408 comments

Fantasy Funny Kids

Author’s note: this story uses the same character’s as my previous story, ‘Can You?’. While it’s perfectly fine to read this story by itself, it might be more enjoyable and maybe more sense if you read ‘Can You?’ first. Thanks for reading, and ENJOY!



~*~ℝ𝕠𝕤𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕖~*~


“How’re you holding up?” Samantha whispers.

“Could be better,” I reply.

My gaze wanders over the multi-purpose room. We don’t have prom in ninth grade—we have a ‘DJ Dance Party’. 

It’s exactly what it sounds like: ninth graders pile into our glammed-up cafeteria, with the tables pushed up, the lights out, a disco ball attached to the ceiling, a DJ, and way too many glow-sticks.

The DJ Dance Party is loud and filled with people—kids who seem to have a knack for talking my ear off. Not my kind of night.

Most people like the social outing. But I’m like a meme I've read: I’m not prejudiced; I dislike everybody. People are really annoying—minus Samantha, that is.

It’s been a couple months since my best friend learned I had powers. She’s the only person who knows, and I intend on keeping it that way. Sammy’s sworn to secrecy, and I’m actually glad I told her. She looks out for me as a person, and a magical person. But mainly the first: we’ve been besties for a while. For instance, she’ll check on me every now and then at this dreaded dance party she made me come to.

“It’ll be fun,” she said.

“You need to be more social,” she said.

“Just give it a shot,” she said.

Sorry, Samantha, but this isn’t fun, and I’m perfectly content with only ever talking to you. I don’t even live with my family—ever since I was banished from the Enchanted Academy, I live by myself in a home only accessible by magic.

“Did you hear it?”

“Hear what?” I say, staring into the green eyes of my brown-haired friend. We’re leaning against the wall, watching everybody party.

“There’s a new kid at school,” Sammy says. “Her name’s…Margarita, I think.”

My blue eyes are probably the size of dollar coins. Margarita. I know a ‘Margarita’. She’s the girl who used to be my friend at the Enchanted Academy…before she got us both banished. 

It’s best if I forget about her. 

Besides, this is a different Margarita! My friend Mara couldn’t be here. It’s not the most common name, but there are over 100,000 Margaritas in the USA alone. Yup, it’s a different girl.

“She's over there, so I’m going to go talk to her,” Sammy continues. “Be back in a sec.”

She walks away and I’m left in a crown of partying teenagers. I stride towards the food table and I’m sipping on some punch when Samantha returns, a girl with a black hoodie and jeans next to her.

“Margarita, Rosalee,” Sammy says. “Rosalee, Margarita.”

The girl’s hood slips off and I resist gasping. She has thick, curly brown hair falling to her shoulders, and the bottom half is chock-full with streaks of red. She has brown eyes with a smattering of freckles thrown across her nose, her full lips wearing a playful smile.

The smile disappears when she sees me.

It’s her.

Margarita Draanen.

Are you kidding?!

Samantha’s grin wavers. “Guys, do you know each other? Or is something else wrong? ‘Cause you both froze up…Um, okay, this is awkward.”

“Sorry,” I say, shaking my head to get rid of the feeling. “No, we don’t know each other. Hi, Margarita.” I stick my hand out to shake—something I hate doing.

Her smile returns as she takes my hand. “Yeah, we don’t know each other. Hullo,” she says in her faint British accent. “Nice to meet you, Rosalee. You can call me Mara.”

I nod and back away from my friend and ex-friend.

Margarita Draanen is here. Seriously?!

This is a recipe for disaster, I think.

This night has taken an unexpected twist….


~*~мαrɢαrιтα~*~


I can’t believe this.

I can’t freakin’ believe this.

Rosalee Adams is here!

That girl and I have a…rocky relationship. We both attended the Enchanted Academy, a place where we and dozens of other teens with powers learned to master and control our magic.

Rose and I were close friends. Until…the incident.

I’m a rash person with a hot head and strong emotions. Magic has direct ties to feelings, and I’m really bad at controlling both. 

At EA, we learned that anytime we feel a strong emotion, magic can happen accidentally. Everyone mastered shutting down the magic when they felt happiness, sadness, excitement and more until called upon.

Everyone but me.

Rosalee and I didn’t think that was a problem until I got mad at her. And I felt an emotion, accidentally did magic, and one thing led to another until we were both kicked out of EA.

I vowed to forget about her.

But now she’s here?

