28 comments

Lesbian American Drama

This story contains sensitive content

Content warning: Child loss


Another apple disintegrates under the weight of Evelyn's boots. It is the third one in the five minutes that they've been in the orchard, and it does nothing to quell her nagging suspicion that this whole excursion is a mistake. The mushy fruit clings to the sole of her shoe like a beggar, but she refuses to fall any farther behind.


Already ten paces ahead, her wife, Gloria, whips through the row of apple trees with the same pinballesque efficiency she uses when stuffing bills and magazines and credit card offers into the mailboxes on her route. Her fingers, nails bitten to the quick, carelessly snatch apples from their branches. Gloria's dark hair, longer than Evelyn likes, flows past her shoulders. In the glare of the Illinois sunshine, Evelyn can discern all the strands of gray that weren't there when they visited this orchard a year ago.


Of course, a year ago they'd also had Adam with them. His laughter, delicate and bright as a new Hot Wheels car; the pitter-patter of his feet against the grass; the way he perched on Gloria's shoulders, his legs wrapped around her neck like a hug, as he clutched at the apples high in the trees.


Evelyn tries not to think about that, tries to shove those thoughts in the crawl space of her mind along with the bruising and the nosebleeds and the hospital visits and the leukemia. She reminds herself that they're here today to enjoy themselves.


"What do you think of this one?" Gloria asks, turning to Evelyn. In her hand sits a lopsided circle the color of blood, large and lustrous. The apple picking bag that's strapped to her shoulders like a harness, already a third of the way full, resembles a baby sling.


Though thankful for the words—they've spoken no more than necessary today, no more than to begrudgingly agree to fulfill their promise to come to the apple orchard—Evelyn cannot bring herself to look at her wife, the apple, the bag. She pivots and places a hand above her eyes, squinting until she can see nothing but a dim bar of sunlight, and says, "Looks good." Her throat is dry and her voice comes out like cheap sandpaper.


"I think so too. How are you doing over there?"


"I'm doing," Evelyn says.


Leaves rustle as Gloria picks another apple. The sound of it falling and knocking against the others in her bag is like bone on bone. Evelyn grinds her teeth and turns back to her own tree. Its arms overflow with blood-red offerings. The sugar-sweet aroma churns her stomach.


"Ev, your bag is empty," Gloria says, her voice suddenly close, and Evelyn startles. When did Gloria get behind her? How long has she been staring at this tree? She looks down at her bag, at a loss for words and apples. 


Gloria says, "Here," plucks an apple from her own bag, and tosses it into Evelyn's. "You have to start somewhere."


Evelyn murmurs a noncommittal thank you. It's enough for Gloria, who turns on her heels and continues down the lane. Evelyn waits a few seconds before releasing the apple from its baggy prison and dropping it in front of her. This time, she makes sure not to disintegrate it.


***


If she wants to, Evelyn can conjure up the image of Adam in the Subaru, his tiny face aglow in the rearview mirror as they passed the apple orchard, his voice as high and feverish as the Elmo doll in his lap. They were heading home from the airport after a trip to Disneyland, and Adam was in no hurry to let the magic end. Jet lag anchored Evelyn's hands to the steering wheel and her body to the leather seat. But then Gloria nodded her approval, twisting in her seat and eyeing the retreating orchard, vetoing fatigue, so Evelyn U-turned and the three of them watched the plantation expand through the windshield.


Adam bounced around the orchard like a feral child. He sprinted up and down rows of hedges and trees and ran his fingers across all the fruit on the low-slung branches. More than once, he launched Elmo into the air on a mission to retrieve a treetop apple. A few onlookers shook their heads at him. Evelyn turned bright crimson under the weight of their stony judgment, but Gloria simply shrugged and said, "Hey, boys will be boys."


Still, Evelyn had fun despite herself. She clapped when Gloria gave him a piggyback ride. She encouraged him to "Reach for the sky!" in her best Woody impersonation. She laughed when he grabbed a bruised apple from the ground, chomped, and the juice dribbled like a trail of tears down his chin.


