0 comments

Romance

When she saw her friend in the supermarket in the frozen food section she put her hands to her face. Hoping to avoid detection, look she didn't hate Amy. She would love to chat with her but today was not the say. She had a date she needed to make a meal for. I hope she doesn't see thought Elle.

In that second she heard her name being yelled out," Elle, Elle, Elle." Her friend took her cart and drove and parked beside her friend.

"Haven't seen you in a while. Glad I caught you." Said Amy.

"Busy. Busy. Busy." Said Elle.

Taking a glance at her friends cart she noticed the spy milk, Greek yogurt and and lactaid free ice cream and impossible burgers.

"So did you hear about Dinah?" Asked Amy.

"No. What happened." Said Elle.

"She and Dan are breaking up. Caught her in bed with the nanny."

"What was that ten years of marriage down the drain."

"Yeah and don't forget the two kids. Either. He got her pregnant too."

"I'll make sure to give her a call and check on her is been awhile after she got married she went into hiding. I have to go I have an important meal to cook. I have a date tonight."

"Great what's his name?"asked Amy.

"Patrick." She glanced at her watch and stared at it long and hard. "Wow is already after 7pm."

"I love the hair. I guess is for your big date."

"Yeah I went to the salon earlier today."

"Patrick must be special. So tell me about him?"

"Not much we have been chatting by email. I met him through a dating app. You know Minor stuff. Oh my is 7:10 already."

"So what happened to Leslie?"

"Yeah. Didnt work out. We went our separate ways but we are still friends."

"I liked him."

"You still have the same number right."

"Yeah."

"We need to talk and discuss this Patrick guy. Dish out all the details about your big date."

Elle made a dash for the cashier. She got home and it was 8pm. Her date was at 9pm so she didn't have much time to prepare something.

Patrick, she wanted to make an impression on him by cooking this elaborate meal. He worked in finance and made over 100k a year. She was optimistic but cautious at the same time. So many weirdos and lovers on these sites. She remembered a few like Danny, things were fine at first but she had to pay for everything. And then the kicker he asked for 2 grand to bail out his little brother from jail. How about George who was two timing her. She only found out when she saw them on a date. It was early to get her hopes up but she liked Patrick. With 9pm she decided to skip the fancy dinner plans and make potatoes with fish.

What will he think on valentine's day, he wanted to go out a d do something fancy. She wanted to do something romantic for him.

It was 9pm on the dot and her doorbell rang. She took a deep breath and looked through the peephole and it was Patrick. She opened the door and let him in. He gave her a peck on the cheek.

"Smells nice."

She led him to the sofa and turned the television on for him. He looked for the football station. He was a big NY Giant fan. Right then the phone rang. She didn't hear it but Patrick called from the sofa.

"Your phone is ringing."

"Who could it be? Said Elle.

"What. Amy I am busy right now. I can't talk".

She hung up the phone.

"That was my friend Amy."

Patrick had his eyes on the television and couldn't care less who called.

Elle came out of the kitchen with two plates one on each hand. She laid them down on the table and called to Patrick.

"Patrick dinner is ready."

He walked dover to the table and sat down one eye on the television.

He sat down, took one look at his meal and was flabbergasted.

"Why didn't you let me take you out."

She was not having it and called him an "ingrate."

"I mean potatoes for our first date."

She didn't go into detail about her what you would call them disruptions. She thought about telling him to get out. But she held back her tongue.

"We can order out."

" No. No. I'll eat this. I expected lobster something special on our first date. This will do."

Elle sat down next to him and wanted to get this date back on the right foot.

"You work in finance, you are a stockbroker" she asked.

"Yes. I am. Been doing it for 10 years."

"One day you will have to teach me how to play the market."

"Sure. Is easy."

Elle popped in a movie hoping to move on from the first part of this disaster.

She was a big sex and the city fan and so she popped in the movie.

He tried to remain interested but he hated chick flicks. She tried to keep him into the movie by telling him all about the characters but he didn't want to be bothered. She kept yammering on and on.

He gazed at his phone and tried to keep his eyes on the television. But he wanted to run out of there.

Finally midway through the movie he had to go he couldn't take it anymore. He got up and said let's do this another time I'm not in the mood now.

"What you are leaving now. The movie is not over yet."

"I'm not feeling this situation now. We can reschedule for another time."

She didn't want to get mad and give him the power over her. So she walked to the door and held it open for him.

"Have a good day."

She went to her phone and called Amy. She would want to know about this laser.

February 18, 2022 22:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.