At the same school the EA placed me in (even after we leave the academy, they still keep close tabs on its magical students by assigning us new schools) after I got kicked out of my other private middle school?

You’ve got to be kidding.

But I’m not going to get involved with Rosalee Adams. Nope. I’m going to ignore her, ignore my magic, and try to be a normal fifteen-year-old. Rosalee might exist, but I’m going to forget her as my ex-bestie. She’s just another non-magical human.

Okay. All that leaves is to ignore everybody else at this blasted party.

I despise parties. And people. I hate all these teens crowded into this noisy place—I dislike the people and the situation, I mean. It’s overwhelming and I’m afraid of what I’m going to feel and do if I hang around too long. 

Pretty much everybody at the EA is introverted at first, and doesn’t like parties and other gatherings because of emotions, but most adapted and now enjoy them.

Not me.

I want to, need to, get out of here. But it's barely eight p.m. Going home now would definitely be weird compared to the teens who dance till eleven, and I am trying to fit in…. 

No, I think. I can stand embarrassment if it keeps everybody safe from my stupid magic.

“Where’d Rosalee go?” Samantha wonders.

“I don’t know,” I say.

“She doesn't like large gatherings. Do you?”

“I’m going home in ten minutes,” I mutter, and only after the words come out of my mouth do I realize I’ve answered her question.

“Already, Margarita?” She frowns. 

“Yeah,” I say, taking a deep breath. “I’m going to go to the bathroom. Be right back.” I flip my red hair and march off.

It’s a wonder what empty hallways can do to you. As soon as I step out of the muti-purpose room, with all its action and madness, and into the deserted, air-condition hallways, I feel way more relaxed. 

I only got to this private school yesterday, so it takes me a moment to find the bathroom. As soon as I step into the restroom, I glance up into the mirror. My pale face is clammy with sweat.

I just want this night to be over.


~*~ℝ𝕠𝕤𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕖~*~


I watch Margarita disappear into the bathroom. By now, I’m just wandering the halls, migrating from place to place. The party’s too overwhelming—sorry, Sammy.

I wonder if Mara really has to use the bathroom, or is just trying to escape from the crazed teenagers. It could be both—lots of EA students and ex-EA students are introverted and dislike loads of people.

Especially Margarita.

I recall the day we both got kicked out. Mara and I were going to lunch when we got into an argument about…something. I forget. It’s barely been half a year, but I’ve been trying to forget about her—and it was working until now.

Anyways, Mara being Mara, she couldn’t stifle the magic woven into her emotions. She started doing magic—fight magic.

Fight magic is illegal at the EA.

And it was aimed at me.

Any fighting is illegal at the EA.

Margarita was—is—one of the most powerful EA students ever; she got her magic straight from raw emotions. But she couldn’t control her powers because of that.

I know she didn’t mean to start using fight magic, but she was—and she was about to hurt me.

I remember my strawberry-blond curls swinging in my face as I countered the magic with my own. I was barely fighting—just defense against Mara’s powerful fight magic.

The headmaster didn’t care.

Margarita got kicked out and so did I. To different schools.

But now…the same school.

What was our headmaster thinking when he thought it was a good idea to place Margarita and me together again? 

Whatever the reason, she’s here now.

Samantha seems to like her. That’s…good. But my friend can’t know I know Mara. I don’t know why, but she can’t. Sammy has no idea Margarita is magic, too. Which also means Margarita has no idea that Sammy knows I have magic. 

Hmmm….

“Hi, Rosalee,” Samantha says.

I jump and glance to my left. Sammy’s standing there, her greens eyes darting around. “Why’re you here? What ever happened to giving the DJ Dance Party a shot?”

I shrug. “Too many people.”

“Come on, Rosalee! You’re a teenager. This is fun!”

“Too many people,” I repeat.

“But—”

“Sammy, go away,” I groan.

“Fine,” she huffs. “Maybe I’ll go tell Margarita to stay. She’s leaving soon—she seems to hate parties like you.”

“You’re not going to be able to convince her to stay.”

Sammy gives me a funny look. “Why? And how would you know? You just met her.”

“Yeah, I know,” I say. “But I have a feeling she’s still going to”—I flick my wrists—“vamoose. I’d say just leave her alone.”

“You know,” Samantha says, “I think you’re jealous.

Of Mara?

“Nope,” I say, popping the ‘p’ sound.