Toward the end of their time in the orchard, as they were going to weigh their fruit, Adam stepped the wrong way onto a fallen apple and pitched forward. Evelyn whirled around when she heard his cry and watched the event unfold as if in slow-motion: Elmo flying from the boy's grip, Adam arcing his body to the side to land on his sleeveless arm instead of his face, his shoe, perpetually untied, dislodging itself from his foot. He collapsed on the ground with a thud.


To his credit, the boy neither cried nor fussed, not when Gloria sat him upright and rubbed his back. Not when Evelyn traced her finger lightly down his arm, asking "Does this hurt? How about now?" Not even when, later that night, as Evelyn was weaving crust into a lattice for her apple pie, she questioned the mottled purple bruise by Adam's shoulder as he circled a date in red magic marker on the calendar and made plans for next September's apple picking adventure.


She can conjure up all of this at a moment's notice, if she wants to. The problem is, she doesn't.


***


To Evelyn, the thirty minutes they've been in the orchard feels like thirty hours. Her apple bag is still empty while Gloria, in the next row over, resembles a mother kangaroo, her pouch poking out over her stomach, pregnant with life.


"How're you doing over there, Ev?" she shouts over the thicket of trees. There are small openings in between each tree that reveal a sliver of the other lane. Evelyn can see her wife through the gap, knows she already has the answer to her own question.


"I'm doing," Evelyn replies, but her heart isn't in it, hasn't been for a while.


"I can't wait to taste some of your apple pie," Gloria says. The rustle of leaves echoes as a branch snaps back into place. "I might even have it with some hot fudge and crushed nuts."


Evelyn recognizes this statement as call-and-response. "And I might leave you for Jodie Foster if you do" is the answer Gloria wants to hear, a reference to their first date at Evelyn's house so long ago. Back then, after Evelyn had said that, Gloria abruptly dropped her fork, leaned across the table, and kissed Evelyn, breaking the seal of her lips with her tongue. When she pulled away, the first thing she said was, "I'd like to see Jodie Foster do that."


The memory passes through Evelyn's mind as though it were simply something she'd seen once in a movie or a dream, something that happened to actors, imaginary people, anyone but her. Gloria stands on the other side of the trees, her fingers grazing a waxy red apple, and stares at Evelyn. She is waiting for an answer.


Evelyn's feet move before her mouth can. She speedwalks down the lane, away from the spot where Gloria is calling after her, bouncing words off her back.


She goes four lanes over to a spot where the gaps in the trees only reveal the next two rows. Unsurprisingly, this section of the orchard also exclusively contains apples the same shade as blood. But it also contains quiet, which is sweeter than any fruit could ever hope to taste.


A little while before or after Adam died in March—Evelyn can never remember which, in the blurry haze of the timeline—the doctor said that only five percent of children, at the most, got unlucky with leukemia treatment. That was the word he'd used, Evelyn remembers that much: "unlucky."


But that isn't something she ever wanted to know.


What Evelyn would like to know, what she asked herself today when she crawled out of bed and saw the red magic marker circle on the calendar, what she's been asking herself almost every day since spring, is if he had been sick even before then. Before he fell on the apple and bruised his pale skin. Before the constant calls from the preschool and the blood-crusted T-shirts.


What she wants to know is when it started. She already knows how it ends.


That's what she's thinking about when the sound of laughter wafts through the lane. The leaves quake like someone is trying to uproot the trees. A little boy pokes his head through the opening as though it's a secret entrance. Evelyn steps back and presses her empty apple bag against her stomach. Somewhere a lane or two over, a woman is yelling a name: "Conrad! Conrad, where are you?"


"Shh," says the boy to Evelyn, bringing a finger to his mouth. He winks conspiratorially like an accomplice. He can't be any older than six, with a flop of blond hair. "I'm hiding from my mom."


Evelyn says nothing.


The shouting gets louder, the voice more shaky. The boy retreats into the interstice of the trees just as his mother appears at the end of the lane. Blonde with her hair in a ponytail, probably a decade younger than Evelyn, late twenties if she had to guess, her tone unmistakably laced with panic and desperation: "Conrad, please! This isn't funny anymore!" She looks like a bobblehead, craning her neck as if it were spring-loaded.


