2 comments

Christian Fiction Inspirational

Diary Entry #1 The beginning of everything

I was looking into the distance and wondering what was going to happen. The Dream felt like a vapor, it went by so quick maybe I wasn’t cut out for this. I was going to lose the very thing I wanted. College was a drain and continuing into running the pattern was circling in my head. The greatest of these struggles is fear. Fear to lose the dream that was always in my heart. If I go and fail, If i go and become discouraged, If i go and I lose everything. So what's going to happen? It’s a battle to keep on going. As I saw the store full of comics, something inside of me sparkled as I kept walking around. The action and adventure that ran through the walls was something that made my heart leap. Those were the old days as I remembered how nothing can stop me from the dream I had. I Lost my focus, i have to re- gaze my focus. So I looked into screenwriting. 

It was something I least expected. I wanted to pursue the arts but if I knew I did I would have been broke. I’ve drawn a bunch of comics and different things from the art, but I knew I couldn't get a Job with it. I was going to be a starving artist with a cup begging on the streets, but I wanted so much more. I wanted so much more than the life that I had and I didn’t want to be just like everyone in this world. So I set to screenwriting and it became addicted till my hand became weary and burnt out. But with a Dream it becomes unstoppable no matter to those who come around me. Ten thousand can fall on my right hand and thousands on my left but I will still be standing and walking through the fire because the lord is with me wherever I go. He will never leave me nor forsake me.The fire that was supposed to consume me has now not left anything burnt or scorched around me. So I got up and saw the impossible becoming possible and with a Dream you become different. A dream makes you something different. He will part the waters and when everyone around you brings you down you start to look up into the sky. You look up to see someone who is greater in you as he calls you a  ‘CHILD OF GOD’.

As I came across the store a paper hung saying ‘Now hiring’, it was the comic book store that still struck me till this day. I walked in as the guy on the counter chewing on his gum ignored me. I asked him about hiring me and he did without question. No interview, no questions, and not even knowing my name. Just only saying ‘you're hired’.  It was a surprise but you know what I got nothing to lose then. So I organized the comics and read them while in the store. My manager is named Mario and honestly he’s a pretty chill dude. He talked about comics for hours and he honestly had dreams that died a long time ago. He always said I am going to places not in this store but places. God kept me working here until it was time to go and opened unexpected doors for me. So I drew and wrote like there was no tomorrow. My passion was withering and at my weakest he strengthened me. I sat on the corner of the store drawing as a customer came in looking through the comics. She was tall with some sunglasses on. I still had to do my Job so I went up to her and asked, “Excuse me ma'am what kind of comics are you interested in?”. She took a glance and looked back to a comic that she was looking at. “Oh no I just wanted to see if this specific comic was in the store, but I see that you're a fond to comic making as well”.  She looked as she pointed onto the drawings that were on the floor. “Yea those are mine, I’m pretty decent and I do them for fun”. She nodded as she went to the manager and Mario gave a shocked face as he kept talking to her. They ended up both nodding and she gave him a card as she walked out of the store. Mario gave a gleaming smile as he saw me just standing there in confusion. “You're getting to work at marvel!”, he yelled. He proceeded to continue “She saw your artwork on the floor and saw how good they were and she got intrigued, she came to see her comic in the store that she made!”. As I walked up to Mario to look at the card I started to dance and leap around. Is this really happening? Am I dreaming?. I stopped leaping as I went to Mario and asked “Wait how did this happen?”. Mario looked at her and said “She had come here a few times and probably saw your artwork before she got here”. 

In a shock the days passed as I continued to draw. I asked Mario to let me put my comics on the shelf and in doing so the town came flooding into Mario store. It overwhelmed me to the point Mario dreams were coming back again. I did go to Marvel later on as I drew comics and made superheroes. It was so unexpected but it started in a little store in brooklyn from main street.  Never give up on the dream you had. You never know what doors wait or lay on the other side. The moment you give up that's when you fail. Don’t ever give up the passion and gifts that are within you. You want to sing, go for it

You want to dance, go for it

You want to do art, go for it

You want to bake, go for it

You want to be an athlete, go for it

You want to be an author, go for it

You want to dream big, then do it.

Don’t let anyone stop you from the Job or vision you have. God will open the doors for it to come to pass. So don’t give up. Have Courage, Faith, and Hope.

December 15, 2020 16:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Tambra Birkebak
22:42 Dec 28, 2020

Nice story about seeing a dream transforming into reality. Commenting as a reader, I would first most encourage you to break your info into smaller paragraphs, covering a single topic each. That would help us readers with the flow of the story. (i.e., 1 paragraph about the the dream, another about the fear, another about your response, another about God’s part, another about the comic shop, another about getting the job, etc). Keep creative juices flowing ;)

Reply

Show 0 replies
ABINAYA K
14:40 Dec 24, 2020

I like your story

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.