0 comments

High School Teens & Young Adult

This story contains sensitive content

*Note from the Author*

Please enjoy this girl's tale and let me know what you think. This is one of the many stories that I believe didn't make it into the Pens of Fate book, and they will be just my stories for giving those who can't handle gore little nightmares. I will continue to write for myself, not for the people who judge based on what the cover looks like. They will miss out on these torn pages that hold beauty written in them. To my inner angels who kept fighting against the demons of my mind, I want to thank you for it. And to those inner monsters of mine, thank you for being my inspiration for the beauty that came out of these stories. To the angels who stood beside me while I battled the evil inside of the mirror, these books and stories will represent how you have been there for me. 

And to the younger me, who probably didn’t know that she was beautiful under the skin; you were going to do great things. Don't you ever look back a question the choices that lead you to the me that I have become...

If you guys want more Mini Horrors from the Grave, please leave a comment and like below. Share your ideas and I will listen. Now without further due, here's the girl's tale of learning the true meaning of beauty...

I remember that day when everything changed. All it took was one wish and nothing was the same again...

I looked at my reflection in one of the girls’ bathroom mirrors and sighed. My classmates all had these beautiful features. I have caught the boys rating the girls on beauty in their notebooks and I wasn’t even on the list. I can feel the anxiety growing in the pit of my stomach. I could never be beautiful for love, I thought as I turned to exit the high school’s bathroom. I try to avoid the two girls, who were digging through the trash looking for any alcohol left by one of the future dropouts. One picked up a strange black glass bottle. It looked really old, maybe even older than our English teacher. Both girls screamed and dropped the bottle and ran out of the bathroom. I saw what made the girls flee, a small furry rodent was trapped in the bottle, tapping frantically against the glass. For some reason my heart wanted to free him, so I picked it up and opened it. There was a great deal of gray smoke, and when it cleared, the tiny rodent hopped out and began to speak. He told me that his name was Julio and despite his appearance, he was a jerboa genie. I was stunned that Julio wasn’t afraid of me. 

Julio, the jerboa genie said, “Whew… Thanks for letting me out of there. I’ve been trapped in there for a thousand years, and I have an itch on my back that I just can’t reach. If you would, please, give me a good scratch, I will be so grateful, that I will grant you three wishes. However, don’t try to be a smarty-pants, because if you try to wish for three more wishes or any other funny business that will result in additional wishes, you will be stuck in the bottle for a thousand years.”

I look down at this little furry creature in my hand, with a strange feeling growing in my stomach. This furry little breast had this mischievous look in his eyes. I choked as I spoke, “I-I want to be beautiful because I am sick of the other girls making fun of me for long snake hair and my rudy red eyes.” Julio smiled as he jumped up onto my shoulder and we headed back to my home, but as we strolled through the streets, I realized that my wish had come true in a horrible way. Every demon that looked me in the eye became stone and cracked before me, leaking blood from the pores of the rock. I ran to see what I now looked like in one of the stores’ windows. My red eyes that once covered my thin body had vanished and my snakes melted off my scalp, burning my gray flesh. 

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!” I scream as I fall to the ground, crying in pain. 

Julio smiled as he spoke, “You wanted to be beautiful, but how can a demon be beautiful without being human. After he said this, I looked back at my reflection, to see my now perfectly blue eyes and long blonde hair. I turned to run but before I could the girls who had tortured me for my snake hair stood behind me as bleeding structures. They were beautiful beings of rock, and I smiled. Maybe this was a good wish, I thought to myself… 

I licked the blood from the rock. I am now alone and always hungry. Julio told me that it was because I had to keep young girls wishing to become beautiful in order to keep my appearance. I know what he meant...

I looked at the redhead teen who stood in her bathroom looking at her reflection in her mirror with sad eyes. She didn't see me standing by her reflection and I made my move...

After the girl's mother walked in only to find her baby hanging, I had already returned to the mirror. Now with red hair...

*Note from Adaline*

You have now made it to the end of this nightmare. I hope you can look into the mirror and see the demons hiding behind you, waiting for you to want to change yourself. They are hiding in the shadows, waiting for fresh prey. And I will be there too, watching from my room of broken mirrors. Will you change your appearance to hide from the monsters or will you flee from them as you are? I will extend my hand to guide you on this journey of fear, the real question is if you will take it or not...

April 04, 2022 17:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.