When she looks at Evelyn, even from fifteen feet away, the tears and fears in her eyes are unmistakable. Something stirs inside Evelyn, some unspoken maternal bond. She lifts her finger and points to the spot where Conrad is waiting like a ninja, eyes closed, chest barely swaying with the rhythm of his breathing. The mother steps forward tentatively, like Evelyn might be luring her into a trap, but when Conrad's close enough to see, she lets a few tears stain her cheeks and mouths out her thanks.


Conrad groans when his mother yanks him from his hiding spot. Green leaves litter his hair. "Aw, man! How did you find me?" is all he thinks to ask. He isn't concerned that his mother thought she lost him.


To Evelyn's surprise, Conrad's mother drops to her knees and hugs her son. Her body rocks with the sobs of relief. Any panic, desperation, anger she had is gone. Her son is safe again. He is accounted for. He is alive. "You're okay," she keeps saying, running her hands over his hair. "You're okay, you're okay."


Rain clouds drift past the sun, blanketing the three of them in shade. Something fragile inside Evelyn is threatening to shatter. This time she doesn't just speedwalk out of the lane, she dashes. She can't be here anymore.


She must look as crazy as Conrad's mother, running past rows of apple trees like a bobblehead. She knows what to look for: plaid vest, camo pants, black boots. Why is it so hard to find her wife?


Evelyn realizes with a start that Gloria drove today, that she's got the keys with her. She imagines Gloria jumping behind the wheel, replacing her spot in the passenger's seat with a child-sized lump of produce.


After minutes of running, she goes to the first unoccupied lane she sees and slumps against a tree. Throwing a hand over her eyes, she tries to regulate her ragged breathing. The sun and the blue sky are gone, overshadowed by fat gray clouds. Something soft and light and wet pricks her arm.


"There you are."


She lowers her arm only slightly to see Gloria standing there. The look on her face, like her tone of voice, gives nothing away. She is still carrying her apple bag, which is almost full.


"It's time to go." Evelyn hears the desperation in her voice but is helpless to stanch it. Another raindrop hits her face. "I can't do this anymore."


Something flashes across Gloria's face that Evelyn doesn't recognize. Gloria tilts her head to the side, as if she's seeing her own wife for the first time.


"No, I'm not ready to leave just yet," Gloria says.


Evelyn slowly rises to her feet. "Well, I am. I've been ready since the moment we got here." 


"Trust me, I can tell," Gloria says. Her voice shakes like Conrad's mother's. "Can you just try to enjoy yourself? Please?" The last word comes out as a whisper.


"No," Evelyn says, before the word please gets a chance to breathe. "We need to go. Now."


"I'm sorry," Gloria says as she rips an apple from a nearby branch, "but I'm having fun here. I'm having a blast."


"Don't do that," Evelyn retorts. "Don't act like you're having a good time when you're not."


Gloria tilts her head the other way and stares into Evelyn's eyes. "At least I'm trying."


Evelyn says nothing.


Somewhere a few lanes over, Conrad is shouting: "Hey, hey! Watch what I can do!"


"I'm trying to keep things normal," Gloria says, quieter. "That's all."


Evelyn shakes her head. "You don't get it. It's not normal. It's never going to be normal again. Not like it was."


Gloria tucks a lock of hair behind her ear as the drizzle comes down on them. Beads of rain gather on the apples in her bag and slide off slowly.


"And I didn't even wanna come to this stupid place to begin with," Evelyn adds. "In fact, I wouldn't have either if not for," but she can't bring herself to mention the calendar in the kitchen, or the boy who wrote on it.


"That's the problem, Evelyn." When was the last time Gloria used her full name? She can't remember. "I've tried to be patient. Really, I have. But you never want to go anywhere or do anything anymore."


Though she knows it's true, in the heat of the moment, Evelyn can't help herself from striking back. "Well, what about you, huh? You're acting like everything is fine. Like everything's okay. You're acting like he isn't dead."


It occurs to her, already too late, that this comment is a mistake. She can count on one hand the number of times they've broached the subject of Adam in the past six months. Evelyn knows it was a low blow.


But wasn't she the one who bore the brunt of the in vitro fertilization? Wasn't she the one who refused the epidural, the one who writhed and panted and cursed in that bleach-white hospital bed five years ago? She and Adam have a bond that Gloria can't possibly understand.


She believes that should count for something. 


Evelyn says, "You're acting like you know everything, like you know how I feel, but you don't. You weren't the one who had him."


