1 comment

Fiction Science Fiction Fantasy

   It was the day after Christmas, I remember because it was her birthday and she wanted to celebrate by going dawn patrol surfing. She woke up early, saw there were waves, and headed out alone. I began watching her intently months ago, as we have technology on the Rings that allows us to view every human on Earth, and it just signaled she had less than an hour to live. The Council had just met, and I was the one who volunteered to go. The time for me to return to Earth and start the mission was near at hand, and based on her manner of death, hers was a viable body to use.

   The air temperature was below freezing that morning at Matanzas, and no cars were in the parking lo yet. She knew she had to muster all her strength because it was cold and drifty out there. So, she threw back the last of her coffee and blasted The Kill one last time to get her pumped up for the paddle out. She now had thirty minutes left to live - time for me to get to the lab. In my life, the one I'm leaving behind in about twenty-nine minutes or so, I am of the Fifth Density Order, High General Geotablé of the Octavian Council, and I reside as an energetic imprint on the Rings of Saturn. The Octavian Council is made up of members of all the higher order societies which come together to guide the evolutionary courses of the lower vibrational planets. Earth is such a planet.  Our interest here is karmic - as all of life is intrinsically interconnected. Quite simply, our higher vibrational societies cannot evolve unless the octave evolves as a whole. The Council only intervenes if an impending cataclysm is detected and it’s seen the society will not survive without aid, and such a devastating solar event is set to occur in two Earth’s years, one which decimates life on all four of the inner planets. As I said before, I exist on the Rings of Saturn as an energetic imprint, a conscious point of light, a form that is not suitable for interaction with life on Earth. Since we do not have much time, I am entering an adult body instead of at fetal inception within a womb. This involves great risk because space-time ripples and the window to take over a deceased body, and, more importantly, have it live after possession is made, is exceedingly small – and the surfer’s window is closing in fast. I have to get to the lab straight away! Right about now the surfer is developing the hypothermia that will ultimately take her life. Her body is completely numb, and her mind, instead of telling her to paddle in, hears only music while a pleasant warmth washes over her as she floats farther and farther out to sea. She only has minutes left to live now. I chose her because she dies so peacefully, and her body is not harmed. Once I enter the field beam generator, it will beam me and my encoded mission - which will be embedded in her DNA upon entry - to her exact position, and the moment her soul leaves the corpse, my consciousness will merge with hers, and the energy I am will seamlessly animate her body. Hopefully causing an impact forceful enough to jump start her heart. Then I become Michele.

    The only thing of Michele’s past I can remember is the sound of the music that lulled her out to sea. Like angels playing harps. The minute I took over her body I was slammed onto the surfboard, where I promptly fell off and found myself treading some very cold water. I was shivering uncontrollably. I had to get out of the ocean fast, so I just started paddling toward land with two arms that felt like numb tree logs. It took forever to drag myself onto the shore. I have not felt exhaustion like that in quite a long while as the human body is so heavy and cumbersome compared to mine. I also had no feeling in my hands or feet. Seashells crunched like potato chips under my bare feet, but I could not feel a thing. I walked north because the drift was going south, and eventually I saw a lone car parked above the beach. When I got to the door, I pulled down my wetsuit and tried to get the key out of the pocket, but my hands would not move. No matter how hard I stared down at them, willing them to wiggle, they wouldn't budge! All I could do was stand there and try to warm them up if I was going anywhere, so I alternated between blowing on them and squeezing them into my armpits. Finally, a half hour later, my fingers bent enough so I could retrieve the key, then fumble it into the lock, get the door open, then fumble it into the ignition, and get it turned over. Then I had to figure out where home was.

   Under the seat I found Michele’s, I mean my wallet, and saw the license had an Anastasia Island address on it, so I headed there straight away. I was dying for a hot bath!  Bad taste I know. Because of the energy transfer, I do not have access to any of Michele’s memories. However, once she was targeted as a viable vessel, I watched her for months - taking note of the basic information I would need to convincingly interact with her family and friends. This information, along with the details of my mission, were downloaded onto her junk DNA. There is also an exit program embedded. Once the solar event happens, I will surge my energetic imprint until it overwhelms the capacity of this body, then the molecules of Michele’s physicality will implode on itself releasing my being while simultaneously becoming a portal for me to return to the Rings through. The countdown has started. I have two years to use Michele’s form to convince your society a solar event is coming no one currently on Earth is going to survive if they do not heed my warning. The sun will soon emit a gamma burst that completely irradiates all four inner planets - and the only ones with any chance of survival will be the ones who listen and learn how to weave golden cloth as I have come here to teach. All the nations of Earth must come together. All the gold on your planet has to melted down immediately and be used to weave fabrics and wall coverings in a specific manner and pattern.  The weight is on my shoulders. I volunteered for this mission, as High General of the Octavian Council, to convince Earth’s governments, treasuries, and peoples to use all their accumulated gold to weave the cloth needed to survive - and also what zones to build out caves in, and how to line the walls in gold. Only the humans with this technology in place will survive the event. I don’t know exactly what kind of person Michele was in life, but I pray she is of a form humanity will listen to and believe. May all citizens of Earth, and all future generations to come, celebrate this woman’s life - always remembering the birthday sacrifice she made for them. May humans never forget the vital role she played in ensuring the evolution of your species. 

October 03, 2020 04:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Rayhan Hidayat
03:59 Oct 11, 2020

I’m in awe of how creative this is—seriously, your imagination is wild. And the descriptions were very vivid—the seashells crunching like potato chips for instance. I think my only suggestion is to avoid info dumps if possible. I get that there are a lot of heavy sci-fi concepts here but weaving them into the plot instead of writing entire paragraphs of explanation is always more enjoyable for the reader. It can be difficult to pull off though, so I don’t blame you. Anyway, I enjoyed this! What an awesome first submission, and keep it ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.