“Mmhmm,” Sammy eyes me. “I’m going to go walk Margarita home. ’Night, Rosalee.”

“’Night, Sammy,” I echo.

She walks off to wait for Margarita.

I stand there and observe as Mara comes out of the bathroom. She and Samantha chat—it seems like Mara doesn’t want to be walked home (duh, I think. If she’s living like me, she’ll need magic to get home.) but Sammy insists. Margarita finally sighs and leads Sammy off.

I start to trot after them.


~*~мαrɢαrιтα~*~


“It’s a nice night, isn’t it?” 

I let out a breath out of the corner of my mouth. “Yeah.”

In truth, it does feel pretty good. The winter air is barely 40°, but I don’t wear any coat besides my hoodie—which I take off. The cool breeze feels amazing against my skin, especially after the hot, stuffy dance party.

“You can let me walk from here,” I tell Samantha.

“No, it’s okay,” she insists.

I inwardly groan. I need to use my magic to get home, and Samantha can’t see. I need to ditch her before the next block—I can enter my house from the woods, and the trees lining the sidewalk are about to end.

I stop. “No, seriously, please let me walk home alone.”

Sammy glances at me uncertainly. “Um, fine.”

I pick up the pace and am relieved to hear no footsteps follow. Samantha must’ve gone back to the school.

I continue my brisk trot until I reach the path into the woods. I walk into the forest and breathe a sigh of relief. I’m safe. 

No kids, no noise, not a single person to hurt with my magic.

My feet sink into the ground a little as I walk through the forest. The trees make freaky shapes in the darkness of 8:30 p.m., but I don’t care.

I eventually reach the clearing. I walk up to the tree I enchanted and glance at the hole in it’s trunk. Time to open the portal.

I wave my hand around the forest and the nearby plants wither as I suck the water out of them. “Sorry,” I whisper as a huge ball of water, easily a couple gallons, hovers above my palms.

The way I open the portal is by shooting water into the knot. I’m about to use my hands and magic as a water gun when I hear something.

Crack.

Something, stepping on a twig.

I whip my head around. If it’s an animal, I’m fine. If it’s a human—well, I’m doing magic. I hope it’s not a human.

Naturally, it’s a human.

“Margarita?” A voice calls.

I pale and turn around until I see Samantha standing on the path. The moon casts a sheet of white across her body, illuminating her startled expression. “You’re doing magic,” she breathes.

Instead of dropping the water, I do something way worse.

Panic builds up inside of me as I shift my gaze from her, to the floating patch of water, from her, to the water. I’m shaking and breathing way too quickly as I steady my hands.

But the pressure inside is too much.

I cry out and shoot the water at her.

Splash.

“AH!”

Crackle.

“AHHH!”

My eyes are shut tight and I don’t want to open them for fear of what I did. But I have to see the damage I just caused.

I slowly blink my eyes open.

Samantha is frozen, a coat of ice covering her entire body neck-down.

I’m hoping that’s the end of it when I see something else I did without realizing it:

Dozens of floating knives made of ice, positioned around Sammy’s head. 


~*~ℝ𝕠𝕤𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕖~*~


My feet pound on the ground as I run down the path.

I was just leisurely going after Samantha, to talk to her and repeat I’m not jealous of Margarita, when I hear screams.

Sammy’s screams.

So now I’m jogging, running, sprinting to the clearing I know is at the end of this trail. It’s the one I go to to practice my magic—the other clearing by the playground is the one I use at recess.

“SAMANTHA!” I yell. “I’M COMING!”

I burst into the clearing to see Mara, her brown eyes wide and a startled expression planted onto her face, backing into a tree.

Opposite from her—Sammy, frozen in ice, with knives hovering above her head.

Margarita seems to be trying to undo the magic, but it’s not working. Margarita’s not great at controlling her powers, when she uses them or has to fix the effects, so I’m worried. “Stop,” I say. “You’ll just make it worse.”

I ignore Mara’s eyes as I run up to Samantha.

I flick my wrists, and a second later, all the ice is just a pool of water at our feet. I hug Sammy and she hugs me back. “Thank you,” she says.

“I’m so glad you’re okay.”

Samantha pulls out of the hug and stares at Margarita. “You have…powers.”

“And you saw,” Margarita says miserably.

Mara jogs over to me and grabs my hand. She starts pulling me away but I rip my hand away. “We need to go,” Margarita tells me. “Samantha saw. We have to get out of here. Probably erase her memory, too.”

