Sorry... I had a really good idea for a zombie story.

Submitted into Contest #61 in response to: Write about a character who’s obsessed with an era they never lived through.... view prompt

0 comments

Science Fiction

Dallas runs up to me and tells me he heard strange noises coming from the church. I rush to the church. It's cold, winter, the whistling air brushes past me as I near the door. I put my hand on the door knob and turn it, my blade ready, I hear a muffled shout “BRAAAINS!!!” The Undead. I flung the door open. “Not here.” I stab it in the head forcefully and it falls to the ground. “Great...” I say sarcastically as my blade breaks when I take it out and examine the zombie, I realise who it is and my heart sinks “Father Jose, how was he infected? I thought the church was barricaded.” I say to myself. I go to inspect. Alas, the barricades have been torn down, I note grimly.

 I go and get Sheriff Anderson and together we repair the barricade, we use things like ovens and washing machines, our base is set up near an old junkyard that's full of old appliances, and scrap that are readily available. “I really just don't know how they got through… I must have only been asleep for… oh poor Father J.” said the sheriff.

“Barry, you can't blame yourself, sometimes accidents happen.” then the sheriff says “But this mistake killed somebody Joe!!!” I calmed down the distraught sheriff. I say I'm sorry but I have to go, there is a time to grieve and that isn’t now. I urgently need to see Doc. Brady. “ Finish up the wall Barry, I'll be back in a bit, make sure to keep your eye out, we haven’t found the thing that bit the Father.” “I'll try.” The sheriff says with teary eyes. My friends Rachelle, Jade, Dallas, and Sheriff Anderson are only some of the twenty four people we know to have survived the outbreak.

 I walked the sidewalk towards the Doc’s place wielding my double-barrel shotgun. A zombie “Found ya!” , “POW,” It's dead… another shambles towards me “POW.” I miss, but worse I’m also out of ammo. The zombie comes closer, but I fend it off with the stock of my shotgun, it falls on the ground and I smash its head with the stock. I hope that's all of them I go to check with Rachelle, Jade, and Dallas and also tell them to scan the perimeter. Me and Doc have some things to discuss.

I arrived at Doc. Bradys manor. “Hey Joe.” he said casually as he approached me he then said “How's Woodinville today?”. I respond by asking him how the research is going. We've been trying to figure out why the zombies came. His face suddenly goes serious. He goes inside and invites me in. He shows me the book he has been studying. “There have been five generations of Blackrows…” he says “Each generation has seen zombies.” I stand there shocked. He continues to show me an old paper from 1543, speaking about the dead rising from the grave. Next a cassette tape, he plays it. An old man's voice comes through the speaker, “This tape bears witness to Jane Blain's exorcism” it starts cutting out… “It's been tampered with,” says Brady, very seriously. He tells me to bring these items to the others…

Meanwhile at the base… A guard hears a metallic noise outside, he goes to go investigate, he does not see anything of interest when he opens the gate, turns back and then a convict named Victor then approaches him and chokes him out with his handcuffs. He walks in, smiles as the zombie horde shambles in behind him...

I walk outside the manor, it's complete chaos outside.

It was complete chaos, the sheriff is under a hoard of zombies, the zombies are destroying buildings by ripping out chunks of concrete, Rachelle and Jade were back to back, shooting zombies left, right, and center. I was standing there in shock. Then I see a man at the front gate smiling. He looked like an escaped convict. The zombies were going past him instead of eating him alive. I instantly knew he was the one behind this.

I charge at him with my double barrel shotgun. I reach him and shoot him in the chest and he flies backwards. But… no blood? He gets up and lifts his shirt and there's a police vest. He starts laughing so I shoot for his head. He moves inhumanly fast to dodge the spray. “Fool!!! You don't know what I can do.” I'm so mad I charge at him anyway, I try to slam my stock into his head. He moves out of the way and punches me, it hurts more than anything I've ever felt.

I fall to the ground and I get up madder than I was before. “Who are you, why, what do you want!!!” I scream at him. He laughs at me, I get up shakily, “Silly mortals, always thinking they can best us.” He runs at me and slams my gut with his fist, but I had a knife in my hand. I had stabbed him when he punched me. He turns around and takes out the knife and laughs. “Say bye joe.” he says. I see a sharp piece of scrap nearby. I pick it up then charge at him and start slashing. Nothing happens. I feel a sharp stabbing pain in my stomach, I slowly turn cold and fall to the floor, I hear a booming laugh I had been bested…

Not to be continued...unless I become a writer

write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write write

October 02, 2020 15:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.