0 comments

Romance

 It was an average summer day nothing was out of the ordinary. Teresa went to work, she worked the night shift like the 30 other people worked with her. Her break time for her dinner was it 8:30 pm. She was sitting with a group of friends and co-workers   at a long bench just you chatting about the day. Sam, the new mechanic sat down right beside Teresa. He offered her some of his dinner but she politely declined.

 

           The next words out of his mouth were shocking as he said “I'm going to marry you. You'll see”. Teresa said “I don't even know you don't be so silly”. Her coworkers all laughed and giggled as they thought nothing of it. Days, weeks, months went by they talked but it was just small talk. One day Joe another mechanic said “Hey why don't we go on a double date? You and Sam and me and Margie. Teresa said “no I don't think, so he’s not really my type”. Joe agreed and said “OK lets you just go out as a group of friends will go for drinks after work. Joe knew deep down inside they were meant for each other but had to plan on getting them to realize it could be difficult. Theresa had to be convinced.

 

They all got out of 1:00 a.m.  And headed to the local pizza spot. Everyone drove themselves.  When Teresa arrived Sam was already inside and he offered to help Theresa with her coat off and thought nothing further of it. Sam paid for drink and was a perfect gentleman. An hour later they all drove home separately but not before Sam walked Theresa to her car.  He made sure she was in and safe before he drove off.

 

Time passed the group of friends went out more and more often. Sam was always a perfect gentleman. About a year had passed Sam and Teresa out on their first date just the two of them. Teresa finally agreed after Sam’s kind and gentle persuasions. They were confortable with each other. They soon became best friends. They dated for about another six months. Sam always being a gentleman never getting fresh. Sam showed up at Teresa’s parents’ house one day out of the blue and walked in and said “hello mom hello dad”. Teresa's mother tipped her glasses down and looked over them and said “hello and what is your name young man”. Sam said “Hi I'm Sam”. Theresa's father simply said hello in a grunted voice has not liked not to like him.

 

 

All their friends and co-workers kept asking when they would be invited to the wedding. They hinted all the time. Sam always knew it would happen since the day his eyes met hers. Theresa on the other hand didn’t give it much serious talk.

 

As timed past Sam still being polite again never getting fresh would take Teresa's parents out to dinner just the 4 of them. Sam always treated them. It happened one night I'll never forget it. It was September 16th. Sam and Theresa’s father became buddies. They would go fishing together, work on the cars together and were best buds.

 

Sam and Theresa when on a date in his red fiat. The stars were out there, was a full moon so bright, a brilliant glow it was the perfect night. They had a lovely dinner and they went dancing afterwards. Is around 11 o'clock p.m. Sam drove Teresa home and they parked in the driveway of her parents just chatting like they usually did. They could talk endlessly for hours never getting tired or bored.

 

This is what had happened it's a shocker so get ready. Sam asked Teresa for permission to give her a kiss it would have been their first kiss of knowing each other for more than 2 1/2 years. Theresa very calmly agreed. It happened!  Sam kissed Theresa smack on the lips with the most of passion and love a person could provide, kissing her like nobody has been kissed her before.

 

 

 Teresa was in shock she saw fireworks she saw stars she saw everything the sky lite up it was amazing didn't you see it? It was time for her to go inside she knew her mother would be waiting up for her.  Theresa thought her mother saw he firework too. Sam walked her to the door said good night as he walked back to the car she walked inside her mother looked at her. Teresa didn't say a word but Theresa's mothers do at that moment she was in love.

 

Sam gave Theresa a “Sweetheart” ring. It was more like a promise ring. She wore it daily. This was a perfect relationship. They seemed to agree with each other on most subjects. He cherished her with so much compassion. Theresa always listened and absorbed every breath of Sam’s. Their friends admired them and recall often their first meeting.

 

 

 

 As years passed and they were married for more than 40 years Teresa has never ever forgotten the day she saw fireworks. Sitting in her grandmother’s rocking chair, rocking back and forth, to this day she truly believes the fireworks were real and the sky did indeed lite up in the sky. This was her first true love. This was her only love and it was till death do them part. Teresa has never loved again.

 

February 21, 2020 23:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.