1 comment

American Crime Drama

"I can see it now," she replied. 

“Finally. I have to go for my flight,” he replied looking at his phone. 

“I’ll send you to the airport,” she immediately responded. 

“I can take a cab, it's totally fine. It’s your sister’s wedding,” he replied. 

“No, I’ll send you,” She drove her husband to the airport. He came out, in his uniform and carrying a large suitcase. 

“Bye. Have a safe flight. Love you” she replied, tears in her eyes.

“ I love you too. Why are you in tears?” She walked closer to him. 

“I miss you,” She hugged him. He kissed her head and left. She drove home. She reached home and her innocent two year old son was asleep. Regina went downstairs and her mother was with her group of ladies. 

“Mum, I’ll be in my bedroom,” Within thirty minutes, a man wearing a white coat came up. 

“Hey Dad. Would you like me to heat up your dinner?”

“Yes, please. Thanks,” She went downstairs and heated the soup. Her mother was by the sink washing the dishes. 

“Mum, I could wash the dishes. It’s not an issue.” The woman gladly smiled.  

“Thanks Regan,” She smiled and washed all the dishes. After eating her dinner, she went up to her bedroom. Her son was laying down on the bed. 

“Mommy, can I go to Grandpa’s room for a while?”

“Of course you can,” The little boy ran there. After thirty minutes, he came back. 

“Was it fun there?”

“Super. Grandma says that I could enter her bathtub and play with her bath bombs tomorrow,”

“That sounds fun. Sleep now, darling,” Regina switched off the lights. 

It was the next morning, Regina got her son ready for school and he went downstairs for breakfast.

“Uncle David!” the little boy cried. Timothy was using his phone. Regina’s brother was a cardiac surgeon in the hospital. 

“You look overjoyed today. Come, tell me what is it?”

“I’m allowed to play with Granny’s bath bomb,”

“That’s nice!” Just then, their younger sister came. She was from their father’s first wife. Their mother came down. 

“Rachel, why didn’t you tell the maid to repair the dishwasher? You know that it’ll damage my nails,”

“That’s all you care about. My mum was still much better than you,’

“Rachel, mind your words when you’re talking to my mother!” Just then, Rachel’s father came down. 

“Darling, look at your daughter. She’s making a fuss early in the morning,” 

“Rachel, what’s the issue?”

“Dad, just because I didn’t tell the maid to fix the dishwasher. Your wife is making an issue,”

“Can we please stop arguing?” Eventually, everyone sat down silently. 

“I’m going to Mateo to school. Mateo, go tell everyone bye. I’ll be waiting in the car,” The little boy ran to his mother’s car. She sent him to school and came home to write a novel. Her mother was at home using her phone. 

“I’m sick and tired of that girl. I just wish her mother would take her away,”

“But Mum she’s equally Dad’s daughter,”

“But she isn’t my child. She doesn’t have a right to stay her. I just hate her. Regina, make sure that Mateo stay away from her,”

“Fine,” Mateo came home and he showered. The maid gave him a meal while his mother sat down by the sofa. 

During dinner, everyone sat down together. The maid served the food on the dinner table. 

“Maria, did you make Mateo’s soup?”

“Madam, sir daughter made it,” Regina just stood silent and the maid brought it with a bowl of rice. 

“Mateo, how’s the soup?” she questioned. 

“It’s yummy,” 

“Mummy, can I get my dinosaur from upstairs?”

“Okay, you want me to get it for you?” she smiled. 

“I’ll go with you, Mateo,” She followed the boy upstairs. 

After ten minutes, the boy came rolling down. Regina yelled. Her parents ran down. Rachel came carrying a dinosaur plush. 

“Mum, Dad, Timothy!”

“He needs to be brought to the hospital. I’m calling the ambulance,” The ambulance came. Regina was crying bitterly. 

“Mum, what if anything happens to my son?” she cried.

“He’ll be fine, stop crying,”

“Mum, I can’t have more children anymore,” she sobbed, leaning against her mother. David then came. 

“Is he okay, David?’

“He’s recovering well, stop crying,”

“He’ll be fine right?” she asked.

“Yes, he’s ready to meet you,” She ran to the ward in her high heels. There her son sat on the bed. He hugged him and cried hard.

“Mateo, are you fine?”

“Yes Mummy, I am,” She kissed him.

“Aunty Rachel, did this to me, Mummy. She pushed me down,” The little boy began to cry.

“It’s fine sweetheart. Mummy is here. She’s not here now. Grandpa will kick her out tonight,” Just then, Regina’s mother came in. She hugged the little boy. 

“Mum, Rachel did this to Mateo. If she doesn’t leave out abode today, I’m leaving,”

“You tell that to your father, not me! I want to leave as well,” Mateo was discharged and brought home.

"Now, James kick Rachel out! She tried to murder our grandson,"

"Dad, I'm just jealous. Regina, is only a few years older than me and have you seen how charming she looks?"

"That's because she's my daughter," Regina's mother barked.

"I don't have a mother and I'm very upset,"

"But you should have thought before pushing my nephew down,"

"The main things is this woman doesn't care,"

"Yes indeed you are right," They left the house. Regina's wedding was in the corner and they started planning for it. Within three months, it was Regina's wedding with Nick. She wore a long white dress. Her son came running to her.

"Mummy, Mummy, you look so pretty!"

"Thank you sweetheart. Did Daddy dress you up?"

"No, Uncle Tim did. Daddy's just really busy getting ready," Eventually, the wedding was completed. Mateo came running to his parents.

"Mateo, I'm finally married to Mummy. We're husband and wife now," Mateo stood smiling at his overjoyed parents.

July 01, 2022 14:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Reyhanna Kaur
03:49 Jul 02, 2022

Very nice Ishika Kaur!❤️👍

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.