0 comments

Drama Fiction Thriller

Life can be very painful at times, especially when we allow ourselves to become so self-indulgent that we start to loose what we once had. It also relies on the individual's mental health and how they handle adversity. Our ability to overcome adversity and continue on with our lives is what ultimately matters. Arpita Arora, a doctor who has been through a lot, recalls the terrible, agonising times she went through before she became a doctor. Despite her current level of success, she has previously felt like suicide was the only solution to the suffering she endured. To pass the time during the lockdown imposed because of the covid pandemic, she decides to rest under a tree and jot down her thoughts. As a doctor, she routinely stays late at work to check on and handle patients, so on that particular day, she made time for herself. She has been absent from the infirmary all day today. So, she first started composing when she was just 9 years old, in the year 2000. Her auntie had been rude to her mother. After Arpita's friend makes an attempt to rape her mother, she and her family move to a new residence. Her uncle murdered her father, causing his death. After witnessing her uncle's treatment of her father, Arpita abandons her childhood ambition of becoming a doctor in favour of a career in science. Her mother passed away as she was finishing up her college education. She has no choice but to take a job in the service industry. She soon encounters a cook named Akash and immediately falls in love with him. They tied the knot shortly after she gave birth to a baby girl. Aakash, however, begins to have numerous extramarital relationships and treats her horribly as the year progresses. She finally snaps under the pressure and chooses to file for divorce from him. But he won't get a divorce and will keep torturing her. Finally, she decides she has no choice but to murder him and move to London with her daughter. However, she resolves to provide a better upbringing for her daughter than she had. She made sure her kid went to a reputable institution. But in order to keep her daughter fed, she secretly works as a sex worker. When a doctor happens upon her one day, they both pursue medicine and eventually fell in love with each other. Dr. Abhay rescues Arpita from captivity after much struggle and allows her to continue her medical education. Arpita moves to Chicago in order to fulfill her lifelong ambition of becoming a physician. Arpita and Abhay resolve not to have any more children because they don't want their daughter to feel abandoned if they have one. Arpita will soon finish school and return. destination London. Her, today. daughter follows in her mother's footsteps as a physician and has found love with a member of an affluent family. Abhay gets out of his vehicle as soon as she finishes her writing and honks his horn. He recently contracted covid and was receiving care at the same facility. He was finally able to leave the hospital today. Jiya read the book and asked her boss if they could make Arpita's tale public since she is now a well-known figure. Although her supervisor initially denied it, he eventually agreed. Her mother calls her back to the United States just as she is about to begin work on this endeavor. She has no choice but to accept, but she does have one condition: she must be allowed to keep working on this project. When Jiya finally gets to the United States, she'll get right to work on the job. Her mother became tense when she saw how set she was to read her grandmother's novel, even though she knows her mother has gone through a lot. She keeps her father, who is also relishing his newfound freedom as a ruthless womanizer, apprised of all developments. Because she has such a terrible connection with her father, she accepts his offer to sell Jiya to him. But just as she was about to give Jiya to that individual, two women smacked her in the back of the head and whisked Jiya away to Chicago. Arpita wears a hoodie and murders her ex-husband for real this time because she has become enraged and regrets abandoning him that day. Arpita's aunty, who was having an affair with Arpita's ex-husband Akash, was the woman she and her "real" daughter had attacked. Jiya will soon understand and embrace her mom and grandma. After some time passed, Arpita gave in to pressure from her niece and daughter and published a book. After being interviewed by Jiya, Arpita, Jiya's grandma, quickly rose to fame. Abhay died a few years later. Arpita is devastated by Abhay's death because he is the sole reason she has a close-knit, supportive family. Even though Abhay was not the biological father of her daughter, he always treated her like his own and now even his daughter is crying. While her biological father also makes sexual advances toward her. A few years later, Jiya settles down with a man, packs up, and moves to Australia. Due to old age, both Arpita and her daughter passed away after a few years have passed. Jiya continued to peruse the novel that Arpita had penned. Thinking about what her grandmother went through during her existence causes her to physically tremble. The moral of the story is to keep dreaming and keep working towards your goals no matter where life leads you. Even though Arpita eventually achieved great success, she would not have lost anything by passing up the opportunity to work as a server at that restaurant. She struck fate when she found Abhay, the man who would become her life partner. However, in reality, not everyone is as fortunate as Arpita. Therefore, we must dream and make every effort to realize that dream, despite the fact that we will inevitably face challenges along the path. 

March 31, 2023 18:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.