474 comments

Adventure Friendship Suspense

I stared at the street waited. And waited. What was I waiting for? My friends. It was book night again, and I was the host.

โ€Celeste! Iโ€™m here!โ€

It was Luke, decked with books in his arms and clutching a bulging backpack. I already knew he had Ayn Randโ€™s โ€˜Altas Shruggedโ€™.

โ€Come in! Oh, is Mira coming?โ€

โ€Sheโ€™s behind me! And Jennie, Nainika, and Kate!โ€

I felt relieved that they didnโ€™t forget. I would be weeping if that happened.

Everybody arrived with books and papers, and we settled down on the carpeted floor. Then my annoying sister comes in.

โ€CELESTE! DID YOU DO IT?โ€

โ€I didnโ€™t make waffles.โ€

โ€DONโ€™T TELL YOUR FRIENDS!โ€

โ€œGo away to Victoria Gardens.โ€

โ€œDONโ€™T GO ON THE CARPET!โ€

โ€Whatever, Sam.โ€

She stormed off.

Rose, despite her name, is very bothersome. With bubblegum pink hair, dark brown eyes and tan skin, she was very pretty on the outside. On the inside, she was a nasty brat. Even if she was one year older, she should not be bossing me around. I could never understand what came out of her mouth, even if I was an interpreter.

โ€Why was she so hyped about the floor?โ€

โ€Sapphire!โ€ We all shout

I hurry to open the screen door. She comes in, goes to our circle, and sits in the recliner. I think about her question. Why was Rose so upset about the floor? She had ignored me for the better part of a month now, so....?

โ€Everyone! Get off the rug!โ€

Luke starts grumbling about โ€œlosing his spotโ€ and Jennie quickly stops goofing around with a book on her head. Mira cleans up the knocked over pile of books, and Nainika speedily goes to stand with Sapphire, who is causally eating chips. I chuckle at everyoneโ€™s reaction and try to pry off the carpet. Itโ€™s heavier that it looks.ย 

โ€œHelp?โ€

Mira rushes in to help, Luke tailing her and Sapphire following.

โ€œGuys! Why are we doing this-โ€œ The words barely left her mouth before we pull it up and-

Black shapes come out and smack us in the face.

โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿค๐ŸคŽ

ย I scream as a sliver-eyed person stares at me.

โ€Celeste! Itโ€™s me! Luke!โ€

He looks so different. His normal boring black hair has become flamboyant brown. His sweatshirt and pants are shiny and slick, and his aura is sliver, like his eyes. Luke hands me a mirror. I yell.

I have a head of purple hair, and rainbow irises, and my hands are a stunning purple too. I have a purple-pink adventure dress on, with a lot of pockets, and boots with high heels. I felt confused and excited. Confused as to where we are. Excited as in I LOOK AWESOME.

โ€Are you the only one here in my...โ€

I realized we are not in my house. And all my other friends are gone.ย 

Luke is about to respond when I here a sound.

โ€Luke! Celeste!โ€

โ€MIRA!!!โ€

I run towards her but stop to looke at her breathtaking beauty.

She has super long wavy black hair, with a hint of blue on the tips and a braid, inverted style. Mira has eyes that change from black to brown continuously.ย She has a short dress, and black combat boots. Her sapphire blue aura makes her very pretty.

I hug both of them. I donโ€™t like losing people or friends.

โ€J..Jennie....a....and..Kate...are..coming!โ€ Mira says, panting.

I glance up and see a maroon and mint figure. When they get close I run up to them.

Jennie has light magenta hair, deep and shiny. She has soft grey eyes and a magenta aura. Her flannel and tights looks very handsome. She cracks a smile at me. I return it.

Kate has chestnut hair tied in a ponytail, piercing blue eyes.ย She also has a watch. It stores all her clothes, convient for anything. She was wearing a tank top and sweatpants, perfect for this humid weather. I envied her; even in this strange world her still has the perfect invention.

Sapphire appears out of nowhere and I gasp again for the third time.

Her black hair has many sliver streaks in it, and she had glowing icy white eyes that look deep in my soul. She is wearing a cloak, like me, but has a hood and shadows around it. Sapphireโ€™s menacing black aura clings to her. After she reunites with us, Mira speaks.