“Nobody’s erasing anybody's memory,” I say firmly.

“Rosalee, I know she’s your friend, she knows we have—”

“She already knew we have powers,” I say. “At least, that I have powers. Sammy’s known for months. She’s not going to rat us out.”

Samantha nods. “I would never.” She peers closer at Mara. “So. You have magic, too. And…Rosalee seems to know that already.” She backs up and gives a knowing look. “You guys have met before, haven't you?” 

Margarita and I exchange looks.

“…Yeah,” I say.

“But it’s a bit more complicated than that,” Mara agrees.

Samantha looks at me suspiciously. “Rosalee…?”

“We have a lot to explain. But let’s start with the Enchanted Academy.”


*


“So,” I say, “mind blown, right?”

Sammy shrugs. “I wouldn’t say my mind is blown, but if I were a robot, I’d be saying ‘beep-boop-bop, circuits overheating’.”

Margarita and I laugh and Sammy joins in, before abruptly stopping.

“Hold on,” Samantha says. “Let me get this straight.” She turns to me. “You and Margarita went to school at this place called the… Enchanted Academy, a place for other teens with powers. You two were best friends, until Margarita's magic got out of control, you magic-battled, and you both got expelled. Banished. Whatever. And, here, Margarita’s magic got out of control again, because she didn’t know I’m already aware of magic.”

“Right. Sorry,” Mara apologized for the millionth time.

Samantha grinned. “Don't be. It’s fine.”

“You call frozen in place with knives over your head fine?” I throw my hands up. “Wow, Sammy. Just…wow.”

“Still,” Margarita says to my friend. “I owe you one.” The red-haired girl checks her watch. “It’s not even nine p.m.. Do you guys want to go get ice cream? I’ll pay.” 

Sammy looked like she wanted to protest but Margarita mouths, Again, I owe you one!

“Sounds good,” I smirk.

“Umm….”

Margarita side-eyes Samantha. “What?”

“I just got frozen in ice. Let’s skip the ice cream, please.”

Mara chuckles. “Riiight. Does bubble tea sound good?” 

“Yup,” Samantha says.

The two set off down the trail but don’t follow yet. I scan my surroundings. It’s chilly but I don’t mind. The full moon sports a halo of silky white light, and glittering stars are scattered against their blue-black backdrop.

I step into the path and start walking out of the woods, the only sound being the birds tweeting and my friends’ laughter ringing up ahead.

August 26, 2020 20:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

408 comments

20:11 Aug 26, 2020

Hi, guys! Like usual, a couple notes: 1. As I said in the note, this story uses the same characters as ‘Can You?’ plus Margarita. I’ve got to admit, I like this trio and the magic aspect. Expect more of Samantha, Rosalee, and Margarita! 2. Right. Margarita. Weird name, but weird is just another word for unique. PICKING UNCOMMON NAME IS SO FUUUUUUUUN! 3. YAY! I’m so proud! This story is not 3,000 words! Seriously, it’s SUCH a relief to not have to: a) cram the ending in there, b) realize, to my demise, it’s still over 3,000 words, c...

Reply

Avery G.
17:09 Aug 29, 2020

😊😉😜

Reply

17:11 Aug 29, 2020

Thanks? 😂😂😂

Reply

Avery G.
17:11 Aug 29, 2020

You're welcome! Those were the emoji things!!! Yeah, I read the daily clusters:)

Reply

17:13 Aug 29, 2020

OHHHHHH MY GOOOOD I AM SO FREAKIN’ STUPIIIIIID I FORGOOOOOT All of today, I’ve been receiving emojis. I forgot what that meant. SORRRRRY Ima go send this to everybody now...sorry guys!! Forgot! Excuse my stupidness!

Reply

Avery G.
17:38 Aug 29, 2020

Lol! No, it's totally okay!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Avery G.
02:38 Aug 31, 2020

Oh, and people have been downvoting you a lot? I'm super sorry. :(:( I'll go on an upvoting spree, now!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Avery G.
03:13 Aug 31, 2020

Okay, done! I upvoted you 300+ points! It's past my bedtime now, so good night! P.S. I know you live in the eastern-time zone! I'm in the pacific, so I'm sure you are asleep now! :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Niveeidha Palani
01:45 Aug 31, 2020

Hi Aerin! Congratulations on 2nd placeee!!! You deserved it. Hang on, lemme answer regarding all your notes. 1. No worries, everyone uses the same characters. (I think I already said this one before) 2. Yea, Margarita sounds so...I don't know, cheesy? (Lol, it reminds me of margarita pizza. 🍕🍕🍕🍕 3. Whoa! I've never had Reedsy telling me I had too many words, lol. I've had Reedsy telling me I've had too little words. 😂😂😂 4. No, don't pressure yourself Aerin! The ending was so good! Usually, most people end with a profoundly twist ...

