2 comments

Romance Inspirational Friendship

Gloomy day today. Great day for some uplifting songs. I turned on the tv, habit I adopted to keep myself company. I’ve learned that from a woman I shared hospital room with during my stay at the hospital. She was only visited once a week by her daughter. No more family members. She couldn’t move at all. It was sad to hear her at night to cry herself out the pain she lived in. It was hard to tell if she was delirious or not.

My heart broke every time I heard her. U tried to console her, but the lost look her eyes portrayed broke my heart. I tried to talk to her. No answer. One day, I asked her daughter but no answer. She didn’t want to talk to me. Neither her mom.

One day I came back from physiotherapy and my room was empty.

Hope where ever ever she is at; she is ok.

You can tell my electricity and streaming bills are high. Meh. 

Here’s my excuse:

For anyone who’s feeling alone, this is a great therapy. Not having much human interactions, I’m not including the visit of therapy dogs, which I totally loves doing some friends- that I totally appreciate, listening to the radio keep my mind sharp and exposed to the Laois had learned. 

My mother tongue is Spanish.

And a bit of Chinese 

And a bit of French

Just reading. Just the basics

During my upbringing, my dad introduced me to Chinese, I remember seeing my dad writing in Chinese with a brush. Now I realized he had a gift I wish I could’ve learned, but my stupid teenage life made me look for other activities normal teenagers do. 

Now I regret that. I tell my son and everyone that complains about their parents to love and cherish them. 

Just imagine; seriously, what would you do if you were in their shoes.

Yep.

Laying in my bed, headphones on; I feel my world changes, I feel submerged in my own world. I’m the queen of the queens, I can be who the heck I wanna be. 

A notification popped up in my iPhone- new YouTube video posted from ‘Boy George Presents’. Cool I think, let’s take a look.

So I selected the link to open up the music video.

🎶

Oh yes I know

Music is the best medicine 

Touches your soul

Music is the best medicine 

Melting my ears

Forcing my tears

It’s good for you

It’s good for peace

It’s good for me

It’s good for you

It’s god for ‘I don’t wanna feel this way no more …

🎶

….You know the rest of the lyrics.

If u don’t- Shane on you!

Please go back and correct me me.

I will appreciate it if you do it.

It helps my English 

This song has a very catchy rhythm and lyrics.

This is the new song I will download on my player when it gets released!

Ok, I’m out of the subject. 

Again.

Music has a way of hitting you according to what and how you feel on a specific day or time of the day.

From the time I thanked George until now and every day, I’m thankful for having listened to his songs. Never knew how far my message was going to go great length into my life. Perchance; 1,000 to 1 George would read or pay attention to my message.

Imaginable; yes. I’m just a normal person. A fan. Not the ideal everyone reads on the news. 

Not famous.

Not a songwriter.

Not an icon.

I loved the thrill thinking George would at least take a peek- at my message. 

No I’m silly

No I’m stupid

Stop it Ada.

Enough

Bs

Hold it

Ada - please get ur composure again.

Damm it

Now I totally got absorbed by the world that runs around this song.

I still have flashbacks of my past life at the hospital, my recovery, my return to social life. Literally disable, the outcome was not going to be nice. 

You will see my stories have some mistakes. 

My apologies for that.

If ourselves, having two eyes make normal mistakes; just imagine what only one eye is capable of doing and keep you making mistakes! 

I’m lucky my DL is still clear. But I decided not to drive again.

I’m pretty much aware many people out there still driving with only one eye vision. I would do it in case of an emergency. Sometimes I see better than my husband.

Just kidding.

My obsession to keep myself up to date, educated somehow, makes my anxiety increase.

I’m in deep trouble.

I feel it now. Isn’t anxiety kicking in?

Again? 

I must relax.

George - where are you when I need you the most?

I know he is on tour now.

Pandemic restrictions are being lifted; great for everyone. We all need to go back to our normal.

Myself; I don’t know.

I’m still a prisoner of my house.

I wish I can use the gift I was given to entertain my audience.

My heartfelt thanks for your interest and enjoyment my stories bring you.

You guys are my motivation for continuing writing stories.

Your interest on them and likes are my motivation.

Please continue doing that.

Back to the story, 

George’s stories always helped heal my broken heart and my self esteem. His music always hit the nail on its head. No kidding.

He has a gift, every one must consider.

I heard great songwriters are the ones from the 80s. They knew the art of putting together one’s sadness and troubles into one mean of communicating these feelings called music.

These songs turned into answers to the questions many of us, although being surrounded by many people, still feel alone; where nobody listens to you.

Where nobody seems to know I exist.

This story is dedicated to all those lonely souls out in the world looking for company and unconditional love.

True love that does not cost money.

True, healthy pure love.

Thanks very much!

For your support!❤️

August 22, 2021 17:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Michael Regan
00:01 Oct 06, 2021

Are George and Ada ever going to get together again? I like your writing style although sometimes I am not sure if Ada is talking or you are expressing your own thoughts. For example: "This story is dedicated to all those lonely souls out in the world looking for company and unconditional love." Looking forward to you next George and Ada story.

Reply

Chacha Jaramillo
17:54 Oct 08, 2021

I’m wiring a new story for a prompt just posted. Keep an eye on it! Thanks for your comments ❤️👍😊😘

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.