, dark purple and black and mostly ripped apart, hang around her feet. Her socks are the wrong colors, while her shoes barely count as shoes at all, with how dirty they are. Despite being the youngest, sheโ€™s the third strongest, and her favorite sister is Gloomyrain, although thatโ€™s only because Roar loves bothering the weakest sister.

~~~

โ€œHaste? Are you here?โ€

Asked a kind voice, floating outside the door.

Haste made a move to get out of the bed before nearly collapsing. Carmainerose steadied him and went to get the door.

Pearlhorzion came in, her face filled with worry, unusual for her. She was usually all smiles, even when hurt.

โ€œOh, is my poor little brother okay?โ€

Haste began to say โ€œIโ€™m not your brother!โ€ when he was cut off by Pearl hugging him.

He sighed and hugged her back.

โ€œAww, you hugged back!โ€ Pearlhorizion said happily, hugging him tighter.

And oh boy am I regretting it. Whatever.

"You recovered from your injuries?"

"Banshees are fast at it." Horizon replied.

Haste nodded, the bed creaking a little under them, while the two were still hugging tightly.

Then Misty came in.

โ€œSorry to interrupt your happy awesome reunion, but we have a problem.โ€

โ€œMind telling what it is?โ€ Her older sister asked.

โ€œWeโ€™ve been attacked by some guards. And I donโ€™t think Rain and Roar can hold out for long, idiot.โ€

Pearl gently let go of Haste, patted his head, and runs out. Carmainerose follows, pushing Mistychain aside. Misty shoves her back.

Haste blows a bubble of gum and pops it, then spins his fingers, making a scythe pop out of it. Itโ€™s bloody red, and three times larger than he is, with the blade alone being the same size as him.

Haste carries it with ease, heading outside to fight the guards with the five sisters.

~~~


Author's note:

The characters here are from Epic Seven, and I do not own any of them, but I did love the banshee sis's so I decided to do a story with them and Haste, who has a good relationship with Pearlhorizion(personally she's my third fav lolol). Here's a photo for reference of all of them, keep in mind that my descriptions are a lil different, xD:




I'll mention their claws more later x3

And yes the title is based off FNaF osdwideuw

Peace! <3


January 31, 2022 06:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

120 comments

Akshara P
16:56 Jan 31, 2022

Ooh! This story was really cool, and very original :D I could picture whatever was happening. Proves how good of a writer you are <3!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Crows_ Garden
12:52 Apr 01, 2022

I knew it was based off of FNaF o ^ o I love the characters, they're all pretty cool. This was a wonderful read, thank you!

Reply

AYYY FNAF FAN ty lol epic seven's pretty good at making them np but i should be thanking you for reading it hehe (so like an uno reverse/j)

Reply

Crows_ Garden
15:49 Apr 01, 2022

A fan's a strong term, however I do enjoy the universe. I believe that. Ha- that's true.

Reply

Crows_ Garden
17:18 Apr 01, 2022

Pfft- I hope you have a good day/night, thank you again for the read <3

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
18:18 Mar 29, 2022

I JUST SAW UR BIO YOU- YOU- YOU KNOW RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IM SO HAPPY LADY DIMITRESCU THO- ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Reply

HOLY SH- YOU KNOW IT TOO?? IM ABOUTTA CRY LIKE FR CRY WAHHHH her...HER.... *dies and revives*

Reply

Show 0 replies
16:02 Apr 18, 2022

SORRY HI YES HER ABD HER DAUGHTERS TOO OMG I THINK BEING HOT IS A GENE IN THE FAMILY

Reply

HEY HAVENT TALKED IN A WHILE LOL BAHAHAH YES IT IS ACTUALLY ALL OF THE LORDS R HOT (not salvatore tho sadly ;_;)

Reply

18:35 May 06, 2022

YEAH RWIWJGIO YES IKRRR (salvatore's.... let's put it at unique for now ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ)

Reply

SDABHSDSDHSHSAH LMAO YESSSS (help ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies

First of all cool story! and second of all it feels like I haven't read any of your stories in monthes LOL. good job tho!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Jexica Marcell
19:41 Feb 02, 2022

I loved how I could just picture in my mind exactly what you wrote. The descriptions and originality was AMAZING!!! Loved it! btw, could u real my newest story? only if you have time :) xoxo, Jexica

Reply

Tysm!!! The character's aren't mine, but the story was xD :D Sure, seeing as you took time to read mine! x3 -Celeste :)

Reply

Show 0 replies

Tysm!!! The character's aren't mine, but the story was xD :D Sure, seeing as you took time to read mine! x3 -Celeste :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Akshara P
16:57 Jan 31, 2022

I didn't recognize who you were- ๐Ÿ˜ช

Reply

Show 1 reply
Unknown User
07:44 Jan 31, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Unknown User
22:21 Jan 31, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Unknown User
23:54 Jan 31, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
18:15 Mar 04, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 1 reply
Unknown User
04:02 Mar 03, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 1 reply
Unknown User
06:23 Feb 25, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 1 reply
Unknown User
02:28 Mar 30, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 1 reply
Unknown User
19:35 Mar 18, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.