0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Drama Happy

It was 11th of April.

Reyley was sitting in her balcony thinking deeply about something . She was drawn by the attention of her doorbell. She walked ambly towards the door and opened it .

'Why can't you open the door quickly,Rey?' , asked Maddy furiously.

Maddy is Reyley's brother. He works in an IT Tech Park.

' What happened? You look too confused and terrible. ',asked Maddy.

' Nothing Brother. Just wondering what should I be doing next in my life as you are the only support I have in my life. ' , said Reyley in a sad voice.

Reyley is a Software Engineer and she had recently lost her job.

' I think I am depressed. ' , said Ryeley .

'You have only lost your job not your life. Did you try attending the interviews conducted by other companies?' , enquired Maddy.

'Yes,I attended five interviews but still none of the companies came forward to give me a job. I feel worthless, brother. ' , replied Rye weepingly.

'Hey, Look Rye. It's nothing.You'll find a satisfying job soon. Please don't lose hope. Stay strong , my girl.' , said Maddy as he consoled his sister.

After having their dinner together, both wished each other good night and went to their respective rooms.

12th of April ,

Reyley decides to get to know about herself till she gets a job. She decides to spent some time outdoors. When she was exploring the city, her eyes grab the attention of a online writing contest. She takes a snap of the following notice.

After spending a quality of time outdoors, she returns home. She participates in the online writing contest. After submitting her essay online, she feels happy. She decides to maintain a gratitude list.

13th of April ,

She decides to join a yoga class to feel better and happy. Maddy too supports her when she reveals her decision of joining the yoga class.

Rye joins the yoga class and attend the it regularly. She feels better day by day.

25th of April ,

'I notice a lots of changes in you, Rye.You look happier and peaceful ever since you joined the yoga class.', said Maddy.

'Yes brother. I feel good about myself now.I feel really different from before.', said Rye happily.

'I want you to be happy forever just like now.', said Maddy looking towards Rye.

After few minutes of silence, Rye starts a conversation.

'Maddy , Why don't we both teach computer coding to the students who are interested in it?', asked Rye joyfully.

'That's a good idea,Darling. But,You have to handle it all alone. I won't be able to balance both my job and teaching together. If you agree to handle the classes all alone, I will support you for sure.' , said Maddy confidently.

'That's not a problem brother. I'll handle the classes all alone. You don't have to worry about it.' , said Rye hopingly.

She posts in the internet about taking coding classes for the interested students.

Many students join her class. She decides to teach students other stuffs related to computer engineering. She posts about different courses on the internet.

To her and Maddy's astonishment, many students join the courses offered by them. Rye takes classes for different courses in different sessions.

Rye also wins second prize in the writing contest which she submitted through online.

Rye finds it difficult to take classes in different sessions.

So,Maddy hires two teachers with good coding skills to teach the students.

Days pass by, Yoga classes, Teaching Coding, Writing was Rye's routine. She felt happy.

8th of May ,

'Rye, Why shouldn't we cousel people with problems and give them hope about their life again ?', said Maddy.

'That sound great,Maddy.' , said Rye happily.

'I will also take part in counselling people. I will somehow try to balance my work and couselling.', said Maddy hopingly.

They both start counselling people with problems and motivate them to start a new life again.

11th of May ,

'Maddy, I think it would be better if we start a school as we have lots of students enrolled themselves in different courses. What do you think ?' , asked Rye.

'That's a great idea. I have enough money for opening a school. Let's do it, my sister.' , said Maddy smiling at Rye.

Days pass by ,

They both start a school named 'Rye and Maddy's School of Coding and Writing.'

Lots and lots of students enroll themselves in Rye and Maddy's school.

They hire many teachers to work for their school.

Maddy too feels happy after helping people solve their problems by counselling them.

21st of May ,

Maddy and Rye are sitting gazing at the stars.

'I am completely different now , brother . I am in love with myself now. I feel proud of myself , Maddy .' said Reyley happily.

'Yes,I can notice a lots of changes in you,Rye. By the way , I too feel more happier and relaxed after helping others solve their problems .' , said Maddy joyfully.

'That sounds great, Maddy.' ,replied Ryeley.

Reyley checks her phone and notices a mail from TR company.

'Brother, I have got a mail from TR Company. They are willing to offer me a job.', said Rye.

'That's nice. Congratulations, Rye.' , greeted Maddy.

Rye doesn't responds to his greetings.

' So , When are you going to join the company, Rye?' , enquired Maddy.

'Maddy ...... I'm not going to join the company.', replied Rye.

Maddy was shocked.

'But, why ?' , he asked.

'I am happy with teaching coding and writing to the students. I love helping people with problems too through conselling. You see, It's a stress free life. I want to continue doing this. So, I don't want go for this job.', said Rye.

Maddy too was happy with her decision.

' Well. If that's your decision , then I will definetly support you. Live your life happily. ' ,said Maddy smiling at Rye.

Rye smiled gazing at the stars realizing that she was not depressed anymore and she also realizes that she found her true self in a span of month.

Thank you.

April 14, 2021 20:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.