Love at first sight

Submitted into Contest #16 in response to: Write a story that involves love at first sight.... view prompt

0 comments

Romance

Annaline and her friends went backstage to meet the famous dancer. Their hearts were all filled with excitement, making themselves eagerly waiting for the dancer to come onto the backstage.

"wow! am so super excited *

calls were made everywhere and announced on the facebook, the opportunity to meet this famous dancer. The famous dancer made his way to the backstage, as they tried to reach to him but they were given a hard push by the bodyguards. Disappointments filled their hearts, and what they saw their dream of greeting the famous dancer couldn't be achieved.

They turned to leave the backstage with disappointment when they heard someone calling them, "wait there, ladies. At first

Annaline thought it was a nightmare, "how can I be dreaming when walking?

"Did he call us back? Annaline asked her friends

Annaline looked to see if there was someone behind them, and she saw no one. And this famous dancer kept on calling them, they were frightened to move near thinking that the bodyguards would push them hard.

"come, don't be afraid*

Annaline moved slowly like a snail towards him, the big smile that he put towards Annaline as he introduced himself.

"Hello! My name is Dave and what about yours?

"Hi! My name is Annaline and my friends are Judy, Jane*

Annaline and her friends couldn't believe that their hands got to greet the famous dancer. All eyes popped out, I bet they didn't wash their hands as they wanted it not to be washed to stay with greetings from the famous dancer.

The concert was about to start, that Annaline had no tickets to see the show.

"go into the hall, that you and your friends may see my dance, "Dave said.

"But Dave, we don't have tickets, "Annaline answered.

Dave took them into the hall and ushering them to good seats. Screams as ladies screamed seeing the famous dancer, eyes of hatred all turned to Annaline and her friends. These was ladies man, for all ladies liked him that they screamed like mad people in the hall.

The show had come to an end, looking onto the watch time had really flied. Darkness had filled the environment for it was 10pm.

"what will I tell my mother? By now she is worried about my whereabouts -*

Annaline couldn't leave when they were called by Dave on the backstage as they were taken to a big restaurant near by. There was no excuse of not eating, food brought onto the table.

"Ladies, wash your hands and start eating-*

"No! No! Our hands are clean-*

they didn't want to remove that memory of greeting famous dancer from their palm. Dave stood next to Annaline, she felt uneasy as Dave held onto her shoulders and whispering through her ears, "can we talk privately away from your friends?

"Excuse me! Annaline excused herself from the table, following Dave, while her friends kept on staring, "what are these two up to?

Annaline had no idea, why Dave wanted to talk to her in private. All filled up in shyness but left to look down as she drew the map of Africa on the ground. Dave got hold of her hands bringing more chills over her body, lifting up her head and coming onto contact with Dave's eyes.

"Annaline You are beautiful and i like you*

No words were able to come out of her lips, Annaline remained speechless as she stared at him, "this is not a dream " she thought over and over. No matter how Dave called her, the mind was not there.

Annaline was startled by Dave when he shook her, "did you hear what I said?

Annaline smiled at him, "yes Dave and have always liked you too". Dave couldn't hide that joy in his heart, hugging Annaline so tightly and putting a kiss on her forehead.

There was celebrations as Annaline and Dave's friends kept on clapping their hands, "congratulations to the newly couple in town. Dave held Annaline's hand walking towards the party to celebrate, champagne was opened drinking to the fullest.

Dave escorted Annaline and her friends to their homes, bidding Dave goodbye. She had that idea that now her mother was deep asleep. She removed her shoes off from her feet and walked slowly into the house when startled by the voice as the light went on.

"Young lady, and where are you coming from?

"Mother, you are still awake-*

The mother was not in a good mood, as she kept on stamping his feet so hard that there was earthquake on the ground.

"I was at the concert, "Annaline said.

"Till this hour? Mother was so furious that she didn't want to talk anymore, "shut the doors"as she walked off to bed.

"Have never seen my mother that angry*

The sun shined up so brightly as Annaline headed downstairs and found her mother in the kitchen, "Good morning mother! but to her surprise she was welcomed with a cold shoulder.

"Mother, please am sorry, "Annaline apologized.

The mother looked at her moving close, "Annaline I love you and stop this late hours. Annaline looked at her mother, "I won't be coming late and I love you mother. All was well, giving each other the hug of bond between mother and daughter.

"Mm mm! thank you mother for sweet breakfast-*

There was a knock at the door, Judy and Jane were standing right at the door as they were welcomed inside the house. They had come to do some studies with Annaline when they were interrupted by anonymous phone call. Not having a slight idea who was the caller.

Annaline dropped the phone down and was like she had seen a ghost. Judy and Jane looked at her but tears kept on rolling from her eyes.

"Annaline, What's the matter?

Annaline hugged Judy crying on her shoulders as Jane offered her water to drink.

"Dave is in the hospital, I need to go and be with him, "Annaline said

worries filled her heart, her friends couldn't let her go by herself but accompanied her to the hospital.

"Excuse me nurse, is there a patient by name David Newton?

The nurse kept on looking the book, when Annaline heard someone calling her, "Annaline *

She turned behind only to see Dave's friend standing right there , "don't worry nurse as she headed towards the man. "What happened to Dave?

"Dave fell down on the concert and he has not woken up-*

"I need to see him, "Annaline was allowed into Dave's room only to find him lying with tubes all over his body. Annaline couldn't control her tears, holding the hand of Dave, "Don't die on me I need you more"as she whispered through his ears.

Tears fells from her eyes dropping onto Dave's eyes, slowly by slowly Dave opened his eyes and saw Annaline beside his bed.

"My love, "Dave called and Annaline was so excited to see Dave awake, "you are awake.

"What happened? Dave asked*

SShhhh! save your strength my love, Annaline called onto the doctor and found that each day Dave continued improving.

Months had gone by and a trip to Dubai had been arranged. It was the most exciting moments of Annaline travelling together with Dave.

The plane hit a bird that there was technical problem as the plane was going to crash. People screamed seeing death looking in their eyes.

"My love am scared, "Annaline said as Dave held her hand and word that he told her was, "I love you. Annaline replied to him, "I love you too. Hugging each other so tightly as the plane crashed in the woods setting a blaze. There was no survivors, Dave and Annaline all died in the plane crash. The true love that they had never faded, they died in each other's arms.


Copyright by Joan Opoyi

November 20, 2019 12:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.