0 comments

Adventure Crime Fiction

Well, I got caught. They caught me red-handed and now I don’t know what to do at this point in time but before we talk about what I got caught for let me catch you up to speed. My name is Jack Wilson I am 14 years old and was born on June 9th, 2400. Now I didn’t have the greatest childhood. I come from a family full of crime. I know boo who so sad well I’m not talking about robbing candy stores and all the boring stuff because that would be a bad excuse. See my family well we have been known for being a family of hitmen. My father was the best and people still think he's the best-hit man I’m sure you know him as “The Man in the suite” which might I say is pretty boring see that's the thing with old people always trying to be professional and have no emotion like there batman Anyways I’m getting off-topic where was I, AH yes I remember so yeah dad was famous hitman blah blah blah. But my mom on the other hand wasn’t a hitman or woman cause I know how people are these days. Well, she was actually a chief which didn’t get my grandpa too happy considering he was a great hitman himself, and trust me you don’t wanna know his code name oh god if you thought a rip off version of the “Man in the yellow hat” was bad Well this old man's name was so bad I don’t even feel comfortable telling you this horrific name. But yea those are my parents My older brother was a hitman who was pretty good but retired when we were only 20 to marry some girl and if you ask me that's just a waste of time. But he was good for the amount of time he did my sister was like my mother and she was a chief which was surprising my dad didn’t even attempt to try to keep her in the family business but it's daddy's little girl so I understand. And now we get to the star of the show, Jack Wilson the 14-year-old prodigy hitman who has as much money as bruce Wayne if he was real but I make a pretty and may I say has never ever let a client down that's why they call me “One in the Chamber” cause all it takes is one shot. But yea I haven’t let no one down which is why my price is so high but if I’m being honest it’s been getting pretty boring. Most of the time I’m getting a job to kill either a son-in-law or someone that my client is jealous of but they go to me because they want a kill confirmation. But it's getting boring. Yea I got all this money but who cares about money I’m 14 what am I going to use my money for taxes bills oh god no anyone who tries to give me bills I just pull out my 1911 and shoot them right in between their eyes. I mean the good thing about being so well known with bad people is that you have a lot of friends so I decided to have a little fun with some of the people in business and play a little game with them of one in the chamber and well I had a great plan to make them play with me.   

 One of my dad's friends was a tech freak so asked him for a little favor which was me sparing his life and not killing him in exchange for his service. I know I'm such a great kid. See I had a little tip that there was going to be an event like the Grammys I know we still have the rigged show. But this was an event of all the great hitman there was and well being the amazing kid I was I wanted to play a little game of One in the Chamber and Now I know what you’re thinking Jack why would anyone listen to you your just a little kid who would listen to you WELL I'M NOT. I mean I’m not just some kid okay I’m the best hit there is out there and I’m only 14 so they will play my game if not I got a little trick up my sleeve. This little event was in 2 weeks and I know the cops would be on my trail if I was stupid and that is where my little tech friend comes in. See as I’m sure you can tell everything we use is used by energy. Ima cut the power to the city's power and have a blackout and leave the city in complete darkness so I can have a little fun with these so-called hitmen.

   Fast forward to today where I'm sure you can tell the day of the event was set and is where I have a little fun with some friends. 

“You ready”. “Yeah, boss Everything is ready for our I mean your game.” Perfect.

I wanted to make a grand entrance but I had to wait for the right moment. Now, this part is pretty boring. At this time the host is telling these jokes and the absence is only laughing because it's being broadcasted. So for our sake, I’ll just skip over these undeserved awards. The last award the best hitmen of the century my dad was on the list but I’m sure he wasn’t going to win considering how this award shows work. And right before they said who won I made my grand entrance. Time went by for the last award and it was time. I dropped in from up top and made my grand entrance .

“Well Well look at who showed up I know you guys miss me John how are the kids HAHAHAHA man it feels good to be the best in the business and Larry no invite after how many people I’ve killed for you I still don’t get an invite let alone you didn’t even mention my name best hitman of the century that's just plain cold. Well since you adults still don’t take me seriously, let's play a game of One in the chamber to see how much better I am than you guys since you guys still treat me like a child.”

“Under each of your seats, there should be some goggles that should help you see in the dark.”

“ Why in the hell would we need to see in the dark.”

“Now!!!” And with just one word the whole city was blacked out”

“Okay good try kid you made it dark but why would we want to play this game with you”

“First of all, I’m not a kid and secondly because if you don’t play then those people you call family will die in the worst way possible” (Everyone in the room gasped.)

I know it's great I kidnapped their families so now they have to play with me. Everyone else didn’t seem to please but they gave in and oh my was I excited to finally show them that I was the best and No one was better than me. Jack Wilson is the greatest hitman mankind has ever seen. It was time to finally have these peasants bow down to me and give me my respect.