Gloria blinks once. Her eyelids don't come up all the way on the return trip. She speaks slowly, deliberately: "No, but that doesn't mean I didn't love him."


And she turns on her heel and stalks off. She gets to the end of the lane and vanishes behind an armada of trees. Thick raindrops pelt Evelyn's body as she waits for Gloria to return.


She doesn't.


Gloria is gone.


Above Evelyn, a ripe red McIntosh apple hangs off the end of a vine. Slowly, deliberately, she reaches up to grab it. When it's firmly in her grasp, she hurls it at the ground and disintegrates it under the weight of her boot. Then she drops to her knees and rummages through the wreckage until she discovers what she's looking for. She finds five in total.


The brown apple seeds, small as grains of rice, weigh heavy in her hand as she walks to the end of the orchard lane. She picks an empty spot of grass. She rips out as many blades as she can before plunging her hands into the wet earth. When she decides the hole is deep enough, she buries each seed, one by one, in the ground. Then she replaces the soil with her dirty fingernails and steps back.


It'll be perfect, she thinks. Just give it time. She's creating something here, a legacy, a future. Something beyond herself. Something that will have a fair chance at life.


She makes a promise to check it every year, every month, to watch its growth. She'll mark it on her calendar in red if she has to, if that's what it takes.


Here now in the autumn rain, Evelyn can conjure up almost everything clearly in her mind's eye, if she wants to: years from now, the blistering sun, the spring-green leaves, and the tree—this very apple tree that she planted and grew all by herself—with its twiggy arms outstretched as if offering a hug, a sweet red embrace. She can feel the breeze on her skin, hear the sound of a child laughing in the distance. The only thing she cannot see, not for the life of her, when she turns her head to the side, is if Gloria is with her or if, once again, she'll be standing here all alone.

April 01, 2022 23:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

28 comments

23:56 Apr 28, 2022

This story is so beautifully written! The characters are incredibly written, the feeling of grief is so raw and real, and the setting is heartbreaking. You take incredibly difficult topics and write them with sensitivity and compassion. This makes these stories so amazing, and it shows how incredible a writer you are. This may be my favorite story I’ve read.

Reply

Zack Powell
04:32 Apr 29, 2022

Wow, thank you, Ella! That's a huge compliment. It's always nice to know that these stories come across with sensitivity and compassion, as that's my main goal with these topics. Thank you for reading and for your time.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lavonne H.
19:52 Apr 04, 2022

Oh Zack. You have written a gripping story--it pulls the reader into so many emotions. I can't even describe where my heart broke apart and how desolate I felt at the end. Because if Gloria isn't with Evelyn, then three lives will be lost. You have had so many comments for this story. I cannot possibly add anything unique. I will simply say 'thank you' for writing this one; the way that you did. Yours in writing, Lavonne

Reply

Zack Powell
00:14 Apr 05, 2022

Thank you, Lavonne! You got it just right, how loss can be a domino effect. I appreciate your comments and your wisdom.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
18:14 Apr 04, 2022

I just got done crying my eyes out in the girls bathroom. I love it. It was amazingly written.

Reply

Zack Powell
00:13 Apr 05, 2022

Thank you so much, Awexis. Sorry for making you cry!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kai Corvus
20:31 Apr 02, 2022

I've read this story multiple times and each time I'm captivated by how moving every element of it is. The characters and plot are both perfect. I love how you can see the contrast between Evelyn and Gloria just by how they deal with their grief in their own ways. I love the ending, as well! It manages to leave the readers on a cliffhanger without lacking the feeling of a proper ending, which I know is something that I struggle with quite a bit. Overall, this is an amazing story! Thank you for sharing it!

Reply

Zack Powell
04:37 Apr 03, 2022

Thank you very much, Kai, both for reading it multiple times and for your lovely comment. Glad to hear that the characters and plot worked for you. Endings are my favorite thing to write, but for sure the trickiest, so it's nice to hear that this one was satisfying. Thanks for reading!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Michał Przywara
16:51 Apr 02, 2022

This was a good story on an ugly topic. We can sympathize with both Evelyn and Gloria, and the strain on their relationship is palpable. I like that the story ends with some kind of resolution, but not every issue is magically fixed -- we're still left with a murky mess. We get a lot of insight into Evelyn since she dominates the POV, but I think you convey a lot about Gloria too, more indirectly. I like a lot of the subtle actions, the words ripe with meaning. Thanks for sharing!