โ€Where is Nainika?โ€œ

We all gasp and immediately start looking for her.

๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค

ย โ€œNainika! Na-โ€œ

I pause to wipe the sweat off my head.

Luke grimaces.

โ€ANY LUCK?โ€œ Jennie hollers to us. She and Kate are busy chopping down trees. We were sent to a fantasy world with deserts and forests. Naiki could be anywhere. Luke and Mira were scouting the desert, but came back, and me and Sapphire are in the river part.

โ€NO JEN!โ€

I bend up and help Sapphire up too. Then I do what I do best: think and wonder.

I think that my other friends are going to miss us.

I think that Rose would be angry for using my big brain.

I wonder what the aura are for. Powers? Fashion? Just an aura? I let my mind wander, and it wanders so far that I only come back when I hear Kate screeching in my ear.

โ€I found her!โ€

I follow Kateโ€™s gaze and find a young woman. I can not believe that it isย 

โ€œNainika!โ€

She looks up from her flower-picking. Her brown-gold hair hangs around her back and she has a hazelnut eye and a eye-watering green one. Naiki has a flannel on, like Jennie, jeans, and a pair of cute converse shoes. Her aura is bright cream, like ice cream. It mixes nicely with her eyes and hair.

We all go to hug her.

โ€œDonโ€™t get lost again!โ€

She laughs.

โ€œWhen the weird shapes came out, I was thrown here and landed on this!โ€ She points to a box. As I get closer, I read what it says:

This is the propriety of Ms. Rose.

We all gasped and everybody looked at me. I looked at that word.

R O S E


Hi guys! So this is the first story of a very long series! I will expand on the characters and their personalities sooooon! And sorry if you didnโ€™t get featured, but you will def be in the next one! Peace โ˜ฎ๏ธ!ย 

Also, can you figure out what me and Rose said?

Ps. Sapphire is a shade she can use shadows and teleport and turn invisible hehehhehee

January 09, 2021 04:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

474 comments

Up Voter
21:46 Jan 10, 2021

Omg, it is so cool how you include fellow writers into your stories!! <3

Reply

Shae Greyfeather
22:35 Jan 10, 2021

Yeah, Celeste does have that talent! ๐Ÿ˜€

Reply

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IRIS I AM SO SORRRRRY I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LATE THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reply

Shae Greyfeather
12:18 Jan 13, 2021

You're welcome! ๐Ÿ˜

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kylie Rudolf
01:13 Jan 18, 2021

I love your name!

Reply

Shae Greyfeather
15:32 Jan 18, 2021

Who?

Reply

Kylie Rudolf
16:54 Jan 18, 2021

You both! Iris Greyfeather and Celeste Shin Bu. They are beautiful!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Hey Celeste!! Loved the story so much! Also, I am so happy that you liked my story Celeste! Means so much to me!! :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Danny -
07:48 Jan 10, 2021

hellloo..i neeeed hallpp plss. i wass downvotedd, (not that i had much karma to begin with) but AHHHHHH i didnt even have much and they still downvoted meee. wanna trade upvotes?? i got you to 6379, btw. P.S. i read your demon slayer fanfic, totally unrelated question, do you also watch steven universe?

Reply

Shae Greyfeather
22:39 Jan 10, 2021

I am Marshmallow. I will up vote.

Reply

Danny -
22:51 Jan 10, 2021

I am also marshmallow. I upvoted :DD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Danny -
22:45 Jan 10, 2021

Omigoshhh thank youuu.. AND YOU WATCH SU, GASP ARE WE BEST FRIENDS NOW??

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
18:07 Jan 12, 2021

WHY ARE ALL MY FRIENDS BEING DOWNVOTEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
22:44 Jan 09, 2021

OMG IM HERE AFTER THE EDIT ABOUT ME AND- GIRL YOU MAKE ME LOOK EXACTLY HOW I WANT TO I- I LOVE YOU CELESTEEEEEE THANK YOUUUUU

Reply

HEHEHEHEHEH SISISISISISSSSS YESSSSSS NO PROBLEM ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

Reply

22:47 Jan 09, 2021

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD XDDDDDDD

Reply

22:48 Jan 09, 2021

*HAPPY DANCES*

Reply

*dances like a crazed animal ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ*

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
14:40 Jan 09, 2021

O. M. G. I AM AN AMAZING PERSON YASSSSS THANKS SO MUCH YOU CAPTURED ME SO WELLL!!! Just one thing: Atlas Shrugged was written by Ayn Rand, John Galt is the main character XD

Reply

. .
17:08 Jan 09, 2021

XD

Reply

. .
18:17 Jan 09, 2021

MIND OR WATER

Reply

MIND/PSYCHIC IS TAKEN SO CAN YOU HAVE A POWER THAT IS THE SAME AS YOUR COLOR? Sorry.......