“Now all you guys have to do is kill me and you win”

“Wait so we can just team on you and only target you and we all win” 

“Pretty much”

I told them that on purpose I wanted them to team up and make it fun for me cause even they knew I could take each and one of them one on one. And as planned the moment I said go everyone started to let bullets fly at me. They hit everything but me it was a pretty funny sight. Then the bullets stopped. These basalts forgot that this was one in the chamber meaning they had one bullet in their gun.

“ You idiots why do you think it's called one in the chamber alright let's do this again” 

Everybody got there one bullet and we started again man I tell you people these days just can’t get common sense. You know people call me cocky and everyone tells me wow you think you're so much better than everyone else but in reality, I’m just surrounded by idiots. We started again and this time they weren’t as big of idiots this time they tried to form a plan cause the moment I said go instead of being stupid and shooting their bullets and letting me kill them they went in a huddle and formed a plan and being the great kid I am I waited for them to be down. 10 minutes passed by and they finished talking and the moment they broke the huddle Larry took a shot but missed of course so I laughed at him and ran to cover assuming they all were gonna start taking shots caused it was like 20 on 1 and again this is what I wanted because if I killed all the so-called best hitman then no one can tell me I’m not best. One-shot then another and another. I waited and listened and heard a group of about 5 coming from my left. I went behind a chair and aimed and fired. Bang!!! Screams filled the room as Larry dropped dead on the floor. I dashed out of the room laughing because it was pretty funny how this man felt.

  I ran into the kitchen considering I was out of bullets I could get a knife and just merely my way to a win. 4 people ran.

“Search every inch in this place so we can kill this crazy-ass kid.” That comment kinda hurt Ima teenager, not a kid. I was hiding in a vent that was right above the oven. I had 4 knives one for every one of those idiots my plan was to drop right on someone who walked under my vent and when I dropped in someone would shoot their gun I would throw my knife at the idiot then run to his body shot the other dude kill the third guy and leave the guy I knocked out alive just to see that he would do when he woke up. And of course, since I’m amazed what I said happened once someone walked under me I feel on top of him that one idiot shot his gun, threw my knife at him, ran to his body, and killed the other fellow who was just asking to die really didn't see it coming.  The night went on and I killed everyone else without making a sweat. The last three were in the main room and were so helplessly killed the 1st one with one of the pistols I stole from my poor fellow didn’t even see it and the 2nd one just gave in knowing he was gonna die. 

“Well Well look who was last just the man I was looking for and don’t think this was on purpose I thought I killed you a long time ago.”

“Jack why are you doing this man this isn't you your a great young kid why all this.”

“Because no one in this damn industry gives me the respect I deserve I’m the best and no one can admit it just because I'm 14”

“You haven’t earned it yet we’ve been over this the young yea you’ve done so much at your age but not enough”

“Not enough I’ve never disappointed a client, never missed a shot, and never have been caught well I guess those are the perks of being a son on the best or who was the best because after all it is just me and you left and we both know what's about to happen.”

“Well I guess we won’t until we find out son” 

Son? Yea the last man was my dad. Now I know that you're thinking you're willing to kill your own father just to be the best. Well yes and no this sick man took away my childhood I don’t even know how to ride a damn bike. My older brother was able to have a childhood. I see the pictures of him and pops together and my sister wasn’t even pursued to do it. But me no I had until I was 3 couldn’t even make friends and didn’t even go to school. But now I could get back at him. We circled each other like 2 boxers hands on our pistols ready to shoot. We did this for about a minute and I was bored so I acted as I was about to shoot and the old man feels for the bate he dodged to his left and took a shot which almost hit me but the bullet passed right by my eyes and instead of ending it there I shot his leg making him cripiled enjoying this moment watching him die. I had a spare bullet from one of my kills loaded with the gun aimed at him and right as I was about to pull the trigger I heard a sound from the distance. Busted I thought. They were helicopters coming in to get me and as I was about to escape they surrounded the building in seconds flashing their lights at me.

“Don’t shoot the man, drop the gun and put your hands in the air.”  the officers in the plane said 

Now you're caught up I'm caught for the first time and had nowhere to run I checked my surroundings trust me I was stuck now I had 2 options. I could either do what they say, go to court, get life in prison which would be boring or I could kill my dad, get killed by the officers in the coppers, and go down as Jack Wilson, the kid who killed the best of the best.

“You heard em boy put the gun down”

“Well, dad me and you have done some really bad stuff safe to say where both are going to hell but the question is who's gonna get there first.”

“You wouldn’t,” he said 

“See you in hell old man”

May 08, 2021 03:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.