Adventures In Cascade Falls

Submitted into Contest #138 in response to: End your story with someone saying: “What a day.”... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Fiction

I want to do something fun. The weather is nice. The sun is shining, everyone is out doing fun things.

I want to go on a spectacular adventure and in this town, there are so many fun things to do.

Cascade Falls is unlike any place to live. There is a zoo, aquarium, boat tours, paragliding, parasailing, even a submarine adventure tour.

There is also hiking to the big water falls which is happily named after our town. We can also go bird watching and then at night you can go star gazing at the observatory. Just naming all the things to do at Cascade Falls is tiring me out.

This is the reason why Cascade Falls is ranked number one tourist destination. Besides all the cool activities to do, Cascade Falls also has some of the best restaurants, the best dessert shops and the best ice cream shop.

Now you know why Cascade Falls is the best place to live and to visit.

Time to begin my adventure. My first stop is the zoo. Another good thing about my home is that you don't need a car. Everything is within walking distance.

I walk to the zoo, which only takes me a good ten minutes. Luckily for me it's not tourist season, but you still see a few outsiders here and there.

Tourist season begins in May and last all the way to September. Don't get me wrong I like meeting the tourist and telling them all about Cascade Falls, but sometimes it can get a little annoying.

I made it to the zoo, there's a few people, but I know more are coming. It's only morning.

I paid for my ticket. The prices are down until May. I get my ticket and a map just in case I get lost.

My first stop is the lion den. The lions are some of the most beautiful animals in the world.

I enter the lion den. It's a little eerie. I step up to the window and see a family.

There is the mother, father and two cubs. They are so beautiful.

I watch them for five minutes. The father lion comes up to the window, he stares right into my eyes. It was like the father lion is looking right into my soul.

I wave goodbye to the lions and my next stop are the sea lions.

The sea lion enclosure is up ahead. I couldn't imagine a more beautiful day to be out.

I enter the sea lion enclosure. There are two places where you can see the sea lions. One is down where I am, where you can see the sea lions swimming. The other one is on the upper deck.

I'm down in the lower deck watching them swim. They are incredible creatures.

I watch them swim gracefully for a few moments, then I go to the upper deck.

In the upper deck you are allowed to throw a ball and feed the sea lions. I do both.

The sea lions are the most beautiful creatures you can ever encounter.

After a good twenty minutes of playing and feeding the sea lions I wave goodbye and they wave goodbye to me. My next stop are the tigers.

Like the lions, the tigers are very beautiful creatures.

I walk to the tiger enclosure and unlike the lion den, the tiger enclosure has a fence not a window.

The fence you have to stay at least three feet back. The tigers are indeed beautiful. I watch the mother tiger and her cub playfully interact. They are so adorable.

I stay and watch the tigers for a bit longer than usual. I smile every time the cub pounces on its mother.

After the tigers I see many more animals like the Giraffe, monkey, elephant, deer, panda, peacocks, zebras, gorillas, crocodile, fishes, penguins, and so many other beautiful animals.

My time at the zoo is finished. I had a great time watching all the animals. My favorite was the sea lions.

I can't decide what to do next. Heights is not my thing so paragliding and parasailing are out of the question.

I've been to the aquarium this past week. So, my next adventure is hiking down to Cascade Falls.

The hiking trail has some of the most beautiful scenery you can ever imagine. In the back drop is the magnificent Mount Manna.

Mount Manna is a wonder to look at. Every year tourist come to the hiking trail and take pictures of our beautiful mountain. Some even attempt to climb Mount Manna.

I walk to the hiking trail. It's not far from the zoo. Along the way I stop to buy my favorite ice cream, mint chocolate chip.

The hiking trail is the most popular destination for the tourist. This is my second favorite place. My favorite place is the zoo.

So, I'm at the hiking trail and here you have two options. You can walk or rent a bike.

Walking the trail to the falls takes a but longer. Riding the bike is quick and it's so much fun. I chose to ride the bike.

I walk to the rental store and pay for the bike. I hop on and ride to the bike trail.

The sun shining makes the scenery even more beautiful. The birds chirping is just beautiful.

I stop the bike when I reach Mount Manna. I get off the bike and sit on the ground. I sit there thinking about a lot of things.

Fifteen minutes later I get back on the bike and continue on to Cascade Falls.

I love the wind blowing in my hair, the smell of the trees.

Finally, I made it to Cascade Falls. I park on the trail and walk to the falls.

The falls are a wonder to look at. It is said that if you stand at the edge of the falls and make a wish, your wish comes true.

I walk to the edge of the falls and make a wish. Now you can't know what my wish is.

I stay at the edge of the falls, take my shoes off and sit on the ground. I close my eyes and take in the beauty and magic of the falls.

An hour later I get back on the bike and head back up the trail thinking about where my next adventure will be.

So, I gave the bike back to the rental place and I've decided to go on the coolest adventure, an underwater adventure.

That's right I said an underwater adventure. I know what you are thinking. How is this possible?

I'll give you an answer. One of our esteemed residents is a marine biologist who of course loves the sea and he wanted to share his love of the ocean with the community.

So, he built a submarine that took him many years, he calls the submarine the pride of Cascade Falls. Everyone loves the submarine residents and tourist.

I walk to Aqua-land which is where you will find the boat tours and other water activities.

The walk to Aqua-land takes only ten minutes. Along the way I meet some friends and I buy a bottle of water.

After saying goodbye to my friends, I continue my walk to Aqua-land.

I made it to Aqua-land. The line for the ticket booth is a bit longer than usual, but I get my ticket and head to the pride of Cascade Falls.

Thank God the pride of Cascade Falls is big. I'm able to get in with the first group.

I sit near the front row where I'm able to look through the port hole.

After the last person sits, the captain comes on the speaker. He tells us to sit back and enjoy the ride.

This ride is going to be so much fun.

The pride of Cascade Falls begins to move, off we go. She goes underwater and immediately I see the fish, all sorts of different fishes with different colors.

I also see turtles, dolphins, even some sharks. The sharks weren't that scary. They came to the port hole and bang on it. Nothing scary. They were just curious as to who we are.

There is nothing like being under the ocean, a whole new world with amazing creatures.

The submarine tour lasted an hour and a half. It was beautiful and magical.

The pride of Cascade Falls docked back at Aqua-land. I got off and walked back to town.

I had a great today. I saw so many incredible things. The zoo, the hiking, trail, the submarine tour was all just amazing. I loved every minute of it.

Today by far was the best day I ever had.

What a day.

March 24, 2022 21:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.