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
07:16 Jan 12, 2021

Awesome story and playful characters. It was such a friendly = and lovely story. I loved the goofiness and the magic between the friends. I would love more series like this.

Reply

Radhika Diksha
16:32 Jan 12, 2021

By the way, I have submitted a new story would love your feedback on it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
21:18 Jan 19, 2021

This was a great story, can't wait for the others.... Also, could I be in it? ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿฅบ I love stories that involve others and the supernatural.

Reply

21:31 Jan 19, 2021

Yes, I would love that! Anywhere you can fit me I'm okay with. And thanks for the likes and follow! :)

Reply

awwwwwwwwww alright fill this out: Hair: Eyes: Clothes you wear all the time: curse: (this is only for you!): color: evil laugh: thing that possesses you:

Reply

12:27 Jan 20, 2021

lol, I've had a character like this in my head for years, ever since I watched supergirl. Thanks. Hair: Black with golden tips, Spiked/shaped like lightning Eyes: Grey with specks of gold Clothes you wear all the time: Black sleeveless button-up, blue jeans, black combat boots, and blue beanie. curse: (this is only for you!): Everywhere they go lightning follows color: Gold evil laugh: A dry chuckle the thing that possesses you: Zeus' Enemies

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kylie Rudolf
01:15 Jan 18, 2021

I think that is wonderful that you turn your followers into characters, and even better, you make them just as they would have wanted to be portrayed! Love your work! ๐Ÿค

Reply

Show 0 replies
Maya -
16:16 Jan 15, 2021

Would you like to play skribble again at 2:30? :) Megan and Riddhi are playing today.

Reply

Maya -
17:12 Jan 15, 2021

YAY!!! :D Can you tell me when your collab with Brooke comes out so I can read it?

Reply

Maya -
17:15 Jan 15, 2021

Okay! I can't wait to read it! :D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lilliane Wei
19:28 Jan 13, 2021

Celieeeee Don't you have a sibling or another account that's on Reedsy?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nainika Gupta
23:22 Jan 12, 2021

just because I read this...cried AGAIN bc I have such amazing online friends...REREAD AND AJNAJSNFLASFNLAJSNFJSA CRIED AGAIN imma upvote you a ton!!

Reply

OMG Thanks but you really are an amazing friend I wanna show the world THatTtTt Also next one you have a power. What do you want? For power?

Reply

Nainika Gupta
13:07 Jan 13, 2021

Awww Uhm gimme options

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Penny Loveheart
21:06 Jan 12, 2021

You are weird

Reply

Show 0 replies
Lilliane Wei
04:42 Jan 12, 2021

Just stopped by to upvote you!!!

Reply

Show 1 reply

This was so amazingly awesome and I cant wait for more parts!!!!!!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kristin Neubauer
13:17 Jan 10, 2021

I love your descriptions of the charactersโ€™ transformations. They sound ethereal and Iโ€™m looking forward to seeing where the adventure takes them!

Reply

Show 1 reply
23:01 Jan 09, 2021

AFTER ANOTHER EDIT ABOUT ME- GIRL I LOVE YOU SO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I NEED TO FIND A WAY TO REPAY YOU. LIKE, RN.

Reply

XDddDDdDddd๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ

Reply

Show 0 replies
23:02 Jan 09, 2021

YES I ALREADY HAVE AN IDEA HEHEHEHEEH

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
22:47 Jan 09, 2021

HERE AFTER THE THIRD EDIT ABOUT ME AND- I THOUGHT YOU WERE AT MAXIMUM AWESOMENESS BUT YOU PROVED ME WRONGGGGGGG!!! THANK. YOU.

Reply

Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.