1 comment

Drama Funny Adventure

Am D Gsus C....

"One step I'm soaring,

Two steps I'm roaring,

Three steps I'm living,

Four....Am

Five....D",

Liv just finished his new song composition and now practicing it to perfect his guitar chords. This is the last song of his album that is going to be released by the end of the month. He composes all of his songs in all of his albums and just one of his greatest pride in the industry.


"Your album is magnifique! It's very musique country. Except the third song of the album which you said was your last to finished, it sounds musique pop to me. It doesn't suit the album and I want to remove it. Ne convient pas," the extremely hot producer commented at the album during the first evaluation.


"But "Steps" is my break through single!? I wrote and created its melodies out of love of my journey at the country roads. I can change it to something more country but you cannot delete it from the album," Liv demanded but Monique, as one of the top agency producers of the industry never bends to "small" complaints.


"Non. We will release your album tomorrow midnight and no time for recomposing songs. We have to polish your album cover now. But don't worry, baby, your "Steps" will still make you money," Monique said with a broken accent.


Midnight the next day, Liv, his manager, Monique and other producers are all staring at the laptop on the table a little excited. "Three. Two. One." Everyone counted along with the countdown. Monique clicks the release button at the center of the screen.


Liv's album ranks votes all through the hour and has been voted to billboard's top 100. They all cheer in excitement, but something caught Liv's eyes on the screen monitor of the laptop.


"Hey, that's my song! It is my Steps! Who's that teenagers? They have my song," Liv exclaims surprised but not a happy one.


"Oh that, I told you Steps will still make you money, so I sold it to that boyband's agency. It reaches top 10 and ranking still," Monique said. Liv sighs disappointed.


A week later, "Thank you, everyone, for coming here with us tonight," the crowd cheers, "My name is Calan Winters and you made our lives, four of us, the Tropical Cabana, you made us happy just by coming here with us in our official debut album release concert," the crowd's cheers went wild and louder. "This is for you," the cheers continue as the band started singing "Steps".


After the official debut album release concert, Calan, Hearst, Dames, and Trix went straight at the club they always hang out together. They wanted to chill and relax a bit before going to bed.


"Hi! Tropical Cabana, right?" A smoking hot girl approaches them. "I love your Steps song. Can you sing it for us here?" The girl asks.


"Sure!" Trix said walking away to the stage. His three bandmates follow him. Everyone surrounded them especially hot girls. They sing to the beat of their song and dance neatly. The crowd cheers wild and loud singing along with the band. They enjoy their performance and after mingling a little, they said their goodbyes and goodnights to everyone.


The next morning, the band Tropical Cabana has an interview with the most prestigious talk show in town.


"Hello, folks! What is it your thinking when you heard the word Tropical Cabana?" the host asks the crowd.


The crowd screams. "One step I'm soaring," the audience started singing, "two steps I'm roaring," the host sings along, "three steps I'm living, four hmm, five hmm...." the studio audience hums. "O'right! Folks, let's welcome the Tropical Cabana!" the host said, the crowd screams wildly. The boyband enters. "Hello, everyone! Good morning!" Each of the band greets the audience. The crowd cheers wildly, "steps, steps, steps, steps!" yelling the hit single of the band.


"You're the most sought after boyband today with your album "Steps" and your carrier single hits top one in the billboard, how do you guys started as a band?" The host asks the band. The crowd screams wildly. The band and the host laugh in awe.


"Well, we actually auditioned at the boyband.com," Calan answers. "Yeah. All of us posted our sample songs at the website and we were picked as trainees," Trix added.


"They called us saying "you passed to be the next boyband.com's trainee" and I was like oh my god! I literally dropped at the couch!" Dames said and everyone laughs at his story.


"We were trained and weekly one is being eliminated until only four of us were declared the boyband.com winners," Hearst said. "Yeah and we were entitled of three years contract with hype.com and here we are," Calan added and the crowd screams.


"Your single "Steps" has been a success reaching top three at the first hour of release, the song lyrics reflect to your journey at the music industry. What can you as the singer say about that?" the host asks. The crowd silence and listen quietly.


"Well, "Steps" is a great song in fact we loved it even the first time that we heard it. I'm so happy to have the song in our album. Thanks to MusicZone for the great music. They help us to finish our album," Calan said. The crowd cheers.


Liv turns off the tv. "You sold my song to MusicZone?" he frowns at Monique. "Oh honey, they buy it for half million dollars and it hits billboard top one, you still have 8% of what the song's earnings. You should be happy. Y'know heureux," Monique winks at him with her fingers circled gesturing money.


"Do they even know I wrote that song out of love and inspiration of my music career?" Liv asks deliberately. Monique laughs in a sexy way which is her natural way when annoyed. "Oh baby, you could write new "Steps" and I assure you it will be another billboard top 1, musique country or not I will put it in your album. C'est une promesse," Monique said as a promise to him. "One more thing, do not tell the media that you wrote the song. It will be a liability to the song contract," she added.


Tropical Cabana's album reached trillions at the market on its first season. They had tour around the world for the official release concert of their album. Their carrier single "Steps" have been a success to their band's launch.


August 29, 2020 00:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Meggy House
12:36 Sep 05, 2020

Wow! It's so ironic, how Liv's song became famous despite Monique's doubts. It's as if her passion shone through to create the perfect song. If you wouldn't mind, could you read one of my stories? This is my first time in a competition and I would love feedback! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.