2 comments

Happy Inspirational Sad

Why can't I be rich..!? I complained but I was grateful for my own space. I used to think I would never find my way because of all the hard times I faced to get to the here and now.

I then realized that I am where I tell myself I am. I'm a healer, never lost.

I thought to myself, If I can sell everything today, I can go home early..pondering if standing outside waving people in would work but that's not my style..

Finally i get the shop door unlocked, it's been giving me trouble for weeks but I'm not feeling my inner handy man today, avoidance sounds easier I thought.

By 11 am it felt like nap time..This day had not had many folks traveling through..Hopefully soon!

Trying to remain positive had taken a toll on my spirit over the weekend, but I was sure my patience in the Universe would pay off at some point.

I did some light cleaning as I usually do on Mondays, letting My thoughts just go where they please. My mind pushed on through the same mundane routines, ideas and what I was making for dinner.

The door chime finally sounded and I perked up! Some ladies came eagerly inside, smiling and excited! I myself was uplifted almost instantly!..anything not to dwell on the absence of people was a plus.

As with half the visitors, who visited, this was like a new world to them, it was their first time exploring a spiritual store like this.

I greeted them and acted busy..I usually allow my silence to be an open door to discovery at their own pace. Rushing anything led me to failures and regrets in my own life experience.. lessons learned. Having emotional support experience saved my butt many times! No one is open to change unless they are asking questions.

Over seven years I found many ways to introduce information to people, let them ask.

A few moments passed and I started to feel a tug at my Heart Chakra.

I scanned around the store quickly to see who had a broken wing so to speak, I could feel it just under the surface..

One of the ladies looked over at me silently for a moment, then she asked,

"Can you tell if a spirit is around someone"?

I tilted my head downward respectfully and said "I can".

She looked around a little more as if she was seeking a sign. "Im Rose and I lost my boyfriend a year ago" she stated..

I let out a little sigh and said, "I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your loved one, If I can help in any way, please feel free to let me know when you're ready".

She stood there a second and looked back at a shelf of Quartz crystals.

Rose then said, "Is there a spirit with me now?"

I said softly, "Yes, there is a spirit with you".

"Is it a He or She" she asked..

I stated I felt a male..slightly to her right and two feet back behind her.

She seemed sceptical but I held my confidence.

She went on to say, she felt at peace with his passing for the most part but something still feels hollow sometimes.

She said she felt he was but wasnt smart in that area enough to know. I handed her a book about grief and a Rose Quartz, I recommend baby steps. She smiled with her eyes and looked down at the book..

She didn't say anything else for a few minutes then she asked.." Is he ok? "..

Understanding the energy in her words my Heart went out to her instantly. I myself missed someone very deeply. My father.

I grew to understand That not everyone can stay forever nor are they meant to.

"He is always with you," I said.

Death isn't the end, sometimes it's also a beginning..

Its kinda like a chapter in your own personal life story.

I told her it was ok to always keep him in her story, just allow him to hold a smaller part in it.

I explained sometimes we only needed that person for a moment. Sometimes people only had one small part from the start..I know we never see it coming and we never are truly ready.

I asked Rose to value the things he taught her about life and herself. She didn't do anything wrong, she wasn't being punished for something.

She seemed to understand and moved towards a small figure sitting on a back shelf, this item was my personal item and not for sale. Usually.

Rose picked up this tiny figure of a frog singing..

"Is this yours or for sale"? she asked curiously.

I knew where this was headed..Many times I have given away little items like this, it wasn't a big deal so I gave it to her without a second thought.

Rose then smiled and held the figure as if it was a direct message from above.

For a while she was silent.

Waiting for her to say something further I found a little box to put it in for safe transport..."Free of charge" I announced happily.

She was only focused on that little frog.

I was not for sure why she was drawn to the frog right away but I would discover soon enough.

The energy around the ladies seemed to be much better after a while, not perfect, but better.

We talked a moment more then more people began to come, a blessing I thought to myself. It became fitting to part ways until next time..

My vibration must have said, "I have to know how this frog Statue relates to her" because Rose then turned back towards me finally to say..

"You know when we met..He said if he "goes" before I do..I'll always know it's him near me for sure, when I heard the frogs sing".

She said, " I laughed at him everytime he said it.. I would tell him, silly, frogs can't sing. We had a little warm hearted chuckle at that.

I started to feel electric current wash over my head to my feet, all my hairs stood at attention..I think Rose felt it too. I like to believe it's approval from the Universe.

Rose seem to ponder deeper into her thoughts for a moment.

I was glad she had hope at that point, it's hard to get others to feel motivated to feel better sometimes.

I have found that only half the people I have offered guidance, truly follow any of it.

I urged The ladies to come back and see me. If new love comes to Rose, I wanted to know how it went. Happy endings makes my day.

Rose then said "it's really a miracle that the frog was just sitting there,,like it had been waiting for me almost....." Thank you for everything", she said.

I replied, "everyone's allowed to change their minds miss Rose, you are always welcome".

June 28, 2022 19:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

F.O. Morier
06:13 Jul 07, 2022

What an adorable story!

Reply

Angie Shroble
18:05 Jul 07, 2022

Thanks so much! It is my first time 🦋 Truly, Thank you🤘🪷

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.