0 comments

High School LGBTQ+ Sad

Your looking at me with sad eyes as the air around us thickens. The wind whipped around the us. Where outside of our high school.

"I can't do this" I scream at you. Ugly hot tears rained down my face. They'll hate me if I don't do this but I can't. The thing is that I love you. You are my world and my parents want to me break your heart. They want me to out you to the whole school but I can't. Looking at you now in the dark cold rain, it teared my heart out. Your crying, almost sobbing. The jumper I brought you that made you jump for joy is now soaking. My parents wanted me to tell the whole school that we where dating or they would send me away. I can't bear to leave you. The cold rain danced on the back of my neck and I feel sick.

"Please"I screamed,

"Just leave me" I said into the sky. She ran to me and before I knew it her arms where around me.

"It's okay,it's okay" She kept repeating it like it was true. I pushed her off me. She looked hurt before she turned away. I lay in the puddle water that collected around me.

I stayed there for hours. The rain stopped hours ago but my tears kept flowing down my shivering cheeks. The buzz from my phone in my pocket brought me out of it. That's when I knew I had to go home. Walking home was like walking through honey. A fussy blacket covered my shaking body and I was the calm before the storm.

My parents where waiting when I opened the door. I walked straight pass their cold stares and into my room. Ijumped straight into the shower and let the warm water cover me. I stood there till I heard my mother yelling. When I went downstairs for dinner they where already eating. I took my seat and put my head down. I hate seeing there ugly srowls and their disappoint looks.

"Did you get rid of that girlfriend of yours?" My mothers disgusting voice said. I looked up at her, suddenly angry.

"No I haven't. You know it takes a little while to break someones heart" I got up. I was no longer hungry and all of my mothers cooking was cold and lumpy.

My dreams where shattered and all I could see was your hurt face. My whole body ache for you. I would have to lie to you tomorrow. I would have to tell you that I don't love you and I don't think I have the power to do that. In the end I am weak.

My Mother dropped me off at school.

I cried all morning.

I can't do this.

That's when I see you getting off the school bus. You have your long brown hair pulled upinto a ponytail and your pink bag hung limply off your back. I keep my eyes low and walk as fast as I can away. I tried to ignore you all day but you ended u pcatching up to me after lunch.

"please tell me what's wrong" you plead. You sound so small and scared. I crumble before you. My breathing is short and raspy. My heart is racing and I'mgoing to throw up. I try to walk away but my legs are jelly and they buckle under me. I must have passed out because I'm on in the nurses office when I wake up. My parents loom in the doorway like ghosts. They both wore looks of horror and disgust. That's when I realised she's here. She is seating beside me and she's holding my hand. I shake her off and walk over to my parents. They grab my arm andpull me away but not beforeI steal a glance back at you. Your crying again.

When I get home their yelling, their faces glow red and are bend in angry scrowls. They yell for hours and it's only when the clock strikes 12;00 that they finally stop. They made me promise that I would do it tomorrow. I tried to buy time. I tried everything I could but there is no changing their minds.

I had nightmares that night. You danced in between the sheets and before my eyes. My eyes remind me off your dotted freckles. My ears remind me of your soft sing song voice. My lips remind me of your smooth sweet lips. My nose reminds me of your hockey suckle and suger smell.

I don't want to do this.

I can't do this.

When the morning dawned I tried to sleep away my fear butmy mother dragged me out of bed. My eyes wished for the darkness of my room but the red markings from my mother fingers burned on my skin. We stopped outside of the school when she turned to me. She said,

"I hate you"

I walked out of the car and slammed it as hard as I can. Your there again by Ipull upmy hood and run to my class. I ingored the text from you, my mom and my dad. The teachers droned on about worthless information while my mind thought about you. Fog creeped acrossthe school and filled the windows.

I knew it was time whenI saw you leaning on the door of my last class. Your face was painted with pain and your pale. You walk to me.

"Why?'

Your voice is quiet and raw.

"I need to do this" My voice wobbles,

"Do what?" You whisper, I can tell your getting angry now.

"My parents" Is all I can get out. Youlooked me in my eyes and the colour drained from your face. You look so sad and defeated but I can see you understand. You know I have no choice. You know i have to do this. My heart is numb and my head is pounding.

"I love you" Is what I say and I mean it.

November 08, 2020 05:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.