0 comments

Happy Teens & Young Adult Fiction

June and a poser soldier.

              June, a cute and smart girl, is an air hostess and has a boyfriend, John. He is a strong and quiet soldier. He always struck a handsome pose. He didn’t accept that he loved her and needed her even they had been lovers for a long time. They needed each other but they didn’t accept that they did. When she came back from a flight and she came to meet him, she tried to hug him and said something cute like she missed him so much. He didn’t talk anything to express love, just give her a card, saying “Happy birthday, love and best wishes, John.” He gave the card to June, saying nothing. It’s like he’s not attentive as he didn’t look at her when he’s shy, he turned his back on her but smiled a bit, she didn’t see that he smiled for her.

              She thanked him saying to him that he didn’t have to always try to pose handsomely in his pictures. He can express how he felt no matter it would be his love or good feeling he had. But he is still quiet, not saying what’s in his mind to her. It might be because he is so quiet to say something much like he loved her or he missed her. She understood his personality and her love was true love so she didn’t mean to blame anything on him.

              Each day, they were far apart so often as June had to take a flight for her living as an air hostess. She always bought some cute souvenirs for him, mostly some twin things as the memoir of each other. After the flight, they have a chance to meet but only a little time. However, it is a great time being together.

              When it’s John’s birthday. June didn’t know what to buy for him. So she thought of folding stars in a fish-shaped bottle. She folded the stars every day and then gave that bottle to John on his birthday. He asked the meaning of this gift. She said that one day, she would tell him.

              Later on, it’s happened the case that there was a war in the Southern country. John needed to be in the duty, so he had to go and be apart from June for several months. As well as June, she had to be on a flight as an air hostess. This situation made them far apart again. 

              June would like to cry saying that she would not like him to go because she loves him and missed him so much and didn’t want him to be in danger. But she said nothing even she needed him to be close and never let him go. She knew that he would be responsible for the nation. So she spoke to him that she would wait for him. He said to her that he would come back and would ask her to marry him after the war, just wait for him; he would certainly come back.

              They can communicate with each other through line and facebook but the mobile service was not stable when it is in a combat situation and he was tight-lipped to say how much he missed her.

So in his message, he asked her only whether she was on the flight, what kind of weather it was, had she have a meal, how would she feel, whether she went to bed so late, and ask her to take care of herself. But they couldn’t contact much even they would like to. He wrote the letter to her but he didn’t send it and he wrote the diary about each day’s activity and how much he felt each day and how much he missed her. The combat was severe but he and his team won the battle.

              There was news about the war in the southern country. June realized that she knew that many people died in this war. She was concerned with him. So she took the flight back and drove to the South to meet him as quick as possible. When she met him, she hugged him and said how much she missed him. He hugged her as well to respond to the feeling of missing her so much. She said that she was concerned about him so much. He said that the time told him that who he waited for. He said that he waited for today that they would meet again for a long time and asked her to marry him.

              She said she would because he is the only one she thought of as a life partner. She loved him. She asked him “I love you, do you love me?”

              John said, “Yes, I love you. I really love you.” This might be the first time that he said to her how much he loves her but it means it really. 

              John asked June about the meaning of star bottle, June answered with a shyness that she would like to mean that even fish and star are far apart. Stars can be accumulated in this fish-shaped bottle and be one thing in the form of starfish to express all the love she had.

              They went back home after the war and organize a wedding ceremony and had a happy family. They start to express more love words after stubborn of not saying them for a long time.

He would like to tell anyone that love is the best and the most beautiful feeling in the world, we cannot see or even touch it but we can feel it with our heart. But if it can be cleared by our words, it can confirm and make us happier. So if we love someone, told that person that we love him or her. Don’t try to strike a handsome pose and let it be cold-hearted, it might not be a prove for true love all the time like this case.

              Say it, you might be the next lucky person. Good luck.

May 19, 2021 10:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.