Heroes of the New Era

Submitted into Contest #45 in response to: Write a story about solidarity.... view prompt

1 comment

General

I was longing for light in the middle of darkness. The four corners were embellished of scary silence. I was inside, alone, and sad, thinking of tomorrow is still in chaos. Or maybe, I am still alone, desperate to see what is outside this jungle. I am only with the time, but good for it because it is running, and I was just steadily glued in this soft lovely bed. The last time I knew was the chaotic war, unended firing, loud and clear sound of innocent angels, asking for help, praying for peace, and begging for their life like they owe it for something. Amidst the war, was the invisible enemy, not wearing armor, and no weapons, but a threat to everyone. And I saw people outside covering their faces like afraid to be seen by someone. You can only see their eyes and despair was painted, they were apart from each other like they had a fight but not, it is the way to protect themselves. Millions of souls have had taken, a question for me if this is the punishment to people, for what? Well, if I can only say that it is because of the war caused by people, they were fighting for what reason? Maybe, they wanted to have the power and lead humanity. Then now, here we are, being killed by a tiny enemy with enormous power. At this time, soldiers were not able to use canons, tanks, and guns to an enemy they cannot see. They were just lying and pulling the sunlight to their bodies. They were not now the warriors, the doctors have the imagery of a heroic story. And here they go, getting up their stuff and coming inside my room. They were wearing unseen smile, energetic gestures, and always leaving a motivating message to me. And then leave the room after an hour, and I feel exhausted and sleepy. Before I close my eyes, I will remember the doctors' message for me, and smile, then I wish that someday, this pain, bloodshed of innocence, and the battle for authority will never ever happen for the next generation. And the time of death is unpredictable.

I woke up and all I hear is the grumbling of things around me, I am lying under the light with uncertainty about the flashing noise in this room. I cannot remember anything that happened before that time I was inside of nothingness. Maybe a long time after, I stare above, tried to venture my sight with pain in my body. I see covered people in white, now I knew they were doctors. They smiled at me and asked me if I am fine. Then now I remember, the world is in great crisis. Every country was looking for answers, about this virus that vastly damages every single life. My tears flow and feel heartache, another noise was surrounding the room and doctors rapidly came in. They were forcing me to live, but I cannot, for what reason? To witness the cruelty of mankind, I am too tired of it. I wanted to live again but what if I will just give up, maybe I can take a rest now. But no, these people are fighting for my life, for all rather. Is it just their profession, a duty to retrieve one’s life to death? Soldiers will continuously hurt their fellow soldiers, which are only following rules from the leaders. For those who got hurt, doctors are there to cure the wounded warrior. Scientists will always create new chemicals, and harmful to people, and if it gets worst, doctors are ready to help. I am thinking that, what about these warriors towards our health and life protection, what do they do once there is nothing to get hurt? Sarcastically, they will have no job. Here they are, serving the world and fighting this dangerous virus. It happened what the “Black Death” case during the war. Doctors are giving their best to save us from this pain, there is no cure but no monetary value of safety. This too much thinking was stopped by the tense of the ached chest and momentarily, the calmness of sound I hear, and see people hugging, celebrating for another life was saved by prayers and hope. I feel tired at this moment, I thanked them and just can pay them with a smile.  Before I close my eyes, I pray for the safety of the doctors, I hope that this crisis will vanish, and the world will beautify with peace, love, and happiness.

After a long time, I already glimpse the earth’s blue surface. I can see people walking with holding hands, smiling faces, and unending stories. Did I survive or I am in the place of souls? No, seriously I was not. I remember, doctors find out those patients that have strong anti-bodies can be turned or mix up to vaccine. Now, the virus has been dissolved by strong faith and belief in oneself. Authority officers are able to manage traffic, teachers are happy to see their students, and other workers will be able to serve the company and revive its lost. Everything went back to normal, as everyone wishes to happen. I can see that people are strongly united every after their struggles. For what reason, of course, we all try to help from small to big things we can offer. But how long we are going to have this life again?

There are different kinds of stories, in good and bad times, either sad or happy ending. But in terms of solidarity, people will always vulnerable in kindness. No matter what life status we have. If we are in bad times, treasure each lesson we learned, and once we are in good terms, we know how to appreciate little things. As aiming more and more can lead us to love of power, cautiously create a fight between differences. That is why, when the time comes for us to spend our lives normally, there will be the power of love, and no matter what problems we face, we are united and move toward as one. For today we lost, tomorrow we are ready to stand together, without blaming or guilt-tripping, instead, help each other for a reason that we all want to live with peace, love, and happiness.

June 09, 2020 14:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Will Read
06:35 Jun 18, 2020

Really good work Alice!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.