Reply

11:49 Aug 31, 2020

Thank you so muuuuch!! Yay, chocolate!

Reply

Niveeidha Palani
21:52 Sep 01, 2020

No problem :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
15:27 Aug 27, 2020

Great story as always! I love the ending. Just one thing: I was a little curious as to where Ash and that other girl, Samantha's previous best friends went. I understand if she got close with Rosalee, and obviously, her other friends don't know of Rosalee's powers, but did she just ditch them? That was sorta at the back of my head while reading, but other than that no problems. Great job, and looking forward to more :D ~A {hehe}

Reply

16:39 Aug 27, 2020

Thanks! Yup, Melody and Asher. Samantha didn’t ditch them, she just hangs out with them at different times than Rosalee. She’s friends with em’ all they just didn’t appear in this story ;) Thank you! ~A, also (HEHEHEHEHE) P. S. Here’s a new spy mission if you want to take it ;) https://forms.gle/j2BRdqrJnS3aaLhUA

Reply

Amany Sayed
16:41 Aug 27, 2020

No Problem! Ah, I see. _Heheheeeeee ooh,I will, I also need to hurry with my alien one, I'm spending too much time on it

Reply

16:44 Aug 27, 2020

Oki! I’d love to take it when you’re done ;). I typically spend anywhere for 1-3 hours on quizzes... Spy quizzes can take 2-3 hours to complete!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

By the way, I found out these facts: There are more than 421 words for the word snow in Scotland. Armadillo shells are bulletproof. The longest word in English takes 3 and a half hours to say and is 189,819 letters long.

Reply

00:07 Sep 01, 2020

WOAH! Those are awesome!! Prob gonna put some as a fun fact!! Thanks for sharing!

Reply

:DDDDD Your welcome!!! ^^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Scout Tahoe
03:44 Sep 01, 2020

Hey Kendra. I know we don't know each other that well, but I'm really sorry about what happened. Reedsy will miss you so much. Your stories were always amazing and inspirational. There's no words to express how much I'll miss you. You won't be forgotten. :)

Reply

Aww! Thank you so much, I'm speechless for your kind words. I'll miss you wholeheartedly also! Continue to write your amazing stories like always <3

Reply

Scout Tahoe
04:05 Sep 01, 2020

I will. Hopefully you'll be back soon.

Reply

Show 0 replies
B. W.
01:47 Sep 09, 2020

Hey Kendra- how have you been? ive kinda missed you for a while lately

Reply

Awh, hey B.W.! I'm doing fine, but I missed you and the others too. It's too bad I can only come here a few times a week to check my notifications...But at least I still can talk to you for a lil while!

Reply

B. W.
12:40 Sep 09, 2020

Hey ^^ well i guess thats at least a bit good that you'll still be here from time to time and not be gone entirely. i noticed you now changed your name to "A. J. K." ?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
D. Shikha
14:48 Aug 29, 2020

#😁🤩😊#

Reply

15:51 Aug 29, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

D. Shikha
16:16 Aug 29, 2020

😊

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
17:13 Aug 29, 2020

OHHHHHH MY GOOOOD I AM SO FREAKIN’ STUPIIIIIID I FORGOOOOOT All of today, I’ve been receiving emojis. I forgot what that meant. SORRRRRY Ima go send this to everybody now...sorry guys!! Forgot! Excuse my stupidness!

Reply

D. Shikha
17:57 Aug 29, 2020

It's alright:D

Reply

18:20 Aug 29, 2020

Hehe

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Akshat .
13:01 Aug 29, 2020

|😎🤑😁|

Reply

13:07 Aug 29, 2020

Hiya, Akshat! Hmmm...idk...do you want to go on upvoting sprees of each other? Like, you upvote me as I upvote you for a couple minutes? Just wanna know; I’m bored and this was we both get karma points ;) Answer soon! 😂 ~🍩

Reply

Akshat .
13:42 Aug 29, 2020

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! PLEASE!