Reply

Zack Powell
17:55 Apr 02, 2022

Thanks for reading, Michał! The magical fix ending, tempting as it was, just didn't feel right for this narrative. Very glad to hear Gloria's more subdued characterization had weight to it. Third person is not my forte, so I was shaky on balancing the two women appropriately. Thanks again!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Suma Jayachandar
14:24 Apr 02, 2022

Zack, The emotional intensity, character building, and the setting( that is at once sparse yet so fertile) are brilliant. The paragraph where Conrad's mother reacts to finding him was so relatable. I remember being the exact same way when I was a young mother. It's amazing that you have captured it so well. Needless to say, once again top-notch work. Thanks for sharing it.

Reply

Zack Powell
17:49 Apr 02, 2022

Thank you, Suma! The scene with Conrad and his mother was definitely inspired by a past event, so I'm glad the essence of it translated to the page. I loved your story this week too. Thanks for reading this.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kelsey H
10:09 Apr 02, 2022

Wow, this was really a powerful and sad story. Evelyn's pov is amazing really poetic and bleak but not actually depressing. Something I loved is how everything she sees reminds her of her son and her loss, ie the references to the apples being like blood, the bag looking like a baby sling, the apples sounding like bones. Such a good way to show where her emotions are at without outright stating them. The imagery of her walking through the apple orchard is so good, it has a quiet and slightly spooky vibe, and I liked how it had the theme of...

Reply

Zack Powell
17:47 Apr 02, 2022

Thank you, Kelsey! You got just what I was going for, with the loss reminders, the orchard, and the names. I thought this story was probably too dark when I was writing it, which is where those lighter moments came from. I appreciate your comment on the ending (and your comments/thoughts as a whole, always), and am pleased the uncertainty came through. I didn't want an unambiguously happy or unhappy ending, so that's good. I always, always love hearing what you have to say. You're a phenomenal writer, so any feedback you have (good or bad) ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Riel Rosehill
06:55 Apr 02, 2022

Hey Zack! What an intriguing title..! Adam and Eve(lyn)? And it in an apple orchard? Garden of Eden? And GLORIA? Nice, nice, nice... I especially appreciated how you described the apples as the colour of blood. (You don't know this but I once wrote a very short piece of how the apple came to be. And according to my unhinged mind, before Eve, they were alive - the bruised like people, their flesh had blood pumping inside and they could feel the pain of that first ever bite that traumatized them so much they turned into the fruit of today out...

Reply

Zack Powell
17:40 Apr 02, 2022

I'm glad you got something out of this, because this story was my first choice, and then I was like "Not feeling it," so I went to my second choice, which was more fun but ended up being like 2000 words over the word limit and I'm too stubborn to pare it down, so I had to jump back to this one. #AuthorProblems 😭 Show us the apple story! That sounds like a fun read. Reminds me of the stuff I wrote during my fanfiction days (LOL, don't judge me). The flashback was my favorite scene (besides the ending). And we have the same favorite line. An...

Reply

Riel Rosehill
18:50 Apr 02, 2022

...I really, REALLY want to read your second story now! Can I? If I ask you very nicely? The apple story wasn't fanfic but it WAS 100% written during my fanfiction days LOL 🤣 There are two issues though: the one is the teeny tiny issue of it being in Hungarian. The second one is what I'm kicking myself for though: I have lost it, and most of my old writing when due to my lack of IT skills I lost everything on my laptop in 2013. There may be print out there somewhere or a file on someone else's PC or in their email.. but I've got nothing 😅 ...

Reply

Zack Powell
19:25 Apr 02, 2022

I've gotta clean the other story up and run it through another round of drafting this week (I didn't even spell/grammar check it or anything yet 😅), but once I do, you'll be the first person who gets to see it! It's a fun plot, I think you'll enjoy it. 😭 I know the feeling of losing old work. Devastating. (Although in my case, I was like 16-17, so it wasn't particularly GOOD work. Just a jumble of angst and edginess.) Drarry was a BIG one for me too. High school me put fanfiction over homework (#priorities #goals). Ashamed to say I jumped...

