Johnny and Sandy Went Apple Picking

Submitted into Contest #63 in response to: Write about two characters going apple picking.... view prompt

0 comments

American

One day Johnny got home from school on a Friday afternoon, he was in a rush to eat dinner. But the bus was taking forever. He told the bus driver to go faster and he was not going to do that so he wouldn't put lives in danger. He finally got home and he grabbed a plate and got a hamburger fries and chips. After he ate he asked if he can go apple picking tomorrow to start of the weekend right. His parents named Joseph and Michelle didn't care. So he texted his friend named Sandy and asked if she wanted to go pick apples her and her parents didn't care. So the next day he woke up and packed his bags. His mom asked him if he has water and things to not get dehydrated. He ignored her and walked out the door and his friend Sandy was waiting outside for him so he threw his bags in the trunk and they took off. The nearest apple picking place was about 4 and half hours away, so the just drove it. They stopped at the store to get snacks and drinks for the trip because they both forgot to pack some. They also used the bathroom and that took about 10 minutes. So then they kept driving and didn't stop until they got to the apple picking place. They got out and got there bags and baskets and they got to picking. About 2 hours in they were having to much fun and forgot to call their parents. So there parents kept calling and calling and so they called them back, and they were getting yelled at over the phone. They apologized and their parents were ok with them apologizing so they let them stay longer. Pretty soon it was getting dark so they called and asked if they can stay the night at a hotel. their parents asked why and then Johnny and Sandy said "we didn't get a lot and we wanna pick more tomorrow". Their parents said " yes that would fine be home by tomorrow night. So they went and got a hotel room and stayed up late because they were having fun. So they woke up and took a shower, brushed their teeth, and got ready. Then they left they called their parents to let them know they are on their way back to the apple picking place. So they got out of the car and went to go pick some more apples. Then the host of the place came up to the and asked them how many apples you plan on getting today. They responded " enough to make our families happy. So then they left and got home before dark. Johnny walked inside and then Sandy went home and Johnny's parents asked how many he picked he didn't know so he dumped them out on the ground and they counted them. Sandy walked inside her house and her parents asked the same thing so she dumped them out on the ground and started counting them. Johnny's total was nine hundred and seventy-eight. Sandy's total was nine hundred sixty-nine. So then they both had to many apples so they started selling them outside of their houses. The first day of selling didn't go as planned. They were upset because it didn't go well. Their parents told them everyone's first day didnt go well. So then they ate dinner and called it a night. Once they woke up and started selling apples again. They sold them from dusk till dawn and they were happy because they sold ninety percent and made about five hundred dollars. The they went to school the next day and then the teachers asked everyone how was their weekend and Johnny said "good i went apple picking and got home and sold a lot of them". Sandy is a in a different grade so instead of telling them she had to write it out. So she did and the teachers asked Sandy how much money did you end up making she replied " Almost 500 dollars". The teacher told Sandy to stand up in front of the class and tell the class how her weekend was and how much money she made. The teacher told the class that that is a good way to make money. Then Johnny's teacher told the class that that is also a good way to start making money. They got home and they wanted to go to the mall to spend some money. Their parents told them no they need to save it for the future. So they didn't argue. So they kept doing this for about a month as a routine and pretty soon they had about $3500. Sandy went and bought a new car. Johnny went and bought a car and bought some snacks. Their parents are proud of them. They went back to the apple picking place and then they each got free apples they got a total of five thousand. They also went and picked some more they left the apple place that day with four thousand apples each. Then the next day johnny couldn't sell his apples. Over the night he fell of his bed and got brain damage so his parents rushed him to the hospital and doctor said " im sorry mam but your son is bleeding out of his head and he will have to stay over night" his mom just broke down in tears and started praying to god. His dad sat right beside her and hugged they just sat their and cried the doctors found some apple juice in the room and gave it to Johnny and Johnny drank it once he woke up. His parents and his best friend Sandy they were just sitting there looking at him in tears and he drank some more apple juice and the brain stopped bleeding. Then they got home and johnny sold the rest of his apples and paid his hospital bill and now hes living like a king.

October 15, 2020 00:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.