Reply

14:21 Aug 29, 2020

Hehe, so enthusiastic! I’d be happy to do this more often ;)

Reply

Akshat .
14:37 Aug 29, 2020

Same!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Akshat .
13:52 Aug 29, 2020

I finished upvoting you, and you're about 100+ karma points up! At least I think so, it could be much higher!

Reply

14:22 Aug 29, 2020

Ahhh thank you! I’ll go upvote you now! (I was just waiting to see if you wanted to do this or not)!

Reply

Akshat .
14:37 Aug 29, 2020

You're welcome! Ohhkay!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
14:28 Aug 29, 2020

Okay, I upvoted you all the way to 2,000+ karma points! Congrats on the 2k, Akshat!

Reply

Akshat .
14:38 Aug 29, 2020

Thank you so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
13:02 Aug 29, 2020

Hehehehehehe....thanks? 😂

Reply

Akshat .
13:41 Aug 29, 2020

You're welcome ... I guess!

Reply

17:15 Aug 29, 2020

OHHHHHH MY GODDDD I AM SO FREAKIN’ STUPIIIIIID I FORGOOOOOT All of today, I’ve been receiving emojis. I forgot what that meant. SORRRRRY Ima go send this to everybody now...sorry guys!! Forgot! Excuse my stupidness!

Reply

Akshat .
05:23 Aug 30, 2020

🤣😂🤣

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Sia S
03:21 Aug 31, 2020

Your 1st place!!!! I upvoted you a lot😁

Reply

11:55 Aug 31, 2020

THANK YOUUU

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hriday Saboo
10:06 Aug 31, 2020

Hey sia when are you posting a new story I am waiting And is there any chance from where you can back up your previous stories

Reply

Sia S
03:32 Sep 02, 2020

Hmm, I have one but it doesn't fit any of the prompts😔. And, as for the other stories.... I don't know.

Reply

Hriday Saboo
03:40 Sep 02, 2020

☹️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Akshat .
06:33 Sep 01, 2020

Yeah! When will you post another one?

Reply

Sia S
08:02 Sep 02, 2020

When it matches a prompt.

Reply

Akshat .
08:11 Sep 02, 2020

Ohh, okay!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Kendall Defoe
00:50 Aug 29, 2020

Clever...I liked this one...

Reply

00:51 Aug 29, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
20:39 Aug 28, 2020

VAMPIRE HUNT TWO IS OUTTTT

Reply

20:54 Aug 28, 2020

Yay! I’ll check it out!

Reply

Amany Sayed
20:55 Aug 28, 2020

:) Waitin for ur feedback!

Reply

21:00 Aug 28, 2020

Posted it! ;)

Reply

Amany Sayed
21:03 Aug 28, 2020

Just Saw! XD

Reply

21:11 Aug 28, 2020

😄

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
20:18 Aug 27, 2020

Heheee, love the facts in your bio. PS. The lizard that walks on water is a basilisk. My brother is obsessed with Wild Kratts, don't ask.

Reply

20:25 Aug 27, 2020

Thank you! I discovered this website called ‘#Fact’ a little while ago and now I’m reading way too many fun facts...also, I enjoy reading Wattpad books of jokes, and Showerthoughts which is why my bio has so many fun facts and funny statements. 😂 ~A P. S. K!

Reply

Amany Sayed
20:28 Aug 27, 2020

Ooh, I'll definitely check it out. Hehe, hopefully soon you'll have some Rio to read on Wattpad as well.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Megan Sutherland
17:07 Aug 27, 2020

Great story Aerin! I loved this follow up. I like the backstory between Rosalee and Margarita. Nice twist that you had them go to the same school for mages. Very interesting and unique! Great job!

Reply

17:18 Aug 27, 2020

Thanks so much, Megan!

Reply

Megan Sutherland
17:20 Aug 27, 2020

of course!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sam S.
15:34 Aug 27, 2020

This was an awesome story Aerin!! Loved it as usual, especially the part where the old ex-besties reunite again. Fab work 😄

Reply

16:39 Aug 27, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

Sam S.
05:55 Aug 28, 2020

You're welcome Aerin:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Akshat .
08:14 Aug 27, 2020

Awesome! Your stories are always so imaginative! I just think that the words "fight magic" sound a bit ... eh. Maybe replace that with cooler words like: 1. Duel spells 2. Duel charms 3. Duel sorcery Overall great story! And I'm not sure if this is the end to the whole Rosalee-Samantha thing or if you're gonna write a part 3, so please tell me what's gonna happen!

