0 comments

Friendship Kids Sad

" its okay to cry Pete " My bestfriend Michael comforted me as my tears kept flowing like a waterfall , a waterfall that pours its sadness in my soul. I miss my mama. Just last night I was getting ready to bed whilst my mama was reading me a bed time story as I hug my teddy bear, now I am inside a train with my cabin having five other boys headed to a "safer place" they said, the only thing that has not changed is the fact that Im still hugging my teddy. 


Michael is a year older than everybody else inside the cabin, but he is my bestfriend and he had comforted and reassured me because the other boys thinks that boys should not cry and crying is for the weak, but how can I ever help it? I am scared, the war has broken out , everywhere is dangerous, I am not certain we're even headed to a safe place. I hugged my teddy tighter at the thought.


Hours later , the moon showed itself and it was night time again, I am sure everybody wants to stretch their legs and sleep in a comfortable bed filled with soft pillows, but here we are now confounded in this cabin. I leaned my head to the window as a sigh escaped my lips. I was just about to close my eyes for slumber when I heard quiet sobs. I turned to look at the boy in front of me, he had a brown hair and a runny nose with snot, then I remembered he used to say that crying was for the weak! but i cant blame him, he must miss his family.


I woke up as the bright sun had engulfed his light on my eyes and partly because the train was bumpy and the cabin was so noisy, I tried to register the sounds I heard as i slowly opened my eyes. Once I fully opened my eyes, all the other boys were crying and weeping! I was in shock, even Michael was crying.  


" I dreamt of my brother last night, Im scared he has to go to w-war"


" Oh How I miss my mother!"


" I wanna go back- Oh can we ever go back alive! No!"


Everybody's weeping, wailing and sobbing had made me tear up as well, we're innocent children! the brown haired boy tapped my shoulder and introduced himself, " My name is George Wright, I think you are really brave to cry, I am sorry for saying that-" I had to engulf him in a hug as his compliment overwhelmed me, we're now crying on each other's shoulder, our shirts covered in tears and snots! " we'll be alright in time" Michael said.


Everyone's stomach was was grumbling and making noises like a hungry gorilla, we are indeed hungry gorillas! Then i remembered, I had sneaked a few biscuits. I slowly grabbed my trunk from the compartment above our seat, unlocked it, ( while everybody was staring at me) and finally i saw my biscuits after a minute of rummaging. 


" are those b-biscuits?" a younger red head boy asked, to which i nodded. Everybody had eyes like a monkey had spotted a banana, "I'll share with everyone, alright." 


I then stretched my hands and everybody was eager to reach out their hands and grab the biscuit, and they certainly did.


everybody was quietly munching their biscuits, not until a fight broke down. The younger boy reached out his hands when George slightly slapped it away, The younger boy was offended and raging madness was painted in his face. On the other hand, George smugly ate the biscuit and chuckled at the younger boy, when the boy beside him took a bite of his biscuit when he was too busy chuckling at the younger boy. Everyone laughed, including me! 


I might've laughed too hard , George glared at me ,grabbed a biscuit and licked the chocolate and guess what happened next? He wiped the biscuit to my face! I had to get revenge and so I did the same thing except I chose the biscuit with chocolate spreading! Everyone busted in fits of laughter as George's face was now covered in chocolate. George then threw biscuits at the other boys, excitement filled the cabin as everyone was growling for revenge at each other.


Everyone stumbled in the crowded but small cabin as they reached for each other's faces to rub chocolate spreading, Michael even broke the upper shelve when I tried reaching him. The cabin was filled with tears and sobs no more for it was now filled with squeals, screams, and biscuits! all of us boys jumped on the seats as we squeal for excitement.


Our trousers had chocolate spreading all over it, ants would crawl over us, the younger boy said. And our faces, you should have seen our faces, filled with snots from crying earlier mixed with chocolate and vanilla spreading! 


~ 30 years later ~

" It's okay to smile Pete" George patted my shoulder as we reminisce our food fight for old time's sake . It's been so hard to force my muscles to smile and my soul to uplift my spirits, not after the war. The war that had caused many innocent lives to suffer, my dear Michael, red head boy and the two others will be missed. 


Was it really okay to smile now? I don't think so...


But my thought betrayed itself, once my eyes diverted itself from my fingers to the window. My cruel thought betrayed me again, once I looked at the scenery from the cabin's window. My eyes glimmered as I saw a field ever so green, filled with flowers of all colors, blue, red and yellow. The world was now in peace, as the grass danced with the wind and the sun greeted the flowers. Oh how I would love to be young again and run towards the field as the grass would tickle me.  Then for the last time my thought betrayed me when I saw a mud, which reminded me of chocolates!


Michael was right, We'll be alright in time. 



April 22, 2021 13:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.