2 comments

Teens & Young Adult Sad Thriller

My sister, my very own sister millions of thoughts were swimming through my mind never in a million years would I have thought it would have been her. I'm a detective I have been working for the Star city police force for two years now I was so excited when I the captain said that. I would be on the case of trying to find a killer but I never thought that the murder would be someone I knew let alone my own sister. She was the killer though she murdered Jack Evans a sixteen year old who had been her boyfriend for a few months now. I still cant believe it Sasha Hue killed her boyfriend she's only fifteen my little sister.

"You okay Nick" I heard Chris say I looked over at him I tried to smile but I couldn't I broke into tears instead.

"No, Chris how could she Sasha murdered a innocent boy he wasn't even seventeen how could she?" I screamed Chris pulled me into his arms and rubbed my back and whispered sweat nothings into my ear.

"Maybe you should go visit her" Chris said softly should I? I sighed I didn't know I never thought that I would be in this position.

"Come with me" I said timidly Chris smiled at me and nodded. before grabbing my hand and heading down the hall. When we got to my sisters spot I felt my breath hitch I didn't know if I could do this. Chris could sense my unease because he gave a gentle squeeze to my and then opened then door.

"Nick" was the first thing I heard when I entered the room my sister was sitting in a chair staring straight at me.

"Why Sasha? why did you kill him? I thought you were happy you told me you loved him." I screamed I saw Sasha shed a few tears and I scoffed at her she didn't get the right to cry she's the reason he's dead. Sasha killed an innocent sixteen year old and now his parents are suffering gravely and it's all her fault.

"I, didn't kill Jack I loved him I truly did we were together for six months and I cherished those months." Sasha said she had broken down sobbing all I wanted to do was slap her I couldn't believe her faking to get my sympathy. If Sasha thought that I was that stupid then she was wrong I would not give in to her I could see straight through her act.

"I know you'll find my fingerprints all over his body but that's because I was his girlfriend held him kissed him of course my DNA would be on him. I know you'll find my fingerprints on the knife but I was trying to save him I was trying to put pressure so he wouldn't die. I also know your find his blood on me but that was because I was holding him sobbing. I didn't kill him." Sasha said her sobs raking through her body.

"I don't believe you, you killed him admit it it was you." I screamed at Sasha she sobbed harder my rage was boiling Chris came up behind me and took my hand. squeezing it slightly in a reassuring way I was glad then that Chris came with me I wouldn't have survived on my own.

"I will see you in court and Sasha you are not my sister anymore your just another killer that I had the pleasure of putting away. I hope you get for life you don't deserve to ever step foot out of prison after you killed your own boyfriend." I said growling at the end with rage I took Chris's hand and together hand in hand we walked to the court house. I sighed as Chris and I took our seats I stared up at my sister rage coursing through out my whole body.

"Lets start" The judge said turning to Sasha now.

"Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth" The judge said right then my parents came through the door coming to sit next to me. I hadn't thought they were coming today but I guess they thought they could do it.

"Wait we have new evidence" I looked over and it was Kevin a cop running up with a piece of paper in his hand I couldn't tell what was going on but he was whispering to the judge about something.

"It seems that Sasha Hue was telling the truth she did not kill him the real killer was Noah Hill he was Jack's. I declare this case over and Sasha Hue to be set free with all charges lifted." I looked up shocked Sasha really didn't kill him she was telling me the truth she never once lied. I stood up and walked over to Sasha my parents right behind me.

"Sasha" I said timidly she looked at me and smiled I got a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach when I saw that smile.

"You know Nick I can't believe you said those thing to me I' grieving I loved Jack very much I do not love many people but those I do love. I love with all my heart I never could have killed him.

"Sasha I am so sorry come here honey." I said motioning for her to come into my arms she didn't move I should have expected that but it still stung.

"It's okay Nick your not my brother anymore and I am not your sister anymore remember?." Sasha said I saw a tear go down her face and I had to fight the urge to reach out and hold her I never should have said those things to her. She was my baby sister and I had yelled at her when she was already stressed enough and going through the grieving process. I should have been there for her she needed me and I abandoned her at I should have known she couldn't have killed anyone. My sister acts tough, strong, confident but she isn't not really our whole family knows she is sensitive, sweet, and kind. My sister plays an ac to protect her heart and if she lets you into her heart then you are special how could I be so stupid to believe she killed him. I wanted to say something but Sasha shushed me as she turned around and walked away I never saw my sister ever again after that day. Nobody in my family did but from what little I know she became a lawyer to help others who got sent to prison wrongfully like she almost did so many years ago.

December 17, 2020 02:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Melia Mendoza
20:40 Dec 25, 2020

Thank you for your review I don't think you read clearly enough you see Chris was not his sister Sasha was his sister Chris was just his friend. Also there was so much pointing to Sasha that Nick had no other choice than to make her guilty. Thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Pam Hicks
04:28 Dec 25, 2020

I couldn't follow the story line because it has so many grammatical errors. My advice is to use a app that can check grammar for you. I didn't understand if Nick was a girl or boy until the end. I assume Chris was a girl, he must have been another error. The story seemed wrong because seems that her brother would have believed her innocent not so quick to think she is quilty. In my experience families usually think their family members are telling the truth and wouldn't do anything wrong.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.