Reply

11:25 Aug 27, 2020

Hiya, Akshat! Thank youuuuu! But I think I’m keeping ‘fight magic’ 😉. Idk, I just don’t want to over complicate...also, none of them of ‘duel’. It’s just, when magic is used in fighting, it’s fight magic. Hope you don’t get offended by this! Hmmm, I dunno! Often my stories have spin-offs with the same characters, but they aren’t actually parts of one another because they don’t have the same storyline. I’ll do more stories with Rosalee, Samantha, and Margarita soon, I guess! (Wow, I just realized how long their name are back-to-back...😆)

Reply

Akshat .
13:30 Aug 27, 2020

You're welcome! Yeah, I guess they don't duel like Dumbledore and Voldemort, they just fight like Draco and Harry. So ... yeah. Bye! Thanks for the info! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Megan Sutherland
17:20 Aug 27, 2020

Akshat would you want to come to check out my page and stories, please? I'd appreciate any feedback you may have.

Reply

Akshat .
17:37 Aug 27, 2020

Yeah sure! I'll do it later though. Remind me if you don't get a comment on a story within the next 2 days, please!

Reply

Megan Sutherland
18:17 Aug 27, 2020

Alright! Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Regina Perry
00:23 Aug 27, 2020

Yay!!! Another Aerin story! I love these characters so much, so I'm glad you brought them back. This is my favourite line, I think: "Sammy shrugs. “I wouldn’t say my mind is blown, but if I were a robot, I’d be saying ‘beep-boop-bop, circuits overheating’.”" I also love the part where Rosalee is thinking grumpily about how Sammy made her come to the party. And the part where... Well, basically, I love the whole thing. Great job! I did find a few teensy typos and grammar mistakes to correct: "The smile disappears when she’s me." Chan...

Reply

00:44 Aug 27, 2020

Wowowow, thank you so muchhhh! I fixed those, thanks ;) Thank youuu! ~A

Reply

Regina Perry
01:25 Aug 27, 2020

You're welcome.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sunny 🌼
23:36 Aug 26, 2020

Wohoo! Part two! I was scrolling through my reccomended when I saw that you had 16 submissions and I clicked as fast as I could!

Reply

23:39 Aug 26, 2020

Thanks, Sarah! That’s what I do when I see your icon too ;)

Reply

Sunny 🌼
23:41 Aug 26, 2020

Lmao thanks.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Amany Sayed
13:55 Aug 31, 2020

did that downvoter just come back?????? ugh this is really mean and annoying.

Reply

I confessed to Aerin and I'm here to admit that my brother was on my account and commented negative things to others' stories and downvoted many comments. I will check to see if my brother also downvoted your comments, I truly apologize for that.

Reply

Amany Sayed
23:53 Aug 31, 2020

Gosh, that sucks. It's not your fault though, I get younger brothers **eye roll** Did he also delete all your stories, or was that you?

Reply

Yup, agreed. Actually, I deleted my own stories because my parents made me focus on schoolwork. I can only come here to read notifications and stories. Sadly, I won't be posting anymore like Ollie :(

Reply

Amany Sayed
23:55 Aug 31, 2020

Aw, bummer. Reedsy's gonna miss you! :(

Reply

:( I shall never forget you, my Reedsy friend!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Hriday Saboo
12:42 Aug 31, 2020

Sorry to inform that someone decreased 100 points of urs

Reply

22:08 Aug 31, 2020

Oh, yeah, I saw...😕😕😕. But people upvoted me again, so yay! Thanks to telling meee ;)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Akshat .
10:35 Aug 31, 2020

OMG, YOU'RE FIRST! WHAT! 🤯🤯🤯🤯😮😮

Reply

12:04 Aug 31, 2020

THANKS!!! My mind is also blown!!

Reply

Akshat .
12:11 Aug 31, 2020

You're welcome!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Hriday Saboo
09:50 Aug 31, 2020

Hey Aerin, I just upvoted abt 200-230 comments of yours. Rest I will upvote afterwards. Cam u upvote 10-12 comments of mine too? Is would help me

Reply

12:03 Aug 31, 2020

Sure, I’ll upvote you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Hriday Saboo
05:58 Aug 31, 2020

Congrats on being second on the leaderboard. It’s brilliant

Reply

11:58 Aug 31, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.