Eden's Charmed life

Submitted into Contest #161 in response to: Write about a character who lives a seemingly charmed life.... view prompt

0 comments

Fiction

Eden is my name and many people have said I live a charmed life filled with magic.I would say my life is filled with lots of love from family and friends, charmed I'm not so sure. We will just have to see.

I've been blessed with the work I do and the people who work for me. We are family first, co-workers second. I've been lucky to share my passion for Art to help those who need color in their life.

Art has helped so many find their way to a better place. Art has comfort people when they were sad or hurt. Art has taught people to believe in themselves and Art has taught people to be creative using their imagination.

I love the way Art makes people feel. I'm fortunate to be able to be an artist and share my passion with others. Besides Art I have many other passions that I share with those who need help. Charmed, I still don't see it.

Rose Hill my quaint small town in the middle of nowhere never use to be as nice as it is now. Why do I say that? Rose Hill use to be a place filled with no color, no imagination, no happiness but now Rose Hill has changed for the better.

Another one of my passions is designing. I love designing new and improved places like the park where the kids are playing. The garden where residents plant flowers. The recreational center where kids and adults can go play basketball, go swimming even watch movies. These new designs helped Rose Hill go from a lackluster town nobody wanted to visit to a beautiful town that is the definition of attractive that everybody wants to visit.

Rose Hill residents credit me for being the one to change their town. They call me their lucky charm. I smile at their compliment but I still don't believe I'm charmed.

I believe there are people in this world blessed with the gift of helping others and I believe I have that gift. First helping people through Art and second fixing the town so the people young and old can enjoy the amazing activities and enjoy each other. These are just two of my passions, there is a lot more to come.

What I love most about Art and designing is teaching kids and adults. I also love to teach them other things as well like reading writing, science, math and many other things. I believe education is at the root of our society, to help our minds grow.

The schools in Rose Hill were not good, in fact it was so poor there wasn't enough money to keep the doors open for an entire school year. When I saw what was happening to our children, I decided to do something about it. I expanded my Art center into an education center where the kids can come to learn new things in science, math, history and so much more.

I watch everyday as the kids come to my Arts and education center not knowing anything and when they leave, the kids leave with a smile and a head full of interesting things.

Again, the residents credit me with turning their kids lives around and once again they call me their lucky charm. I still don't see it. It's just me once agin doing what I love and that is helping people.

It's not just kids I love to teach but also adults. I believe adults need to have just as much fun as their kids do because if they don't they will be boring and stiff. We can't have that.

What I do and what I love to do is go hiking. Rose Hill has many beautiful hiking trails. Two times a week I take as many adults hiking up the trails. At, first they are hesitant to go. I encourage them to try and they try. I see it on their faces that they are enjoying themselves.

When we get down from the mountain I see relax and happy they are. The people thank me and say I'm their lucky charm or my favorite Eden, you know magic because you cast a spell on us every single day. I love these people they know how to make me laugh.

I don't believe in magic like casting spells. I believe magic lies within each of us to change for the better and to change the world. There is magic all around us we just have to be brave enough to find it. My life hasn't always been filled with happiness like it is now. I worked hard to get to this point. I love to help people and make them smile.

There is one bit of magic the people of Rose Hill deserve and I'm going to make it happen. This is what makes me happy and you can say somewhat lucky.

I've planned everything right down to the last detail. The people are going to be so excited to see what I've done for them. I know what they are going to call me and I'm ready for it.

What I planned is for an end of the year Carnival filled with all the trimmings. Nobody in Rose Hill is going to know what hit them. This Carnival I've been planning for weeks.

After all I've giving them through my Arts and education center, the hiking trips and the design for the new and improved Rose Hill, this is the last piece of the puzzle for the good people of Rose Hill. This is my way of saying to the town I love you.

I sill don't believe even after changing the lives of the people of Rose Hill that I lived what they call lucky or charmed life. I've said it so many times that I want to believe I'm charmed or my life is charmed, the way I see myself different from the way Rose Hill sees me.

Helping those who need my help is what my makes my life charmed, not the people thanking me for what I did for them. For this last gift I don't want a thanks I want the people to have fun, to be happy and continue to live that way. I want the people of Rose Hill to live a charmed life.

So, I have arranged for the Carnival to be set up tonight and by morning the people will see a beautiful sight. I can wait to see their faces. It's going to be magical.

Everything is set up for tomorrow. Wow, it all looks so beautiful. I can't believe I've done it. Now I'm going to put my touch on the Carnival. I've placed along the entrance to the Carnival my Art work to show the people how much I care for them. Now the Carnival is even more beautiful.

The morning sun is breaking through Rose Hill. I smile watching the sun rise above the mountains. Time to get ready and await the people. Today is going to be so much fun.

It's a little after 9am, Rose Hill is coming alive. One by one the people are coming out of their homes and seeing the beautiful sight in front of them. I see the looks on their faces and its looks of pure joy. Seeing their faces so happy is what living a charmed life is all about.

I walk around the Carnival watching the people young and old having fun and not worrying about what will happen next. I know the people of Rose Hill will continue to do everything I taught them.

"You did it again Eden." I smile at what my close friend Allie tells me. I get a few more words of thanks, this is great. You did it once again. This is again me being me.

Allie is one of the many residents of Rose Hill I have been blessed to know and blessed to help. Allie is one of many I have helped and I love it and I won't stop helping.

I watch from afar as the people I've come to love and care for are living charmed lives. For me this is what living a charmed life is all about. Helping people, changing people's lives is what living a charmed life is all about.

Never forget living a charmed life is not about you but how you help others and change their lives.

I know at this very moment I'm living my charmed life. The question is Are you living your charmed life?

September 01, 2022 18:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.