Reply

Riel Rosehill
20:58 Apr 02, 2022

Thank you, I can't wait to see that fun plot! Give me shout once you're ready with it~ 🥰 And now... Take back that last bracketed sentence - you are in my most treasured top two (it's an equal draw) when it comes to giving feedback, and the other person is an actual editor at a publishing house, so there's that. 🤗 I was seriously staring to think we were the exact same people in high school, but only until the YA bandwagon, haha. Pretty damn close though, with the edgy writing as well, the #priotities perfectly aligned too!🤣 But I was all ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Shea West
03:05 Apr 02, 2022

Zack there were quite a few things that I enjoyed about this story. I'm a sucker for titles or a play on words, so you got me there. The way that you used an apple orchard and tied in Adam and Eve(lyn) was quite clever. The subtle digs between the partners were quite reflective of those who have lost children. I work as a doula and sadly have witnessed the effects the loss of a child has on parents, and the differences in which they present themselves from each parent is quite significant. It's a reminder that grief is not static, nor is it...

Reply

Zack Powell
04:04 Apr 02, 2022

Thanks, Shea! This was (is?) honestly a working title, but I couldn't come up with anything better, so why not? I don't have children of my own, so I can't even imagine how deeply that would affect a person. "Grief is not static, nor is it linear." I might steal that in the future. That's a beautiful quote. And thank you! When I started the story last week, it was a cisgendered heteronormative couple with this narrative, but I enjoyed writing the dynamic of this couple much more. It was a lot less rigid. Thanks as always! Your story this w...

Reply

Shea West
18:59 Apr 02, 2022

I think, and this is my opinion, you should keep the title! Replace the word grief with anything else-- Life, weight, joy, love, pregnancy, childbirth, parenting-- in that sentence and it works. I use it often in my line of work. I'm glad you changed the couple as it is more impactful with this dynamic!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Sharon Hancock
02:18 Apr 02, 2022

I am speechless. That was amazing. The flow, the rhythm, the story itself…wow. Well done. You knocked that one out of the park! It’s such a sad theme, but you managed to keep it out of the hopelessly depressed realm by focusing on the mothers and how they were dealing with their grief. I loved the ending with the apple seeds…again it adds a hopeful feel to the story and uniquely brings in the prompt. Loved it!

Reply

Zack Powell
03:56 Apr 02, 2022

Thank you, Sharon! You've earned one big 😺 for your kindness. The ending was my favorite part to write, so I'm glad to hear it worked out. I saw you posted two stories this week! Look at you working overtime. Lemme go give em a read.

Reply

Sharon Hancock
02:27 Apr 03, 2022

Powell is my maiden name, btw. Maybe we’re cousins!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
J.C. Lovero
01:47 Apr 02, 2022

Oof, oof, oof. Zack, I'd forgotten how poetic you are with your words. You really nailed the trifecta here... I'm going to take a page from your book and just gush here for a moment: Characters: this is the strongest bit for me. Evelyn and Gloria feel so real in this story, each processing their feelings in their own way. And although Adam was never really "present" in the story, his presence was felt throughout. Really skillful writing there. Plot: heartbreaking. I don't have children of my own, but I've heard enough parents say their gr...

Reply

Zack Powell
03:54 Apr 02, 2022

J.C., I need you over my shoulder every time I write, because you give me some big confidence! I don't know that I've ever felt so meh about writing a piece for Reedsy as this one here (there's a reason why it's taken me thirteen stories to finally write one in third person POV, LOL). Just could not get into the rhythm of it at all. BUT I do appreciate that lovely comments! I'm glad Adam's presence had weight. You can never tell when you write these things. And thank you for connecting the Biblical allusions. Side note: I literally punched ...

Reply

J.C. Lovero
12:33 Apr 02, 2022

Hi Zack! Is this your first story written in third person on Reedsy? Shame on me for not noticing (your writing is all good so it blends together lolol). When I first ventured into creative writing about a year ago, I exclusively wrote in first person POV. Took me several months to eventually try out third person. I like them both now for different reasons, depending on the story and the characters. Glad you gave it a shot, because it worked with this piece! Don't worry - if you're feeling empty, we can always make popcorn and binge watch R...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.