1 comment

Christian Fiction

It was a long time ago when the dust settle in the eyes of a young energetic boy named, Prince. He never knew that the shadow of the dark has a secret place for him.


It all started when Prince was a little child, he lived with his parents in a nearby community not too far from his school. Prince was a good boy at home but sometimes when he goes to school, he miss behave and fright with his friends, his parents never knew that he was growing up badly. One morning, Prince left his house very sad. His father denied him from bringing lunch to school. saying he was a big boy now. That day was like a hell for Prince, he grieve in his heart while on his way to school. At school, Prince was very quiet he sat in his seat and listen to his teacher like he was so curious to learn But nothing was entering his head. He was not focus.

During recess everyone went out to eat and play but Prince was not thinking on recess, he was thinking on trouble but no one disturb him or look for this problem. While sitting he decided to play ball with his friends. While playing Prince kick one of his friends leg and didn't say, I'm sorry. Now everyone on the field knew he was up to something. After a while, Prince kicked the ball with the intention of scoring but the ball went in the bush. He knew that he was suppose to go for the ball but he said he was not going for it. In a twinkle of an eye one of the boys hit his head and said go for the ball but Prince ignore him. Another boy came and hit him in the chest, saying we need our ball back. With the two hits from the boys, Prince went at the back of the school building in a desperate anger. He took pieces of rocks in his hand with the intention of hurting any of the boys. He came running from the back of the school building and landed in front of the boys. With a brave heart, Prince took a rock and hit the head of the boy that hit him on his head and he ran away. He was not feeling sorry for what he did. Prince left the school and ran home.When he reach home he met his mother cooking in the kitchen. Hello mama, he said. Why are you back from school so soon, his mother asked. I'm not feeling too well, he said. His mother told him to go inside and rest a little bit.


Prince slept till the evening, when he woke up he ate his food and went to play. Not too long his father came from work. His father was angry with him but he didn't show it on his face. While at work, the school principal call and told him what his son did.

Prince enjoy his playing, when he return home from playing his father told him that he wants to see him after he finish bathing.

Now his mother was concern. She ask her husband what was the problem. Her husband told her what the principal told him and she also told her husband the exact time Prince return from school. Now they both knew that their son has cause trouble. Prince never knew both his parents were angry with him. After taking bath he came to his dad. His mother could no longer hold her anger. She came asking, what happened on campus today? When Prince heard the question he was boxed in the corner. His face change and he couldn't say a word. His father stood up, took his belt and started beating him. Prince cried with the loudest voice, no one came to his rescure. His mother didn't say a word while his father was beating him. Prince was punished by his parents and he promise to not do such again. The next day he went to school, the dean of students punish him and he apologize to his friends and promise to not do that again. Now it was Christmas, Prince told his parents that he wanted to see the catholic priest. His parents was surprise to hear that. His mother ask him, what's the problem ? He said, I want to confess my sin and be a new person from now onwards. With what he said his parents was happy. His parents carry him to the priest and he confess his son. The priest advice him and told him that it was a good idea, to confess and be a new person. New year came and Prince made his resolution to God, that he is now a new person and he's not going back again.


From that day Prince was a new person, his friends on campus admire his new behavior and they were all happy together. At home his friends were all glad to see how amazing it was to make such a decision. Prince now became the most intelligent boy in the community. At school Prince score the highest in the major subjects and at the end of the year he got a double promotion. His other friends could not believe what was happening, they were shock. Now Prince was an example shown to every child who was growing up with a bad behavior. They watch his steps and everything became fine for them.

Prince has made his parents proud and his parents was happy for him. One day at school a group of White missionaries came looking for good students, inorder to put them on scholarship. Luckily for Prince he was selected and in a month time the missionaries took him europe. His mother and father was now more then happy for their son, they pray all day for him and he never one day thought of letting them down. After some years, Prince came back home with a Master in agriculture. In no time he got a good job and change his parents live. Now, after all the suffering and pains they live happily together.


January 08, 2021 17:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

18:20 Jan 08, 2021

This story is all about how sometimes children go out of the way. And they need punishment inorder to be on the straight path.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.